Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:54 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Wow..." Lumina says, finally. "This is all pretty heavy stuff... It's gonna take some time to process all of this information, but I wish to know more about these Unknown. I was tempted to take Tiranade up on his offer if it meant I could learn more about this threat that he's so bothered by. Now that I've seen it, though, I feel it warrants further looking into."

Lumina paces around with nervous energy, clearly unsettled by what she has seen. "If these things are as great a threat as they seem to be, we need to learn as much about them as we can. With Tiranade or without, we need to investigate this matter and we'll be vastly limited in that endeavor if we stay under the thumb of Solarus." Naomi paws at Lumina's boots, seemingly unnoticed until she gets Lumina's attention the hard way by biting her ankle. "Yeouch!" Lumina yells as Naomi leaps up and glides gracefully into her chest, demanding attention until Lumina grabs her and begins petting her. Calming down, Lumina stops pacing and settles against a convenient rock.

"What do you guys think? Athena, what do you think?"

Post Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:02 pm 
Chandi is about to open her mouth when Harmony steps in and delivers her incredibly long speech to Athena, and the others concerning what they went through. When Harmony finishes, Chandi gapes, looking a bit flush at the sudden burst of temper, and then drops her hand slowly. She remains unusually silent for the remaining proceedings, letting the talk progress with a somewhat glazed expression on her face. Not even Ajagara's shocking prods seem to break her from the stupor. It isn't until Athena's presentation of the memory that Chandi snaps back to full attention. "I don't like any of this. I don't trust Tiranade, and I don't trust a fair amount of Arbiters. They can't all be bad, but there's certainly enough people in enough places of power to warrant worry." Chandi pauses. "Athena, do you really want to go with Tiranade? Follow through with his plan? I know he was your student, but that was a long time ago. He's not the same god you taught in a classroom back at the Arbiter HQ.' Chandi pauses, and turns her head to the others. "I can't go with Tiranade. I just can't. I don't trust a god who's tried to kill us, and could easily possess us if things aren't going his way."

Post Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:29 pm 
Salamander wrote:
I must bring them to a true Ending.

"No!" snaps Alexis, immediately. "Just because of what they are, not because of who they are? That's wrong. That's like - that's like trying to unravel us, because our mortal lives ended. If life - if life can survive unravelling, who's to say that personality does not survive as well? Who's to say that Unknowns cannot make the choice between Dark and Light, as Arbiters, Mortals, Gods, all do?"

Post Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:43 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
"You misunderstand," the Awakener says, as its mask turns to Alexis. "If the second possibility I have mentioned is true, I do not intend to End them out of malice, or cruelty, or bigotry. It is because it is Right, and to allow them to continue is Wrong. I believe the term you would use is... mercy."

The Awakener then turns back to Athena, Lumina, and Harmony. "There is another option," it says. "We do not need to choose one or the other. There is the possibility of striking out on our own, neither trusting in Tiranade or the Arbiters. We already know of one who has been successful in hiding from both forces - one who would have great interest in these events as well."

Post Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:55 pm 
"Right?" asks Alexis. "How can it be right to permanently End what may be a good person? If they're in pain, the pain is what should be ended; even if they are evil, reemption is the better choice where possible! But to End someone just because of what they are - that's just wrong! That's what the Eater does! You don't get wronger! It's not mercy, it's just plain evil!"

Post Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:12 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Alexis," Lumina says, cutting him off from saying anything more. "One of the most powerful madmen we've ever encountered, powerful enough to alter the memories of the entire damned council, was willing to devour entire worlds and forcibly recruit a slave army of Gods in response to encountering just one of these things. We can moralize about fighting them AFTER we've learned more about what they are. Right now we need a plan of action so this discussion needs to be tabled for later."

Lumina sighs, rubbing her forehead at the nagging sensation of a dawning headache. "I say we get what information we can out of everyone we can and then run like hell. Maybe head to the beach. Have a couple of fruity beverages in a bungalow by the ocean while we figure out what's what and make plans for the future."

Post Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:36 pm 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
Asch is silent for several moments after the vision before her body buckles and she develops an excited grin.

"I've found it... a lead... hahaha... after all this time..."

Turning to the group, she says, "I have no intention of making a permanent alliance with Tiranade... but as it stands he knows the most about these Unknown, and that makes him the most valuable resource I can think of. I will defer to the majority on this decision... but I will find ways to learn what Tiranade knows regardless."

Post Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:39 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Serpico turns and looks around at the group with a hint of a sneer. "Sometimes I wonder if any of you bother to think before you speak at all. You're speaking of weighty matters. Going on the run, flauting those in power...."

He stands up from the seated position he has been in for the last minute. "Have any of you lived it, i wonder? A life on the edge, on the run and in hiding. Oh, I dont mean you," he dismisses Alexis with a wave. "Being a couple of notches lower on the food chain may be rough, but its not what I mean."

"We will not have any advantages if we go with him. Terry there is an 'honest man', but we can't trust him. In any way. He will use us if he sees fit, and you too, Teacher. We may find ourselves alone, set upon from all sides by those stronger than us who want nothing but to destroy us. I've seen this. I-I lived it..." his voice trails off, uncertain.

"I know what you all think of me. A fool, a smirking jerk. Someone who can't be straight even on his own, much less when dealing with those around him. But I have watched each of you, each of us. And let me tell you this......You don't know what that risk may be, if you take that route."

He looks down, then swallows audibly and looks up again. "But I do. And I think that we need to take the risk. We have to know more. The council? Idiots. Monsters. Fools with power, who forget everything else but holding it. Tiranade? Untrustworthy, but he needs to be observed. If hes on the level, then we've made the right choice. If he isn't...." A hand clenches in a fist and a tight, dark smile. "Well, hes tough, but if he's urrounded by people immune to his best trick, he can be stopped. You are all insane. Naive. Short Sighted. But.....but you are right. We should go."

Serpico sits back on the ground, head bowed and face hidden..

Post Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:45 pm 
SSJJared wrote:
He stands up from the seated position he has been in for the last minute. "Have any of you lived it, i wonder? A life on the edge, on the run and in hiding.

Alexis raises a wing.

SSJJared wrote:
Oh, I dont mean you," he dismisses Alexis with a wave. "Being a couple of notches lower on the food chain may be rough, but its not what I mean."

Alexis lowers his wing, with a frown.

Alexis nods to Lumina. "You're right," he says, "we need more information about these Unknowns to discuss them properly. Before we go about destroying them randomly. I'm not that inclined to trust a madman's ideas, but apparently the madman can at least introduce us to some useful evidence... I think we need to go with him." Alexis sighs. "Besides, I'm not that good at hiding secrets. Given what we now know, I'm fairly likely to do or say something that'll let the Elders know what we've just found out. We can't trust Tiranade... but we don't need to hide what we now know from him, either."

Post Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:49 am 
"So that's it then." Chandi says quietly, a hurt look growing on her face. "We're just going to go with the psychopath, and trust that he'll give us the information we want, that he knows enough to give us options. Trust that he'll eventually let us go, or believe that we can take him down just because we may be immune to one of many, many tricks he has. We're just going to follow him and let him do whatever he pleases to planets and gods, form his stupid army, all because we want to know some tidbits about some monsters that can take down Elders at their weakest, possibly so we can fight them off ourselves in the near future. I got my ass handed to me by a godsdamned Teleporter, had to blow us all up to get anything done on the Training World, and my only contribution to any detective work is serving as the idiot who asks questions, and you think we're gonna be able to do anything about those creatures?" Chandi's breathing increases, her face growing redder, and her volume getting louder. "Why not? Why the Hel not? It's just another home abandoned. It's just another place to return to and show they shouldn't have kicked us out. It's just another group of gods to betray us. And hey, at least I'll be able to find my way back to this one. And when Tiranade betrays us, I can add his home base to that too! It'll be a great big vengeance party, and then I can go gallivanting across the universe, looking for my home world so I can find Jil Warka, stare him straight in his black eyes, and then pull them out with my bare hand." Somewhere during her rant, tears began running down Chandi's face. "And maybe I'll have two by then. I can have Tiranade fix me up, because clearly I'm broken, isn't that right Athena?" Chandi pauses, catching her breath. She rubs her eyes with the bottom of her palm, and then lets out a shuddering breath. "I'll follow you lot out of here, but I'll be leaving as soon as I physically can. My exile is finished."

Post Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:12 am 
"No, Chandi. We're not going to just let Tiranade do whatever he pleases. We've got to find out more, and... he knows things we don't, things that I don't think we can find any other way. Doesn't mean we should trust him. We shouldn't. Doesn't mean we shouldn't do all we can to try and stop him if he does something wrong, like trying to enslave people. We should."

Alexis lays the tip of his tail gently on Chandi's shoulder.

"And, quite honestly... when Tiranade betrays us... I think you could take him. As long as he didn't take you by surprise. You're not broken where it matters, and you're the most powerful out of all of us."

Post Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:16 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
For awhile, Harmony seems content to let the others discuss, her eyes focused off on something else. However... as discussion progresses, she finally turns to the others.

"The Unknown are precisely that. Unknown. All we know is that they are dangerous. Why, how, exactly, they are dangerous, we do not yet know or understand. They may not be our enemies. All we have is Tiranade's admittedly biased testimonial against them. While I suspect that he is correct - he doesn't seem the type to over-react to such threats - it may help to at least view them with an open mind. However... if they are all that is left from a Soul unravelling... nothing but bits and pieces left. Nothing but broken memories and dreams, remnants of what they once were. It would... quite likely be a fate worse than death. The Awakener is right that Ending them may be a mercy."

"We do not have to follow Tiranade. We can work with him, but not for him. We can... use him. Use his knowledge and capabilities. I would imagine that he would be fine with it. He is pragmatic enough to realize that we would be doing so, and he would be using us just as much. And by working with him, we may be able to curb some of his more... extreme tendencies." Though Harmony's expression says that she doubts it.

She then turns to Serpico.

"Don't be so certain you are the only one who has lived a fugitive. Hounded by others who are stronger than you. I may not remember all of my life... before, but..." She shakes her head. "It is of no importance here. You are right - it is not a decision to be entered lightly. The Elder Council cannot be trusted, but neither can Tiranade. Both, I am sure, have their reasons for doing as they are doing. However, looking at it objectively, we have the choice of working with one God who has shown a decided unwillingness to harm Weave, has apparently discovered a way to heal Soul Scars, is pretty much stuck being truthful to us, and is a valuable source of information against an enemy that could be a great threat. Alternatively, we have the choice to continue working for a corrupt council who has, apparently, used Unravelling as a weapon, who would likely be keeping a solid eye on us if our teacher went missing, and I know that I at the very least... MUSE told me that Solarus went hunting for it after what it did to... heal me. I can't imagine it would have been for a good reason. I do not know about everyone else, but it would be too dangerous for me to live under that sort of scrutiny."

"As much as I disagree with his methods, the truth of the matter is that Tiranade has done nothing truly wrong. His actions, however objectionable, have not been the work of a Demon. I cannot say the same for the Elder Council. If I have to choose between working with Tiranade or working for the Elder Council, I know what my preference would be. That isn't to say that I trust him, or even that I am giving him the benefit of the doubt... but I believe it is best that we work with him."

At Chandi's rant, Harmony narrows her eyes. "Are you quite done?" She stalks over to Chandi. "This is hardly the time for histrionics or a pity party. As I recall, you were key in us winning several of those battles that you supposedly did nothing in. You aided Asch and I in discovering the truth. You are a strong, able Goddess, and if you cannot see that because you're so fixated on the thought that you're broken then you are sorely mistaken. Let me tell you a little secret. The only way you are broken is if you break. And you haven't broken yet. Not really. Not in your mind. Not in your soul, no matter how wounded it might be." Harmony closes her eyes, trying to bring her temper back in control, her hand clenching for a moment like it really wants to smack someone... but she finally relaxes it. "No. We work with Tiranade. We don't trust that he'll just give us the information that we want. We work for it. We take it, if necessary. Working with him is a risk, yes, but one that we can afford to take. We cannot say the same for the Elder Council. Furthermore, if he does something that we object to, we stop him, or at least try to. We can hardly do that if we're sitting with our hands over our ears whining that life is a little unfair. Oh no, you are not going home, Chandi. You're staying right here with me. I need you - someone I can trust - right here at my side. Let me tell you a little secret. I have no home. I have never. had. a home. Nor will I. All I have ever had are the people that I choose to trust. Companions. Friends. People like you. So is that it, Chandi? Do we - do I - mean so little to you that you would simply abandon us? Is that it? You need to decide. Are you really broken? Nothing more than a coward who deserts her friends who count on her, and goes crying back home to her mother? Or are you the Chandi I know and believe that I can trust at my back?"

Leaning in close to Chandi, Harmony whispers in her ear. ""MUSE is healing me because I broke once. Everyone... everything I knew in my past life betrayed me in some way shape or form. And yet, I am healing. And yet I still try to trust. Remind me why."

She walks away, back toward Athena.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:42 am 
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Athena nods at Awakener, "If they truly suffer, or pose as big of a threat as Tiranade thinks... then yes. We may need to destroy them; however there is much more information we need first." She turns towards Chandi, "You are mistaken in one thing... if Tiranade wanted you dead, you would not be here."

Her voice is lost as arguments break out and she frowns. She is about to fire back at Chandi when Harmony steps up and shows her choice as leader was a correct one. She takes advantage of the moment of silence, "Look. We are not fully unprepared here... you have three choices."

She holds up one finger, "Option one. Come with me; I can protect you if Tiranade has ill intentions, but in all honesty I don't think he does. I cleansed the mortals and Goddesses in that core... even the Goddesses souls were unharmed. He constructed that collapse to seal them up like Mortals... they have no idea what happened, and he didn't even use Memory manipulation to do it. Tiranade has the best information about what is going on out there, and quite frankly, that's why I'm here. I want to make sure his intentions are pure, and if they aren't I will stop him."

She holds up a second finger, "Option two. You go back to HQ and continue your training - I have the perfect alibi in place and you would be Destiny's Disciples - she gave me a message, that feather you saw, informing me of this. She does not approve of what I'm doing, but she is a good friend and I trust her. From there, with her aid, you can research the Unknown without the Elder Counsel ever knowing... she'd set you up on the right missions and be in communication with me at all times; at great risk to herself no less."

She holds up a third finger, "Option three? Well you strike out on your own. Tiranade knows his brother is still alive, he told me as much, and I know you've encountered him. You could seek his counsel on this - however be aware he still has a very... harsh... opinion of his brother. As for striking out entirely by yourselves? While its possible, you would likely be hunted by all sides in this conflict. And yes, I do believe that Tiranade will help you and let you go. He is not evil - he may have methods that are dark, but has he truly ever harmed a soul?"

She looks at herself and at Chandi, "You think me a coward. You think the fact I want my Soul Scars repaired means I no longer accept who I am. You couldn't be more wrong..." She sits down on the ground, "Chandi... all of you. I am dying. I've felt it for a while now... Viata has to stabilize my soul weekly now, and its getting worse. I am months, if that, away from Unraveling. And now that I know about the Unknown.... well I want it even less. Am I a coward for wanting a way to stay existing? To not become one of them? I've gone so far as to even have an extremely clear area of space locked onto so I can teleport and unravel without harming anyone. This is a second chance I never thought I would have... coming from one of my most trusted students. I will not pass it by."

A second feather appears and melts into her forehead, "We are running out of time. I need you all to stay together... your power comes from your team and your family here. Do not abandon them - choose as a team, choose a path as one. I promise you if you follow Tiranade and don't like it, you will be able to leave. If you go back to HQ, you will be safe. The only real danger is if you strike out alone or seek out Makosan. Destiny cannot hold the time lock much longer; I wish I had time to explain more - but you need to choose. Now."

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:41 am 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
"As I've said, my preference would be going with you and Tiranade, Athena. But I will go with the will of the majority."

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:03 am 
Alexis blinks in surprise as Athena points out a possibility that simply hadn't occurred to him before.

"I think we should seek out Makosan." he says. "Given what we now know about the Elders, I don't like the idea of going back; I think that's the worst choice. I don't much like Tiranade, either; even if he hasn't done anything he considers evil, he walks too close to the Light for comfort. The only benefit to that choice is that we don't need to hide our thoughts. Makosan, on the other hand... I like him, I think we could work with him. I think he's a lot more trustworthy than his brother. I'll stick with the group, but I think we should join Makosan at this point."

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG