Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:57 am 
Peter looks over his fellow opportunists. "Any of you a doctor?" he asks. "If none of you are doctors, I'll have to go find one in town..."

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:12 pm 
Cafka cocks her head to the side when Chip answers her question. "Meat, old sweat, sex, and horses." She murmurs, before nodding her head slowly. Cafka lowers back on her haunches and begins to walk towards the other members of the group, starting with the one that Adrian offered food too. She sidles up to the man in the white lab coat, and takes a deep whiff of his clothing, getting an idea of his scent. She makes a somewhat disgusted face, and backs away, before moving towards Chip. "Cafka...I just want to know scents. Know who Cafka working with." Before he can respond, Cafka grabs Chip's arm, and inhales deeply. She seems to nod in approval. "Thank you for telling...me, what I ask." She says, with a somewhat forced smile, before turning towards Peter. "Coat man smells like a doctor." Cafka approaches the most excitable of the small group, ready to log yet another scent into her memory.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:57 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FritzFrosch85
The thin young man leaning against the livery and walks over to the feral girl and the only moderately intelligent person here. At the sight of the caravan and its guards he stopped to take an angular black laser pistol and a shoulder rig out of his backpack and put the contraption on. In addition to the small backpack he is wearing a heavy belt and suspenders with pouches and canteens attached.

"I doubt the horse-men smell any better, though."

The teen pulls a worn cap out of his back pocket and puts it on. His over-engineered glasses polarized as soon as he exited the shadow of the building, and in the shade of his hat-brim they cast a dim orange glow on his face.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:29 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Slightly nonplussed, Chip turns towards the newcomer. "Good morning, Bob. I'm Chip." Gesturing towards the team he goes on "I don't want to hold you up, but what are their names? And do we have any supplies along for them, or are we grazing them?"

To himself he thinks "Once a farmer..."

Post Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:29 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
"Yes!" He stands up, almost startled. "Doctor! Here, I am! One right here!"

Clearing his throat, he continues, a bit calmer. "Err, sorry. Yes, most people call me Dock, in fact."

Post Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:00 pm 
AOL: FritzFrosch85
"I think the Locksmiths have a doctor here, or know one. They know where they're going."

The teen rolls his eyes at eyes at Dook's startled exclamation.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:24 am 
"Doctor Dock! Yes, yes, good!" Peter hurries to Dock, grabs his arm, and pulls him towards the injured men. He points at them and says, quite firmly, "Fix!"

Leaving the doctor to his work, Peter turns to give Bob a broad grin. "There, see? All sorted!"

When Cafka sniffs at him, Peter sniffs back - more in an attempt to be polite than in any attempt to remember her scent. He smells of human, with metallic undertones - probably mostly from the dust worked deep into his clothing - and, for some reason, hints of sugar. Then he grabs her hand and shakes it vigorously. "Hello! I'm Peter!"

Post Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:22 pm 
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
Bob looks visibly uncomfortable as Peter keeps trying to press a doctor on them, and finally nods with a relieved smile at the be-goggled teen. "Aye, that we do. No need ta worry - we've got it unner control." He then turns to Chip, and shrugs, "I always jus' call 'em Bessie. Grazin's good in the Crater region, so we haven't got anythin' for 'em. Anythin' else afore ya head out?"

He barely waits for a reply before he starts heading back to the Locksmiths. Despite his friendly facade, to all but the most unobservant members of the caravan, it's clear that something's taken a toll on him and he wants nothing more than to get inside to where he can relax.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:34 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Chip tells Bob: "No, thanks. Rest easy." As Bob goes, Chip turns to the rest of the group. "Have any of you ever led a team of oxen before?"

Post Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:51 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"I'll give it a go," Adrian hops up in the driver's seat on the wagon. "Come on, let's get this show on the road."

Post Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:28 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Chip looks at this for a second, then says "Adrian? That's fine for horses, but most oxen obey a fellow they can see a lot better than they obey a rein. Tell you what; let's take a couple of minutes to get them watered and offer them some salt, and I'll show you how it's done." Stowing his tools in the wagon, Chip goes to find a bucket or two (and some salt) to tend to the animals.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:33 am 
"Bye!" Peter waves as Bob leaves.

"I saw a guy lead a team of oxen once." he adds. "Let's see... he hit them with a stick, then he swore a lot, then he died. Then the oxen died. I'm pretty sure that's not how you're supposed to do it. Do you think oxen like cakes?"

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:11 am 
Cafka's grip on Peter's hand is tight, and her nails dig into his wrist. "Cafka." She says bluntly, before backing away, and returning to Adrian's side, a little wary of the over-excited man. When Adrian takes the reigns of the wagon, Cafka hops up next to him, and smiles wide, showing off her missing teeth. "Coin...Adrian, this mean what I think it means? We going?" She turns ahead, and stares at the oxen. "This, does this mean Cafka start herding?" She turns over to Chip, and the others, and begins waving them up. "No, no, no need to get salt and water. Get on the wagon. I'm going to herd!" She turns back to Adrian. "I am going to herd, right? I haven't herded since I left my pack back home, and I never got to lead one before! Please Adrian? Please? Please?" It takes a few moments of pulling back the thick mat of hair, but once her face is visible, Cafka attempts to give the older merchant puppy-dog eyes learned from actual dogs. A trick that he had had her use multiple times on unwitting passers by, who quickly became customers for the "cute and feral kid."

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:07 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Chip glances over at Peter, and says "They'll eat cake happily enough, but some of them they shouldn't. Corn will get them sick, and only a calf should get much milk."

Cafka's outburst leads to raised eyebrows. "Have you ever...herded oxen before?"

Post Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:15 am 
Cafka's ears perk up slightly at Chip's questioning. She turns around only for a moment to respond. "Not oxen, no, but big dumb prey animals all think the same. It's easy enough." She then returns to the woeful puppy dog eyes she was giving Adrian, still eagerly awaiting some kind of response.

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG