Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:13 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady sketches the sign of the cross. "They died quickly, at least. Now please be going to get Adus before he falls in the moat."

After a couple of seconds, he turns back to look over the wall. He then glances towards Vanire: "I do not know the local customs, so excuse me if this sounds bad. Do people around here eat horse meat?"

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:05 am 
Sir Ulath grumbles and heads back towards the gatehouse.

"Generally only in emergencies, but that's mainly because horses are a good deal more valuable alive," says Vanire. "You can sell a good horse for a fair amount more than it's weight in meat. Mind you, people are going to be a bit worried about eating something that's been killed by magic. Would your magic cause trouble for anyone eating the horsemeat, by the way?"

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:41 am 
Nate grins.

"It's no more magic then a crossbow, Preceptor. The meat will be fine to eat provided we get to it before it spoils. We can help with that too."

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:15 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady nods. "Once the dead men are dealt with, anyone who can butcher and a few barrels of salt will be all you need. Remove the chunks of wood as if they were arrows and the rest is the same. Meat, hides, hooves, bones, whatever you can use. The rest should be burned or buried then, or this castle will be hip deep in flies."

He looks back out, and after a second he adds: "At least there is no shortage of wood right now."

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:34 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix shrugs.

"The explosives shouldn't be a concern, but take care to avoid contact with human blood and feces," Felix suggests. "Those are serious vectors for disease, not something you'd want to get in your food."

Post Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:18 pm 
"I know how to preserve horsemeat taken from a battlefield, thank you," says Vanire, half-smiling. "We'll burn the mercenaries and let the Count decide what to do about the horses. Knowing him, he'll probably donate them to any peasants industrious enough to handle the preserving themselves."

Down on the ground, Adus seems to be shaking off the effects of the flashbang. With the forest demolished, the Knights closing in rapidly, and the castle moat at his back, there's not really anywhere he can run to... so he backs up to the moat and draws his sword.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:25 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix reloads another flashbang into his grenade launcher attachment and, time allowing, fires it at Adus. After that he'll switch to a shotgun with beanbag rounds and hit his arms and legs.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:57 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady sighs. "Forgive me, my grandmother isn't here to be taught how to suck an egg, so I got carried away. Still, there's enough out there to keep everyone for miles around in soup meat for a year." He looks over the wall: "Once he's dealt with."

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:38 pm 
"And he'll be dealt with much easier if he doesn't have that big knife of his."

Nate takes aim at Adus' sword and fires off a shot, hoping the impact will cause the blade to shear and shatter.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:06 am 
Nate: Guns: +5 Roll: +2 Total: +7
Adus: Weapons: +4 Roll: -1 Total: +3
Disarmed!

Nathan's shot hits Adus' blade. Somehow, the blade doesn't shatter; but the shock causes Adus to drop his sword instead. And, before he can pick it up, an armoured foot steps on the blade. Sir Parasim steps forward, pointing his blade -

- twelve swords, raised in salute, in a circle -

- at Adus' throat.

"Surrender," he says, "or I'll cut you down where you stand."

Arkady recognises Sir Parasim's sword. It's one of the twelve that was used in the spell to sustain the Queen's life.

Sir Parasim: Intimidate: +0 Sword At Your Throat: +2 Roll: +2 ????: -2 Total: +2
Adus: Resolve: +0 Roll: +2 Total: +2

Adus glares at the army of Pandions in front of him, and blurs into sudden motion.

Adus: Fists: +3 Roll: +1 Total: +4
Sir Parasim: Weapons: +4 Roll: -1 ????: -2 Total: +1

He grabs Sir Parasim's wrist, moving his sword aside and twisting, forcing the Knight to drop his own sword...

Felix: Guns: +2 Visor: +4 Roll: +0 Total: +6
Adus: Fists: +3 Roll: -3 Total: +0

Felix' round hits Adus on the back of the knee, knocking his leg momentarily out from under him. The other Pandions take full advantage of this momentary collapse, moving directly to the attack....

--------------

In the end, it takes the full efforts of a dozen Pandions to capture Adus. He's alive, though his nose has been broken (apparently not for the first time) and he has two black eyes by the time he's subdued. He gave a whole lot better than he got; Sir Parasim's wrist is broken, and several of the other Pandions have minor cuts and bruises as well.

All in all, Vanire considers this an extremely successful battle. The enemy was defeated as thoroughly as it was possible to be defeated, Adus has been captured, and there have been zero allied casualties.

He extends an invitation to the Terrans - would they like to be present while Adus is interrogated?

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:20 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix doesn't mind being present, but doubts he could add anything. He'll probably stand by and watch. Would make it easier to collect information if someone from the Terran party is there to hear it first hand, rather than have it relayed to them after the fact.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:41 am 
Nate is busy cleaning his rifle when Sir Vanire offers his invitation to observe Adus' interrogation.

"I think I might do more than observe, if that's all right with you Sir Vanire. Adus doesn't strike me as the sort to cave under pressure. Not in any convienient timeframe anyway. I have a fair amount of experience in gaining information from reluctant and stubborn subjects, and I might be able to speed things along, and keep Adus from getting any uglier in the process. Interogation can be such a messy business when done the old fashioned way."

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:29 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady shakes his head. "Duty calls. There's a rite for the dying and dead I should perform for them." he says, waving towards the road.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:35 am 
"Just so that I know what to expect in there," says Vanire to Nate, "might I ask how you intend to help?"

He nods at Arkady. "My Knights will be piling up the bodies to be burnt," he says. "I hope this won't conflict with your rite?"

Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:33 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady shakes his head. "Normally, yes; but there is a much shorter version for a battlefield I can perform." After a second he adds: "This will be the first time I will use it. They...say travel broadens you. It is my turn to be broadened. Please excuse me." He heads off the wall to get some supplies from the truck, then heads outside for some very foreshortened last rites.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG