Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post subject: Strip for March 15, 2017
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:15 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Would you look a the time? It's fifteen past Wednesday o'clock!

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
Tue=[#130 -4 *564]
Wed=[#130 -0 *598]

NCoID™163

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:49 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
Of course we get a cliffhanger on fri... wait.

Also: bad Torg, making Oasis cry. Granted Torg knows nothing about her. And she would probably gladly volunteer for what Torg has. But really Oasis, you have only yourself to blame if you believed THAT music vid.
And the dig bots are probably going to end up dying which is also kinda sad.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:21 am 
endplanets wrote:
... But really Oasis, you have only yourself to blame if you believed THAT music vid ...

I must point out that Oasis was ordered to love Torg; she had no choice in the matter. She is aware of that on some level but saying that Oasis only has herself to blame for believing that video is more or less "blaming the victim".

If you think about it, Torg's actions, given the fact that Oasis is right in saying that he only wants to use her, can only be described as reprehensible. He is using the fact that she was ordered to love him and the fact that she was programmed with "Override B-1" for the sole purpose of destroying Hereti-corp. In other words, he is treating her like a tool, a fact made worse that Torg at some level still regards Oasis as "innocent". This is Torg at his worst, where he is showing his nastier side and where the more heroic side of his nature is conspicuously absent.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:33 am 
This is reminding me of the falling dreams. . ..

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:54 am 
I could think of a lengthy comment, an appreciation of the current events, but instead I choose to go with this:

Torg, you're a jackass.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:17 am 
Ah great. Someone call in the Oasis backup crew!

sound of truck reversing "what happened this time?"

Fell off a cliff. Again.

"And the same cliff, too! We're just replayin' all the hits aren't we? What next, killed by a secret lab exploding somewhere in the Pennsylvania wilderness?"

...uh, yeah. Don't speak too soon on that one

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:59 am 
I love Oasis's expressions in these comics (particularly panel 2 today and on March 6th). She's becoming a much more developed and nuanced character in her own right, rather than just alternating between “giddy as a schoolgirl” and “cold-blooded assassin”. It's almost heart-wrenching to watch her struggle with her emotions now.

Oh, and Torg is being kind of a jerk for asking “Who wants a hug?” and then screaming “Get off me!” when she takes him up on his offer…

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:00 am 
Location: We dine well here in Camelot. We eat ham and jam and spam a lot.
Torg has always been a jerk, it's just coming clearer now. And yes, he wants to use her as a weapon, which is what she was created to be. I don't know how this is going to end. We know Torg loves Zoe, so how could he be holding Oasis when he just wants to use her?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:19 am 
It shows a lot of growth that Oasis is capable of even accepting something like this, despite her programming. In situations in the past where Torg has manipulated her, she would've simply added another layer of lies to herself to satisfy her compulsions.

The real test is if she can realize that Torg is like this with her because he sees her as little more than a monster that's a threat to himself and his friends (but can be redirected), and is as such desensitized to her feelings and well-being.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:40 am 
slightlylooney wrote:

If you think about it, Torg's actions, given the fact that Oasis is right in saying that he only wants to use her, can only be described as reprehensible. He is using the fact that she was ordered to love him and the fact that she was programmed with "Override B-1" for the sole purpose of destroying Hereti-corp. In other words, he is treating her like a tool, a fact made worse that Torg at some level still regards Oasis as "innocent". This is Torg at his worst, where he is showing his nastier side and where the more heroic side of his nature is conspicuously absent.

I feel like he realizes that his actions are awful, and feels awful about the effects (both on the innocent hereti-corps workers and even if only subconsciously, on Oasis). That's why it was the last resort.

I

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:43 am 
CodeBlack wrote:
It shows a lot of growth that Oasis is capable of even accepting something like this, despite her programming. In situations in the past where Torg has manipulated her, she would've simply added another layer of lies to herself to satisfy her compulsions.

The real test is if she can realize that Torg is like this with her because he sees her as little more than a monster that's a threat to himself and his friends (but can be redirected), and is as such desensitized to her feelings and well-being.

That is a very good point. I feel like she might be developing toward that ability...

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:48 am 
There are those digbots, and there is the fall!

I will that the instinctual "get off me!" surprised me. Riff's reaction must have startled him out of strategy-mode.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:49 am 
Well looks like SOMEONE specc'd correctly…

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:33 am 
What the hell, Torg? First he greets her with anger, and now this? For all the planning and preparation, he sure didn't plan the actual "meeting" part of this meeting very well.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:46 am 
I knew those digbots would come up again later.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions