Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:00 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady nods. "Thank you for the advice, as well. Piper? Are you done?"

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:49 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
While he waits, Felix turns to Sir Ulath.

"Any thoughts on whether or not Vanire would do us a huge favor and help us acquire a large shipment of food to take back to the ship when we leave?" Felix asks. "It would really help us out a lot. I normally wouldn't ask, but our situation is still somewhat desperate."

Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:12 am 
Piper nods.

"Probably," says Sir Ulath. "Military rations."

--------------

The group has hardly stepped ten feet out of the teahouse (after saying their farewells to the Earl of Lenda) when a young pickpocket turns up. He looks the group up and down.

"Hey, guv. So I understand you're looking for a guide to certain Rendorish markets?"

Last edited by CCC on Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:22 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Yup," Felix replies. "We'll be leaving town after we make a couple of stops if that's alright with you?"

Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:41 pm 
"I'm all packed, guv. By the by, I told Harga you'd be along to pay for the lunch later. Do I need to steal a horse before we go?"

Last edited by CCC on Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:49 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Nah, you can ride in the wagon for now," Felix says. "We'll decide on what to do about horses before heading to Rendor since I don't think they'll like our wagons too much."

With that said, Felix would like to finish things up with a quick trip to the Rendor imports to get a vague idea about what to expect and a discussion with Vanire about shipments of food and whether or not he can spare two or three horses and a carriage for the trip to the desert country.

Last edited by Kajin on Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:08 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady looks at their guide, and then says to Felix in English: "Felix, perhaps you should convince him how dangerous it can be if he steals from us on the trip. I would hate to have to be destroying his guild because this one thought the pin was the important part of a grenade."

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:38 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"We'll have to make sure nothing we have has easily pullable parts like that in case he doesn't take our warnings seriously," Felix replies in English. "I was going to make sure nothing we brought with us could be so easily discovered anyway."

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:21 pm 
After a brief visit to the local market, Felix thinks he has a good idea of what goes into Rendorish design - he even purchases a few small pieces that look like they have space to conceal something inside. (If the group wants, they can also take the opportunity to purchase some Rendorish clothing at this point).

In future uses of his Universal Device stunt, Felix may spend one improvement on 'Rendorish Aesthetic', which gives him a device which doesn't exactly look out of place in Rendor - at least not until it is switched on.

--------------

And then it's on to the Pandion Chapterhouse to talk with Vanire again. There's the normal entrance ceremony at the gates - but apparently Vanire left instructions that they were to be let in, and they soon find themselves at his office, where he's just talking to a tall, thin man in a brown robe.

"Ah, gentlemen," he says. "This is Patriarch Dolmant, a Patriarch of the Church and an old friend of mine. Dolmant, these are the gentlemen I was just telling you about."

"Ah, the ones you hope will help to save the Queen?" Dolmant stands up and bows slightly. "I wish you every success in your quest, gentlemen. The current situation in Cimmura has certainly got me worried. I understand that you are not of my church, but would you like my blessing upon your quest?"

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:47 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Aside from purchasing a few Rendorish undergarments and such like, Arkady is going to make sure they get pictures of all of it.

In the chapter house...Arkady returns the slight bow, and replies: "If you want to give them to us, we will take any sincere well wishes or blessings we can get."

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:13 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Well met, Patriarch Dolmant," Felix says. "I'd gladly welcome any blessings you kindly offer, and I look forward to working with you in the future."

Turning to Vanire, Felix continues.

"If I might humbly make a request, would you be willing to aid us in two matters? First, we'll be leaving for Rendor in the next few days after we've made some preparations to our gear and I'd like to request suitable transportation that won't... offend... the locals. From what I've heard, they likely won't take too kindly if we show up in magically drawn horseless carriages."

Felix clears his throat.

"Secondly, I'd be overjoyed if you could provide some dietary assistance for my people back at our living area. It's one area we're struggling in at the moment and the more food I can arrange to have sent to them the more assistance they'll be able to provide in our efforts to save the Queen. I understand if you can't but it worries me greatly that I'm not there right now helping get things in order. Knowing they're being taken care of would give me peace of mind."

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:42 am 
Patriarch Dolmant places his hands on anyone who asks for his blessing, and says a brief prayer, asking the Elene god to look after them and help them find success. Sir Ulath, young Berit, and Talen are all quite happy to accept his blessing (Talen even gives Dolmant his ring back, which comes as quite a surprise to Dolmant who could have sworn he was wearing it a minute ago).

When he gets to Piper, though, she shakes her head firmly - and then cheekily holds out her hands as if to offer Dolmant a blessing, raising an interrogative eyebrow as she does so.

Dolmant looks at her for a moment, then asks "Are you offering me your blessing?"

Piper nods, grinning.

Dolmant considers the situation. "I'm not sure I should," he says, after due consideration, "but very well. I will accept your blessing."

Piper's blessing turns out to consist of a kiss on each cheek, a pat on the head, and a brief snatch of music.

--------------

While Piper and Dolmant are talking in the background, Vanire nods in response to Felix's requests. "You're right," he says, "turning up in Rendor in a horseless carriage is an easy way to be killed quickly. However, Rendor lies across the Arcian Strait, and that's weeks away by horseback. I'd recommend taking your vehicles as far as Coomb, and then taking a ship there across the Strait to Jiroch - I can give you a letter of introduction, along with enough to pay an honest Captain for the journey. Once you're in Jiroch, you would do well to speak with a cattle-herder named Mirrelek - he's really an undercover Pandion Knight, Sir Perraine, there to keep an eye on the Eshandist movement, and will be glad to help your quest once he learns what it is. He'll have up-to-date, local information, at the very least."

"As to food - we can certainly send some along. Feeding the hungry is one of the charitable works of the Church, after all, is it not Dolmant?"

Dolmant nods. "It is indeed," he says.

"And as a charitable work of the Church, we can certainly indulge in it at any time we so please. I hope your people will appreciate military rations - they're not tasty, but they keep well. Will there be anything else?"

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:50 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix beams widely.

"Thanks, that's one concern off my shoulders," he says as he exchanges grips with Vanire and Dolmant if they're so inclined. "I'm done here. I'll go see that the vehicles are ready to go if anyone else needs to do anything before we leave."

With that, he heads to the trucks to perform some maintenance checks while everyone else does what they want to do.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:15 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady watches Piper bless Dolmant with a certain clinical interest, then turns his attention to the discussion of food. "Military rations can cover a lot of things, but in my experience they all taste better than hunger. Thanks. And you might also be wanting to send someone with us to our ship; they can help us learn how things are done here, and of course as honored guests they could keep an eye on us for you. Just so long as they don't like to play with tools they don't understand, of course; that might be causing problems."

Post Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:11 am 
"Is Sir Bevier not still there?" asks Vanire. "The Cyrinics are not quite the same as the Pandions, but we work well together and I, for one, will take great interest in his report once he returns."

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG