Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:04 am 
Ssj Bunbun wrote:
Wonder how long it took Fred to learn the difference between hydraulic fluid and blood...

He hasn't. If someone's cybernetic arm is leaking hydraulic fluid, that counts as "injured". And then there was that incident - a food fight involving lots of tomato sauce - when Fred managed to declare a general medical emergency despite no actual injuries (uness you count Captain Rojo, who managed to sprain something laughing).

Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:53 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: NekoFlashblade
Hey CCC, does Fred still have a presence on the Supernova even when he's out an about?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:17 pm 
No. He tried that once before, on a different network, before joining Rojo's crew, and ended up with two Freds; and the other Fred wouldn't let him back on the system, claiming it would be a waste of resources. (As far as he knows, the other Fred is still out there somewhere, but they haven't communicated in a terribly long time).

In case of emergency, he has left himself a backdoor on the Supernova that can be remotely accessed; in order to be able to load himself back there without being physically present on the ship. He also has automated systems running that log everything that happens on the ship while he's out; when he gets back, he'll spend a minute or two reading the logs. With these precautions in place, Fred considers it unnecessary and, considering the risks, counter-productive to maintain a permanent presence on the Supernova.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:03 am 
Oh lord, I can only picture Other Fred as some some of AI zombie, hijacking and infecting ships one at a time and going all HAL on their occupants.

Post subject: Deleted Scene
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:58 pm 
Quote:
FRED YOU STUPID SON OF A -" Jomo's more colorful vocabulary comes out in full force...

"Would you prefer me to close the door again so that you can blast it open?" enquires Fred, while Jomo looks over the pulsar in the hold.

"YES!" yells Jomo.

"Just let the rest of us out before you close it, will you, Fred?" requests Feng, carrying out the red pulsar.

--------------

Meanwhile, on the bridge:

Fred wrote:
The ship automatically calls for help as soon as it's under fire.

Captain Rojo yells something unprintable, followed by "Everyone back to the Supernova! Fred, that incudes you, get moving now!"

"Yes, sir!" In the corridor, Fred's box disengages from the main computer, turns about, and runs back the way it came. After a few moments, Fred re-engages with the main computer, opens all the pressure doors in the corridors, and then re-disengages and continues hurrying.

--------------

Back in the pulsar hold, Jomo looks at the door with a little smile. He runs his hand along the edge thinking of exactly which exposives will open the door with a minimum of unexpected casualties. He reaches for his belt...

...the belt full of heavy explosives equipment. Which he'd taken off to get at the pockets at the back the first time he'd tried to blast this door open.

The belt which was, therefore, currently back on the other side of the door.

Jomo takes a deep, angry breath and yells "FRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!"

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:39 pm 
Jomo's life goal is to find a way to convert Fred's box into a bomb, and have it "accidentally" go off.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:55 pm 
Strangely, even if Fred managed to survive this (by loading himself onto another system first, for example) he would find nothing suspicious about it. He might ask Jomo to provide a replacement box, though.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:28 pm 
I'm just waiting for an excuse for Zach to say "I have a bad feeling about this . . . ".

Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:27 am 
I don't expect this to work, but the pay-off if it does is big enough that I have to try...

Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:49 pm 
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
Making some awful big assumptions there, CCC - namely, that ships in this universe can be hacked without a hardpoint (which is just terrible security), that military ships don't have that "feature" disabled, that a Dreadnaugnt if nothing else wouldn't have that "feature" disabled, that key systems wouldn't be isolated and handled by the crew directly, that there are no manual overrides if the ship gets hacked, that it doesn't have any automated defenses that can stop any attempt to access this otherwise critical weak point, and that there are no manual defenses, including a ship's AI, which could stop any attempt to access this weak point... And that any defenses aren't going to respond to Fred's attempt to hack with a counter-hack that will fry his diodes.

Or, to put it bluntly, follow the Captain's orders and evacuate.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:12 am 
Well, yes, that's why I don't expect this to work. But when Fred reads that entry in the handbook, his immediate reaction is best summarised as in one word as "WANT!"

When he finds that he can't get, at least not immediately, then he'll evacuate - his personal-size robot's still in the docking bay, anyway - and look longingly back at that wonderful piece of hardware.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:09 pm 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
AND we're back and hopefully on track. Stupid life filled with distractions.

ANYWAY!

I think the way I'll handle the standard issue corsairs is you tell me what kind of Corsair you see your character using (Light, Medium or Heavy) and I will give you a loadout of one of those that I think fits your character. You will have a chance to customize in the next thread.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:44 pm 
Out of those choices, I shall pick Light. Fred's emphasis is on not getting hit, and getting close enough to damaged enemy hardware to persuade it to listen to him instead of the sack of organic material sitting at what used to be the main control panel. Both of these require speed and a certain degree of finesse. Possibly the sort of weapon that temporarily disables weapons and/or shields instead of destroying them outright.

Fred probably takes a lot of very confused prisoners.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:15 pm 
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
Feng is Heavy Weapons Girl. She kind of needs a heavy Corsair, preferably armed to the teeth, yet able to move surprisingly quickly due to her direct neural interface.

Also, we've decided that Feng has ended up naming all of the Corsairs after Goetic demons, based on a tradition on her old ship. Names are tentatively as follows, based on my estimate of what peoples' roles will be.

Rocs: Barbas
Fred: Forneus
Feng: Haborym
Jonas: Leraje
Sebastian: Sabnock
Jomo: Vinea

If you disagree, you are free to argue with her. Bear in mind that she has a very large wrench, a personality disorder, and a surprising degree of control over what gets painted on your mech's shoulder during repairs.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:41 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Sebastian walks into the hanger and finds a pretty pink pony painted onto his mech's shoulder. "What the hell?"

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG