Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:08 pm 
I'm just picturing Kusari's perspective as those two converse. Must be some odd thoughts going through her head.

Also... this is pretty dark. I can see some bad accidental stuff happening with Chaz.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:36 pm 
Zillatain wrote:
Torg can be ditzy at times but I don't think he was that stupid to fist-bump the sharp edge, but the flat instead. That "OW" is more from smacking his fist into a chunk of steel. In the second panel you can see some lines and a star radiating from his fist which tends to denote pain, and also there's no mark on his hand of being cut in any panel.

FWIW, the transcriber thought he cut himself. No idea if the transcriber checked with Pete at the time though...
http://sluggy.info/search/?s=fist+bump

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:42 pm 
wade419 wrote:
But I think Torg is also acting on new information about Kusari's innocence. He has already had this argument with himself about Oasis, and has decided her to be...so to speak...redeemable. I think he doesn't want to kill her, just as much as he's scared to fight her.

Not in mid war he won't.

I'd hope, for his sake.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:55 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
Zillatain wrote:
Torg can be ditzy at times but I don't think he was that stupid to fist-bump the sharp edge, but the flat instead. That "OW" is more from smacking his fist into a chunk of steel. In the second panel you can see some lines and a star radiating from his fist which tends to denote pain, and also there's no mark on his hand of being cut in any panel.

FWIW, the transcriber thought he cut himself. No idea if the transcriber checked with Pete at the time though...

I always thought he cut himself too.

Also, do mollusks have blood?

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:32 pm 
Thecommander369 wrote:
I don't get Torg's plan here. Yeah, I get it, Kusari is deadly as hell, but she isn't as deadly as Oasis. Yes she took down a bunch of vampires, but Kusari used silver for that. Torg's isn't that half bad of a fighter and he has the advantage here with a powered up sword and the digbots tripping her up. I get it's in character for him to run, but he has an injured leg and Kusari can run fast and probably manuever more quickly through the woods. He's tossing all his strengths here. She can track him easily so he can't evade or hide. At the very least, he should have been carrying the Kiki bot to retrieve Bun-Bun like last time Kusari reared her head. That would be better than running. Guess he was relying too heavily on Oasis to protect him.

I think in Torg's mind, Kusari is just as deadly as Oasis. He has only seen her in extended combat once, against Oasis. While it wasn't a fair fight, he probably thinks that even with Kusari momentarily down, she has a good chance of killing him if he gets in range. Maybe he's hoping to get a lift from Riff, or that Kusari will choose to monitor Chen rather than go after him if he gets far enough away. It's risky either way.

Or maybe he's just following his gut and it will prove to be a mistake.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:28 pm 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
Zillatain wrote:
At least now we definitely know that any cut from Chaz once powered will kill any human. A god or demon may take more than a nick.

There is another possible interpretation. Previously it has been ethereal beings like the Demon King or Whisper that could be killed with just a nick. As long as we don't know how Kusari's immortality works, it's conceivable that there might be some kind of spiritual element that is vulnerable to a powered Chaz. Thus it's still possible that it would take a severe wound to kill an ordinary human.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:45 pm 
More importantly,

Is Kusari ticklish? Never has a man or bot been so close as to figure this one out!

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:52 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
Zillatain wrote:

You mean I'm not infallible???? ARRRRGH!

Seriously, I did. I didn't. Fixed.

While I agree with Zill that Torg would not be ditzy enough to fist bump the sharp edge, it seems unlikely that he would hurt himself simply fist bumping a hard surface (he wasn't slugging it). I assumed that he was nicked. Assumed. I do not typically bother the master with questions (and when I do, it's through the forums), so I have no Pete wisdom on the subject.

That said, the exposition from Chaz in both comics suggests that Torg would die from a nick. My guess at the time - and still my guess - is a nick like a paper cut that doesn't reach blood, but still hurts like hell. "Cut" would still be improper for me to use, and given the ambiguity, I have changed it to "hurt".

Thanks! If you notice anything else 'wrong' in the transcripts, feel free to PM me. I think the 'flag' function was put in when it was still a group effort. Once I lock the transcript, there is no way for me to tell what's been flagged. Perhaps we need a "transcript typo" thread - although, hopefully there aren't THAT many of those! LOL - that's probably what Pete said when he started his.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:53 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
More importantly,

Is Kusari ticklish? Never has a man or bot been so close as to figure this one out!

This. This is the burning question that needs to be answered.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:54 pm 
So innocent blood from a small cut can power up Chaz without harming the innocent cut-ee.

How long until Torg finds a way to use THAT knowledge?

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:00 pm 
wade419 wrote:
I started by thinking the same thing, that now was Torg's only good chance and he's blowing it by running away. Chaz sure seemed to think so, too.

But I think Torg is also acting on new information about Kusari's innocence. He has already had this argument with himself about Oasis, and has decided her to be...so to speak...redeemable. I think he doesn't want to kill her, just as much as he's scared to fight her.

Here's hoping Kusari sees Torg's decision to spare her, and has the agency and ability to act on it.

True, but, that's a mistake in my opinion. He doesn't know it, but Kusari has no freewill like when we saw her turn against Schlock when he accidentally made Chen CEO. Kusari won't be grateful for the mercy Torg gave her. And that's if her first assumption isn't "he's a coward".

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:40 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
garyfritz wrote:
So innocent blood from a small cut can power up Chaz without harming the innocent cut-ee.

I don't think I'll consider that proven until I've seen Chaz powered up by a normal, non-resurrectable human who remains alive.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:00 pm 
Thecommander369 wrote:
wade419 wrote:
I started by thinking the same thing, that now was Torg's only good chance and he's blowing it by running away. Chaz sure seemed to think so, too.

Here's hoping Kusari sees Torg's decision to spare her, and has the agency and ability to act on it.

True, but, that's a mistake in my opinion. He doesn't know it, but Kusari has no freewill like when we saw her turn against Schlock when he accidentally made Chen CEO. Kusari won't be grateful for the mercy Torg gave her. And that's if her first assumption isn't "he's a coward".

What's funny is that she seems to have some free will -- but it can be overridden.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions