Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post subject: Strip for March 16, 2017
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:18 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Thursday doesn't care what the time is.

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
Wed=[#130 -0 *598]
Thu=[#129 +1 *633]

NCoID™162

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:18 am 
Teresa torques his shoulder. Now Oasis. Have Zoë or Gwynn ever twisted his arm??

Glad to see he's being less jerky.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:33 am 
These last two weeks have been killing me. A part of me almost wants Oasis to end up with Torg. I mean, Zoe would be ok without Torg in the long run (definitely the sign of a more stable, healthy relationship). But, and I know she's brainwashed, the way Pete has been drawing Oasis... that's some raw emotion right there. It shows just how badly Dr. Steve hurt her.

I work with traumatized teens who have literally been through hell and it's made them pretty terrible people that most would NEVER want to be around, but the things they've suffered just destroy me on a personal level. You can see some of them trying so hard, but they just can't quite make it work, and they know it. Deep down, Oasis knows, but she can't help herself.

Heartbreaking.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:25 am 
And Torg's heroic side makes its belated entrance.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:28 am 
... but you know that he really is just trying to use her for something.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:41 am 
Well, that worked out well! Torg gained her trust, and he finally got to save her, which he couldn't do the first time. It must have been traumatic for him to watch her die then. That she comes back doesn't quite take that away, and that's also spooky.

He will still be angry with Riff, I am sure. And will wonder if Riff planned to do this with the digbots. Even though that also put Torg at risk, and there was no way of knowing if they would be able to make Oasis fall, so that seems unlikely. But they have some patching up to do.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:02 am 
Silverwalker wrote:
Well, that worked out well! Torg gained her trust, and he finally got to save her, which he couldn't do the first time. It must have been traumatic for him to watch her die then. That she comes back doesn't quite take that away, and that's also spooky.

He will still be angry with Riff, I am sure. And will wonder if Riff planned to do this with the digbots. Even though that also put Torg at risk, and there was no way of knowing if they would be able to make Oasis fall, so that seems unlikely. But they have some patching up to do.

"It's a feature"

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:22 am 
"CliiiiiiffHanger, hanging from a cliff,
That's why He's called Cliffhanger!"

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:53 am 
I'd just like to say:

Called it.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:46 am 
RamenChef wrote:
I'd just like to say:

Called it.

Who didn't?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:21 am 
This made me smile today.
Whatever the plan and whatever the past, at this moment, their smiles are genuine and honest--saying "Thank you" and "Thank goodness!"

..after all the falling, he finally got to catch someone!

Last edited by randomlanguage on Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:30 am 
slightlylooney wrote:
And Torg's heroic side makes its belated entrance.

I think his heroic side is much better at showing itself in spontaneous situations.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:30 am 
Silverwalker wrote:

I bet Torg just feels bad about today's incident with Riff now. Riff threw together a last minute duct tape job to protect his estranged bff in a crap suit that would stand absolutely no chance against Oasis.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:41 am 
Silverwalker wrote:

He will still be angry with Riff, I am sure. And will wonder if Riff planned to do this with the digbots. Even though that also put Torg at risk, and there was no way of knowing if they would be able to make Oasis fall, so that seems unlikely.

I was just wondering if he completely forgot about his digbot pilots.

And yeah, I hope some reconciliation comes out of all this. I also hope (perhaps against hope) he can have a real conversation with Oasis, a la "I can't pretend to feel that way about you but I do care about you".
yaysalt wrote:
"CliiiiiiffHanger, hanging from a cliff,
That's why He's called Cliffhanger!"

YES. Thanks for the grin on a gloomy morning.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:44 am 
Spirantz wrote:
I bet Torg just feels bad about today's incident with Riff now. Riff threw together a last minute duct tape job to protect his estranged bff in a crap suit that would stand absolutely no chance against Oasis.

Looking back at Tuesday's strip, panels 4-6, and the expressions on Torg's face (anger, thoughtfulness, sad realization), I'd say you're right. Then he got told off by Oasis in Wednesday's strip.

I'm glad to see that he's not being jerky (or twerky!) now. :)

On another note... I love Oasis' graceful flip in panel 1 today, followed immediately by shock and fear as her perfect landing is spoiled when that bit of cliff gives way beneath her. She's come a long way since their last time on this cliff.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions