Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:13 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Now that I think about it, Roger is from Hong Kong right? So he's probably the first person that's woken up that doesn't look Styric. That's bound to be something.

Also, I've got a base +9 bonus to all gun rolls if I have my Visor and Theresa is with me... Holy crap that's awesome.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:03 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
The truck alternator should keep it easily powered until we get to the port. After that Roger will have to stow the tablet away or else risk us getting attacked by magic fearing locals in Rendor.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:39 am 
Kajin wrote:
Also, are we bringing Piper or are Styrics unwelcome because of their magic?

I don't think anyone's said whether or not you're bringing Piper. Nor, for that matter, whether or not she'll listen if you tell her not to mysteriously turn up ten minutes into the journey.

(In general, Zalasbra will tell you that Styrics are not popular there and tend to get looked at askance, but as long as they don't do anything which could be construed as overtly magical where anyone can see them their presence is grudgingly tolerated).

Kajin wrote:
I'm assuming Theresa is there, at least. Though since she's my Sidekick she'll likely be coming with as opposed to seeing us off.

Theresa is there and coming with you.

Weremensh wrote:
Well, there's our new professional student who might come along to offer last minute advice (or better yet, a sample of the poison that he just remembered that he had stashed in his sack somewhere).

Zalasbra will tell you that he is an old man and no longer suited for such energetic pursuits. He also does not carry Darestim around with him.

Kajin wrote:
Now that I think about it, Roger is from Hong Kong right? So he's probably the first person that's woken up that doesn't look Styric. That's bound to be something.

Also, I've got a base +9 bonus to all gun rolls if I have my Visor and Theresa is with me... Holy crap that's awesome.

If bullets can solve a problem, it's no longer a problem.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:59 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Hmm... are we doing Weapon and Armor shifts now or are we still not doing that? I'll take the armor if it'll actually be a benefit, but if it isn't going to keep Felix from taking damage it'd be better to just sell it for some quick coin.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:46 pm 
It's welded ring titanium chainmail. It's the closest thing I could think of to mithril, and I very much doubt that anyone in this town has enough cash on hand to afford it.

Mostly I intended it as window dressing and an explanation for what Nate has been up to the last few days, but if we are using shifts, I'm all for it.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:43 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Light chainmail would probably provide Armor: 1. Armor: 2 if it has strike plates in vital areas or is maybe being worn with leather armor underneath. Not much, seeing as daggers and small holdout pistols would be Weapon: 1, Broadswords and large caliber handguns being Weapon: 2 and Claymores/Battleaxes and Rifles/Shotguns would be Weapon: 3.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:26 am 
Kajin wrote:
Hmm... are we doing Weapon and Armor shifts now or are we still not doing that? I'll take the armor if it'll actually be a benefit, but if it isn't going to keep Felix from taking damage it'd be better to just sell it for some quick coin.

Sir Ulath is already carrying around sufficient coin for the mission. Selling off the armour isn't actually going to be a mechanical benefit. We're not currently using weapons or armour shifts, which I get the impression is probably to your advantage, but you can still get a variety of mechanical benefits out of the titanium armour with care. (Remember - everything has Aspects).

Post Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:26 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Is it possible for us to have brought a camouflage tarp? Something to throw over the vehicles, tie down, and cover in sticks and leaves until they just look like unsuspicious mounds in the distance?

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:48 am 
Yes, it is most certainly possible.

Bearing in mind, of course, that anyone who lives in and knows the area might just notice the suspiciously sudden appearance of said unsuspicious mounds.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:08 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Can I say I have a screenshot picture of Zalasbra from when we were doing the video conference thing with the blood bees? Stored on a small tablet?

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:17 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady rather suspected who the lady was from the name, but confirmation is nice.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:03 am 
Kajin wrote:
Can I say I have a screenshot picture of Zalasbra from when we were doing the video conference thing with the blood bees? Stored on a small tablet?

Certainly.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:58 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Oh, right. Arkady would be wearing his mithril armor under his local attire. He'd also be wondering if he should have brought along a helmet, just in case...

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:33 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
We already have a plan for passage. We're taking a ship. That was the whole reason we came to this town. I'm not sure if there's anything beyond that that needs planning until we get there and see how things are for ourselves?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:38 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady knows that, he was just wondering if the kid has any advice about how or from who they should book passage.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG