Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 165 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:09 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
"You poor baby." She touches his clothing and suddenly the fibers seem to explode inwards in the reverse pattern of being shot. "There, your shame is now covered. Would you like a lollipop? Prehaps a glass of warm milk?"

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:10 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
"Could it have anything to do with the situation Athena is in?" Harmony looks concerned (quite genuinely) for her teacher. "Someone had arrived just as we left wanting to speak with her..." Harmony walks up toward Destiny.

MUSE, on the other hand, is being very, very quiet. It's not even humming, which is abnormal. If anything, it seems to be... hiding behind Harmony's head.

##############

Be vewy, vewy quiet...

[SHH!]

##############

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:11 pm 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
Asch actually chuckles at Destiny's treatment of Serpico. "Very well, then, guess we have no choice. Let's move along, then, shall we, everyone?" She moves towards the door, and lightly taps on the wall.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:12 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Serpico snickers as well at Destiny's quick response. "Didn't even miss a beat? Good on you. Maybe later on the rest, though." He follows Asch. "Don't think were going to hear any more here. We might as well see what's up."

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:13 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Yes, something is certainly unusual..." Lumina comments. "It would take a grand emergency indeed to pull Athena away from the classroom while we were out on a mission. I hope she's alright..."

Shaking her head, Lumina makes her way towards the door. "Let's not dawdle. I, too, want to see where this is going."

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:20 pm 
"It may." She replies to Harmony, "And I'm not being coy with you, you know as much as I do at this point. Ah, but the person who came to get Athena was I. Commanded by the Elders to summon her to the counsel, after which she left in quite a hurry and asked me to wait for you all."

She turns to lead the group into the hallway and walks them through the school. Everything appears normal; students walking about, chatting it up. Teachers are teaching, battle practice, mission lists, the works. "Here is the deal," Destiny speaks as she keeps a brisk pace, "The Elders are quite old fashioned and stubborn. Be polite, speak only when spoken to, and know that they can kill you on a whim just to teach you a lesson in manners." She gives a pointed look to Serpico.

"Harmony." She points at MUSE, "I would store your Shift inside your body for the time being. Athena has informed me of your situation."

After a few minutes of walking, she stops outside of a set of gigantic oak doors, inlaid with delicate rune work and golden trim. "Be on your best behavior, the lot of you. Any questions before we step in best said now - these are the leaders of the Arbiters and are best not bothered by trivial matters." She waits to see if anyone needs to know anything else before entering.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:23 pm 
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
The Awakener stands silently, waiting for Lady Destiny to open the door and let them in.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:26 pm 
Asch sticks her hands in her pockets. "Nothing. Proceed."

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:27 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Lumina frowns, but otherwise says nothing.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:29 pm 
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Harmony looks questioningly at MUSE, who scurries... into Harmony, a rather skincrawling effect that feels like a slow electric shock, causing her to give a short shiver.

She then looks at Destiny and gives a short nod. "I see that Athena trusts you indeed..." She follows along silently, but while they walk...

###################

#Well?#

Ahhhhhh... Well. Suffice to say. When we healed you, we caught the attention of the Elders. They sent Arbiters after us.

[So don't draw attention to yourself.]

#AND YOU'RE TELLING ME THIS NOW!?#

[Don't. Draw. Attention. To. Yourself.]

#I'm the group leader! I'm expected to talk!#

[Why do you think I was against it?]

#...#

[I did warn you.]

###################

Harmony takes a deep breath, looking like she wants to glare at something... but then gives a short nod and composes her face into nothingness.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:28 am 
Chandi has been surprisingly quiet, cut off from her conversation with Serpico by the arrival back in the classroom and the appearance of the mysterious woman, with a name that makes Chandi visibly tense. She bites her tongue, acting surprisingly civilly as she follows the group. Her heart is racing. Her thoughts return to the call she made about Makosan, and getting Athena's help. Then to her attempted removal of Shin's memories. Then to what she's been told of her trial. She wonders how this could affect the team, what could happen to them, and what could be so important to drag Athena off.

Chandi's heart races faster, and she silently thanks the universe that gods don't really have to worry about passing out as much as mortals.

When they arrive at the door, and MUSE hides within Harmony, Chandi's catches Harmony's expression, and Chandi's gaze shifts to the floor. She shakes her head at Destiny's question.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:12 am 
Destiny takes a deep breath and pushes on the door - at her touch the runework begins to glow brightly for a few moments before the doors swing slowly inward with a very loud creak. She leads Those Who Remember inside...

Once all are within, the doors swing quickly shut and the crack between them disappears, sealing them inside. Within sits an extremely plain large room... white walls, windowless, white floors, white ceiling... the only color inside the room is the varnished wooden elongated and rounded table in the center of the room, the seven brown leather chairs sitting around it, and the six Elder Gods waiting patiently for them.

For a moment, the energy in the room is overwhelming... the pressure coming from these six is so much some fall to their knees, unable to stand. A second later, the pressure fades and the crushing atmosphere of the room returns to normal.

"Elders." Destiny strides forward, "I would like to introduce you to Those Who Remember, Lady Athena's current graduates." She waves to them all in term, speaking their names, "This is Harmony, Asch, Serpico, The Awakener, Lumina, Chandi and Alexis."

She turns gracefully and waves to each Elder in turn, introducing them to the group.

At the head of the table, sits an extremely old man. The top of his head is completely bald, but his face is covered in a flowing white beard that falls far underneath the table. He is dressed in a plain white robe that covers his arms and legs and leans upon his wrinkled hands with his chin. "This is Elder Solarus. He is the founder and leader of the Arbiters."

His long nose and bushy white eyebrows twitch as he speaks, "...young lady..." he doesn't move nor open his eyes, but the group seems to know he's speaking to Harmony. His voice is oddly plain, but has a slight echo to it. "...you appear to be possessed..."

Destiny tenses slightly.

"...of a very fine head of hair..." he rubs his own bald head and smiles in a grandfatherly manner.

Destiny smiles and moves on, waving to the stern looking older woman sitting at Solarus' right hand. Her hair is black, laced with streaks of silver, and she wears flowing red robes that match Solarus' in shape. Her nails are painted to match her robes, "This is Elder Solarus' second in command, Elder Aurora." She nods and when she moves, her cloak seems to flow like water, shifting a thousands different colors in a few seconds before settling back down to red.

"Greetings."

Destiny motions to the extremely large, muscular man sitting across from Elder Aurora and to Elder Solarus' left. He's wearing a black cloak over a black leather tunic, pants, and a tightly sinched belt. Hanging off it's side is a gigantic long scabbard that partially lays on the ground... it's a good 8 feet long and has the hilt of a sword poking out of the top. He has shortly cropped black hair, "This is Elder Yasuhiro." The dark man nods and says nothing.

Sitting to Elder Aurora's right is a tiny little dwarf of a man, elvish, blonde and bouncing in his seat. Destiny is about to introduce him when he leaps up and bounds over to Those Who Remember, dragging a long green cloak behind him that's a good two feet two long for him... he being only about three feet tall himself. He bounces on his heels, grasping each Arbiter by the hand and shaking vigorously, "Elder Riordan here!! How are you all? It's a pleasure to meet you! I'm so happy we get to meet at last, I just wish it were under better circumstances." As he bounces, his fat little pot belly jiggles, cinched up by a red rope belt. He leaps up onto the table and bows, pointing at the woman sitting to the left of Elder Yasuhiro. "This is my wife! Elder Viata!" He leans over and gives her a peck on the cheek before returning to his seat.

Viata is the exact opposite of Riordan... tall, flowing blue hair that seems to stir in an non-existent breeze, she stands and bows... seeming to float as she moves. Her robes are the same color as her hair and seem to phase in and out of existence along with her body. When she speaks, it's as if her voice is a whisper on the wind - but the group can understand every word. "Welcome."

Destiny smiles and motions to the last God sitting to Elder Riordan's right, "This is... erm..."

The man in the red battle armor with crossed arms and spiky black hair lets out a rather large snore. Elder Rirodan prods him deeply in the ribs and the man sits up with a jolt, "I'm up... I'm up! Oh... are the kiddies here? Heya!"

"And this is Elder Arkadius." Aside from Destiny and Those Who Remember, Arkadius is the youngest Elder in the room. He looks to be in his mid forties, but as he looks over the group they realize quickly that he must be the most active member... because he's scarred from head to toe. Harmony and Chandi both can feel it... the man is scarred almost as badly as Athena, but his scars are far more visible. Namley a star-shaped scar running over his left eye that's sealed it shut. Aside from that is a huge scar along his jaw where it looks like someone tried to cut his throat, a missing right ear, two fingers missing from his left hand (judging by the way his pinky and next finger in his black gloves hang empty and limp) and Elders know what else is hidden underneath that armor.

The 7th seat sits empty... until Destiny walks over and takes it. "Now that we are all here... just what is going on? Why did you have me fetch them before telling me?"

Elder Aurora answers, "Because we did not want this information spreading around the school."

Destiny's brow crumples, "Just what is it?"

Elder Viata speaks, "The Collapsed Core brought back from Utopia... has armed itself into a bomb."

"...what?"

"A few hours ago, undetected by even us, it send out soul tethers and connected to each student, teacher and worker in headquarters and the school... including us." She's dead serious.

Destiny seems confused, "I noticed no such thing! How could we miss that?"

For the first time, Elder Yasuhiro speaks in a deep booming voice, "Because whomever set that core up is as strong as we are... if not stronger."

Destiny turns a paler shade of white, "Impossible..."

Aurora takes over, "Unfortunately, it's true. Elder Viata Soul-Dove into the Core the moment we detected it; please tell us what you found."

"The bomb is programmed to go off after a few more hours time. It is also programmed to explode instantly if there is a mass exodus from the school. I could not dive deeply without setting it off, but from what I've found the way its connect to everyone... if it goes off, each person it's connect to will unravel."

Destiny is on her feet before anyone can blink, "But that means..."

Arkadius shakes his head, "The mass unraveling of Arbiter Headquarters... and it's worse babe. If people try and teleport out, the tendrils will follow and unravel them wherever they land. It'll also eat up the Etherial Plain connected to the HQ and all worlds we're connected to. We're talkin the mass unraveling of every single thing the Arbiters got their hands on."

Destiny sinks back down into her seat, "No... that's... that can't be..."

"Well it's not all bad." Riordan chuckles, "Your unique powers my dear! You slip-stepped the tendrils without even realizing it. It's not connected to you."

"...I didn't even realize it. It must have been automatic..." She turns to Athena's students, "I have extremely unique powers... dominion over Time. There has never been, nor do I think there ever will be, another God or Goddess with such a power."

"As such..." Elder Solarus speaks slowly, "...you are in a prime position... to disarm the bomb."

"...then why summon Athena's students with me?"

Aurora looks over the group, "Because for some reason, the tendrils did not connect with them either." She watches their reactions, "Whatever happened on Utopia has made them immune to the bomb's influence. Meaning..."

"...that you want them to help me disarm it."

"Indeed."

Yasuhiro booms, "We cannot force you all to do this... this is not only your lives, but your very souls on the line. We can only request your help. If you wish, you may leave this school on another 'mission' until the danger passes. Your removal will not effect the bomb. Everyone else has been told there is a teleporter malfunction."

"We may only ask your assistance..." Elder Solarus bows his head, "Not require it."

"...wait." Destiny looks to her fellow Elders, "What happens if we fail? Is that it?"

Aurora shakes her head, "There is a failsafe in place... but it's not pleasant. The only persons able to contain the explosion are myself and Elder Solarus. If the bomb goes off... I will absorb the excess energy at the cost of my soul while Elder Solarus burns the explosion out of existence."

"The problem with that is..." Viata whispers, "Is that Elder Solarus must unleash his full power to do so... everyone in headquarters and in the school will be unraveled. But it will not spread to the other worlds."

Grinning, Arkadius claps his hands, "Welp! Better us than half the bloody universe!"

Yasuhiro glares at the young god, "This is no joking matter..."

"Oh lighten up Mr Slashy."

"How dare you..."

"Gentlemen." Elder Aurora's sharp tone silences them both. "We have an official request to make of Those Who Remember. Kindly keep the pissing contests for another time... assuming we all survive."

"...what about Athena?" Destiny poses the question that seems to have been avoided until now. "Where is she? Did you send her off so she didn't make the bomb unstable or something?"

Downcast eyes, Elder Aurora admits, "No... she's on an Emergency Mission on her home world. And we thought..."

"That she would volunteer to disarm the bomb if she could bypass the tendril and you all don't trust her." Destiny seems quite angry.

"On the contrary." Solarus speaks again, "When she learned what befell her world, she left without second thought."

"...what happened?"

The Elders all exchange a worried glance before Arkadius blurts it out, "Another Black Crystal hit. On her home world. Asgard is host to a much bigger crystal this time. We told you to get her, but not what for. When we informed her what was going on, we couldn't stop her from going."

"YOU ARE ALL ELDER GODS! YOU HAD TO KNOW WHAT SHE WOULD DO!" Destiny is livid.

"She too was an Elder..." Aurora has the decency to blush, "We underestimated her."

Destiny sits back down in a huff. "You could have told me... I could have stopped her..."

"And then she'd be inside that core, trying to disarm it."

"So instead she's on a Black Crystal world!! That's much better!"

"We are sorry..." Riordan is almost hiding under the table at Destiny's wrath.

"Fine." She stands and walks over to Athena's students. "You said they aren't connected. They've dealt with the Black Crystal before. Why not send them?"

"They can help her better if the school survives." Yasuhiro is straight to the point.

"Beyond that," Aurora points at a wall, where a picture of Athena's home world appears... the black crystal on it is so large, it's sticking out into space, a quarter size of the planet. "The Crystal is far more advanced... and the same barrier that let Gods in and nothing out has been placed around it. We also got a final message from Athena once she touched down..."

Athena's voice can be hard, breathing hard, "Its bad... the entire planet is corrupt... there are no Mortals here... so it's all Gods... all scholar Gods that have turned... even I am having trouble resisting... send no one. Asgard is lost... do not let my students come here for me. Tell them I love them... tell them I am sorry... but do not let them come here... I cannot last much longer..."

The recording cuts off.

"...as you can see..." Elder Solarus sounds very saddened, "She has requested her students remain here."

"Requested. But not demanded." Arkadius winks at Those Who Remember... and with a missing eye the hole gesture is totally lost. "We ain't forcing them into the core. We can't force them to stay away from their teach either. I say, let em have a choice."

"Arkadius." Aurora is on her feet.

"Oh calm down you old bat. You honestly think they wouldn't ask?"

"..."

Destiny turns to Athena's students, "I can attempt to disarm the bomb on my own. You may go to Athena's aid if needed, or you may remain here with me and help me disarm the bomb. When finished, provided there is still time, I will take you Athena's world personally. But know this... there are limits to my time powers. I cannot exist in two places at once, nor can anyone I send through time. If we disarm the bomb and go back, the disarming will be undone as we won't exist here to disarm it. You must choose which mission to aid... if you want to go on either. I know that both of these are extremely dangerous..."

The Seven Elder Gods await Those Who Remember's answers.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:45 am 
Harmony, very slowly, and simply turns white and rocks back on her feet, saying under her breath "Tiranade, what have you done..." and then she remembers what Makosan told her, only a short while before. "He's still protecting Souls then... he's always done that. As screwed up as his methods are, he does everything in his power to keep the Soul intact. I really don't understand him sometimes."

Her eyes narrow as she starts thinking furiously.

1. Tiranade doesn't hurt souls. So he shouldn't be behind this. Even if it is the Core that he caused to go unstable. And...
2. Tiranade isn't stupid. He wouldn't risk himself going somewhere where he could be recognized, especially somewhere like Arbiter Headquarters.
3. But it IS conspiciously well timed... since the Elders can't react to the Black Crystal when they're locked here. Which means he's working with someone.
4. Someone who doesn't have his 'morals'.
5. Someone who is on the same power level as the Elders. Who can move about Arbiter Headquarters without suspicion. Which means...
6. ... possibly, it could be one of the Elders. One of the Elders, who are currently listening to exactly what they are planning to do to stop it.
7. ... $^@#.

"Of course I will help." She turns to Destiny. "Athena would want us to save as many as possible. This is more important. She..." Harmony takes a deep breath. "She will have to hold on, as long as she can. If all of the Gods there have been corrupted the same way those on Utopia were..." She shakes her head. "There is nothing that can be done for her. Not yet. Not with the Elders held here due to the bomb. It must be disarmed. Then, and only then, can we go to Athena's aid." Harmony's voice is cold, pragmatic, and clipped... but her right hand is clenched into a fist, and it is trembling. "We are Arbiters. We serve the greater good."

"I'm going with you."

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:52 am 
Asch silently and coolly listens to the elders and endures their silliness, and remains stoic through the description of the crisis. As Harmony responds, Asch enters her thinking pose and nods. "I agree with Harmony's judgement. There is more we can do here at this moment."

She sends a quick private message to Harmony. A word, when we have a moment.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:54 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Lumina's shoulders quiver and all the light vanishes from her eyes. She is not taking this well. Not one bit of it. "So.. You're saying that we either save this Academy and all the worlds attached to it, or we save our teacher Athena from a threat we could barely handle the last time we fought it, only this time it's been eating its Wheaties. We'd be torn apart if we tried to take it on."

Lumina is silent for a moment, her entire body seeming to droop as she thinks things through. "This is bigger than just one planet... We have to save the Academy, and if something can be done to save Athena after the fact, then by the moon and the stars and all that is right with the world, we. Will. Get. Her. Back. Now tell me. What do you know about this bomb? How exactly will diving into it help us disarm it?"

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 165 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG