Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 4:56 am 
"So, what would be the best way for a fellow to earn a few credits in this part of town?"

Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2016 2:44 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Dran sits at the counter and orders a drink. While sitting there, he tries to get a general sense of the bar patrons. He reaches out with the Force, probing around warily to see if he can feel anything interesting.

Force (Or Alertness and/or Empathy) roll to use Force Sense to get a feel for the patrons of the bar and see if anything or anyone stands out.

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:50 am 
"Well,"says Darmek, "if you're looking to make an honest living, the tibana gas mines are always looking for more hands. Otherwise, it's finding a way to make a living off the miners when they come into town."

Use Force: +4. Roll: -1. Total: +3. Goal= +3. Success.

Dran reaches out with the Force, searching the feelings of the fellow bar patrons to get a better feel for them. Most don't really have any strong feelings one way or the other. It's just another tuesday for them. He does, however, get a sting of anxiety from upstairs.

Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 3:45 pm 
"Well," muses Crystal, "I'm not looking to move in permanently, so mining is out, and I don't like taking advantage of anyone who doesn't thoroughly deserve it."

Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 4:44 pm 
"Hmm. You might want to go after some of the pirates then. Do us all a favor if you did. Nasty bunch. Not fond of taking prisoners, unless it's for slaves."

Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 8:40 pm 
"Ah, now that could be right up my alley!" Crystal places another couple of credits on the counter and nudges his cup. "I'll have another of the same, please, and why don't you tell me all about these pirates?"

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:15 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
While Crystal is pursuing the Pirate lead, Dran kicks back the rest of his drink and moves to pursue the source of anxiety to see what all that is about. He puts his hands in his pockets and observes the scene to see if he can't make a quick and subtle break from the room to where he needs to be. Manage to avoid drawing attention and all that.

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2016 3:38 am 
Dran can easily make his way upstairs via the staircase in the back of the saloon, where a number of females of various species are loitering about renting companionship to those who desire it.

Darmek slides the credits off the bartop, and refills Crystal's cup a little fuller than last time, obviously happy to have found someone to have a good conversation with.

"Well, I don't actually know much about them, not things like numbers and armaments. You'd be better off talking to the Sheriff about things like that. But I can tell you that if you want to go after them, you're going to need a pretty big advantage. They are well armed and equipped. The rumor is that after they steal a cargo of tibana gas, they sell it to the local Moff for a fraction of what it would normally cost, then they sell any prisoners they took at the slave auctions on Zygerria. The Empire turns a blind eye because they get their blaster gas for cheap, and it keeps the independent mining operations from growing large enough to compete with the Empire's operations. Like I said, nasty."

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:03 am 
Crystal considers the problem. "Just shooting them up wouldn't work, not in the long term," he admits. "Even if they're all killed, there's nothing to stop a new crew moving in, after. Do you know if there's only one set of pirates, or multiple competing pirate crews?"

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:32 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Dran gazes around, trying to further pinpoint the source. His gaze roams from lady to lady, admiring the goods if there are any goods to admire, as a means of concealing his main intentions for being there. Besides, it's been a fair while since he's had a good look at a lady. It's not like Dran is a Jedi bound by celibacy or anything.

Force roll to narrow the search. Empathy or Awareness to try and make sense of what Dran is feeling, if there's anything complex about it.

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2016 2:55 am 
Darmek rubs his chin in thought.

"Well, there's only the one gang, but a couple of the lieutenants aren't too friendly if the rumours are to be believed. If you did manage to take the whole gang out, between us townsfolk and the miners, we should be able to keep any further riff-raff out. The only reason they got to be such a problem in the first place was because they started out as a Confederate unit from back in the Clone Wars and went pirate after they lost."

The Ladies are all fairly good looking, but right now they seem more interested in gossiping amongst themselves then actively drawing business. Dran's attentions go unnoticed.

Use Force: +4. Roll: 0. Total: +4. Goal= +3. Success.

He is however further able to narrow down the direction of the anxiety he is sensing to the front-upstairs of the building.

Empathy: +1. Roll:-2. Total: -1. Goal= +2. Failure.

While there is more to what he is sensing than anxiety, the emotional mix is too complex to make heads or tails of.

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2016 4:03 am 
"Ah, so they're old military boys, are they?" Crystal takes a sip of his drink. Sounds like I REALLY don't want to go into this one guns blazing. I could try to work on widening the rift between those lieutenants; or I could just eliminate the leader and let the lieutenants fight out who will be the next leader; or I could try to get the local Imperial garrison to actually pay attention to them. And, of course, it's not enough to just get rid of them, I've got to turn a profit at the same time. Hmmmm.... decisions, decisions...

"What are these rumours about the lieutenants?"

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:26 am 
"Differences of opinion, backgrounds, and so forth. One is Old Guard, Laric by name. He's been there right from the start, even before the Clone Wars began. Military man through and through. He's the one who decided to start selling cargos to the empire. The other is Zarif. He's relatively new, but he's been a pirate most of his life. He joined up a few years ago when their operation started expanding. It was his idea to start selling prisoners into slavery. Frankly they hate each others guts. The only reason they haven't killed each other yet is because Captain Roaric would gut them slowly and hang them by their own entrails if they did."

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:22 am 
Hmmmm. Eliminate the Captain and the pirates go down in-fighting. Or impersonate the Captain, tell each lieutenant in private that I suspect the other of plotting against me, and watch the entire organisation melt down? Both might work out, but I'm not seeing the profit motive in all this... or perhaps... hmmm...

Crystal looks into the distance, thinking. "Iiiiiiiinteresting... I don't suppose you have pictures of the gentlemen in question, do you? I'm more of a visual thinker, it's easier to keep people straight in my head when I know what they look like..."

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:19 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
One last wistful look at the ladies and Dran is off. He walks towards his destination, keeping an eye out for the source that might be causing the anxiety.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG