Admin of Slight Inconvenience
When the inky blackness envelopes all
Thursday will be set for the foretold fall
The distracted prey will never hear the silent call
From hidden depths the creatures will crawl
Millennia they have been waiting for the Great Thrall
But today is not the day for that cleansing squall

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
Wed=[#134 -1 *1033]
Thu=[#134 -0 *1059]

NCoID™148

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:12 am 
Well, guilt x 2 for Torg then.

MISSED YOU, CHAZ! STAY CHATTY FOR A WHILE!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:23 am 
Well, now we know. Chaz is not a fan of mustard.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:23 am 
balthazar wrote:
Well, now we know. Chaz is not a fan of mustard.

Oh the other hand, we know he cut the mustard.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:40 am 
Oasis isn't even responsible for the murders where she killed bad guys for their money? Hmm...

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:51 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Torg isn't innocent--and I figured he wouldn't be--but Oasis is. What is considered innocent by Chaz's perception then?

Oasis has killed people that were not related to Hereti-Corp. She killed some robbers just because she was bored. They were bad people, but did they deserve death for what they did? Then there was Mr. Needles who was a much worse person and deserved to die, but she said she was going around and killing murderous sociopaths and taking their money.

She knows damn well what she is doing. It's not like she was being controlled into do that. She decided to track these people down and kill them. Just because they are bad, doesn't mean you would be innocent for killing them.

Or is it because she is a "special case" when it comes to the Fate-Web?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:53 am 
AOL: Eagle299
Kea wrote:
Oasis isn't even responsible for the murders where she killed bad guys for their money? Hmm...

Best I can come up with there is that the whole urge to kill only exists because of Dr. Steve's programming. She would not do even that if not for the extensive brain washing. But since it exists, and even years later she can't contain it, she's just aiming it at bad guys.

Even then, not sure I entirely agree with the whole, 'she's innocent' assessment by Chaz. She does willingly seek those guys out, knowing full well her programming will kick in and cause death.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:55 am 
Okay waiiiit a sec.

Chaz has deliberatly given Torg the silent treatment?

And also could do so over a much longer time?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:00 am 
Marcus wrote:
Okay waiiiit a sec.

I think that's the explanation for why he didn't immediately speak up when Torg tested Oasis's blood on him. He may not have the ability to speak without innocent blood, but he does have the ability to not speak when he does have innocent blood.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:11 am 
Kea wrote:

Self-redirected Spec spec spec spec viewtopic.php?f=5&t=93714&p=580045#p580045

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:01 am 
Chaz is back! I knew he had to be here for some reason more than the potential need if Oasis went crazy...

Zillatain wrote:
Torg isn't innocent--and I figured he wouldn't be--but Oasis is. What is considered innocent by Chaz's perception then?

I am intrigued by what Chaz' s definition of innocence might be...Torg isn't, but Oasis is...hmm...

I think the word innocent is meaning-wise- part of my mental Venn diagram surrounding the nebulous and non-specific word "good." Because of that, my subconscious associates Torg, by virtue of being one of the "good" guys, with the word, though he himself has realized that he has been walking down a darker path, and doesn't even jokingly protest Chaz's offhand remark.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:03 am 
^^^ I dare you guys above me to dive into the pages-long SRC threads arguing over Chaz's "innocence" rules.
Prepare ahead of time with lots of aspirin!! :D

Eagle299 wrote:
Kea wrote:

Best I can come up with there is that the whole urge to kill only exists because of Dr. Steve's programming. She would not do even that if not for the extensive brain washing. But since it exists, and even years later she can't contain it, she's just aiming it at bad guys.

Even then, not sure I entirely agree with the whole, 'she's innocent' assessment by Chaz. She does willingly seek those guys out, knowing full well her programming will kick in and cause death.

You could say she merely went from being controlled by Dr. Steve to being controlled by the Zalias. Although the latter is obviously unintentional. After all these years of trying to 'know thyself', her command-line is still being operated externally...so to speak

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:43 am 
CHAZ!!! IT'S BEEN SO LONG SINCE YOU SPOKE! Of my gosh, it's been FIVE YEARS! It is amazing how some things in this comic are so familiar, but when you look back it was years and years since you saw them. Like Oasis or Chaz or vampires. And when was the last time we saw Gwynn?

I think Oasis is innocent because she doesn't have the desire to do evil. She doesn't have the desire to hurt for the sake of hurting, to cause pain for the sake of causing pain. To fight - which certainly causes hurt and pain - in itself is not evil, if you do it in order to accomplish a good goal, and you believe the people you fight must be fought. Even if you are WRONG in any particular instance, you are not evil, you are just wrong about what is the best thing to do. But to take pleasure in the pain you cause, and even to cause it just for the sake of the pleasure it gives you, that is evil. And of course, even those who do fight because they believe it is good can mix evil into it, taking pleasure in causing unnecessary pain. But as we see, Oasis has never done so. She thoroughly believes that the world is improved by fighting the people she has fought, when she has done so willingly and without the conditioning.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:37 am 
shoelessinsight wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Okay waiiiit a sec.

I think that's the explanation for why he didn't immediately speak up when Torg tested Oasis's blood on him. He may not have the ability to speak without innocent blood, but he does have the ability to not speak when he does have innocent blood.

Except Chaz also changes colour and glows when powered up. Torg knows this. And it appeared did not. Until just now.

Chaz aint telling the whole story here abut when it chooses to speak.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:24 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
Yeah, it seems that Chaz can also suppress its glow when it chooses to be silent.

This is also the most solid evidence so far that Chaz can be activated by blood from a person who is still alive.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions