Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:26 pm 
Oh Riff, what did you just do???

randomlanguage wrote:
balthazar wrote:
One of the Lagrange Points?

I love this discussion.

Heh. Apparently so do a number of other people. Pete is probably going "oops."

As for 'hidden' in space, that's easier to do when you control NASA (and a significant amount of space surveillance) AND Grab-Allâ„¢, as hC now does. Yes, quite a number of other countries have satellites in Earth orbit - but how much surveillance are the non-NASA satellites doing? Most surveillance is going to be pointing downwards not upwards. Even active asteroid searches have missed a few until they're practically on top of us. That said, my guess is that the Russians and the Chinese, at least (probably also N. Korea, paranoid as Kim Jong Un is) are monitoring the orbital traffic. As for the moon, well, yes - currently the Chinese are up there. But is that true in Sluggyverse? If not, then it would be pretty damn easy to hide something on the moon. Not sure whether anyone would be surveying the (Earth-Moon) Lagrange Points...

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:01 pm 
As much as I love the discussion of space travel, I think we also have to remember that this is coming from Sasha, who is not an expert, so I shall allow her a bit of slack in terms of accurate or more specific terminology (her honesty/dishonesty aside).

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:12 pm 
Dear Pete:

It looks like many of your little sluggites have grown up into brilliant scientists :D Congrats!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:15 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:
As much as I love the discussion of space travel, I think we also have to remember that this is coming from Sasha, who is not an expert, so I shall allow her a bit of slack in terms of accurate or more specific terminology (her honesty/dishonesty aside).

Seriously. Are these people not applying simple Theory of Mind to comic book characters (vs. Pete) where they should be? Hmm.... :sasha:

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:01 pm 
Oh Sasha with a laser cannon makes me nervous! I want to trust her...but I dont! Stay good Sasha. :kiki:

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:12 pm 
Hey All! As far as swmartian thinking I may be going "oops", BOY HAVE I! From the first few reactions posts I was palm-to-face! I've just had one of those unforgiving days where I only now can look at fixing today's comic and working on tomorrows (yep, that one's going to be late!). It was a combo of last-minute rewrites, space-tropes (hat-tip Sky_Render), lack of time to research and just a smidge of dummy-me. So yeah, that panel's dialogue is totally getting a ret-con. I'll change it and do a news story on it after I get tonight's late comic done! And Spirantz is right, you guys are the smartest readers and do me proud!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:41 pm 
These forums are pretty cool. Pete, thanks for assembling a crack team (oh, and for writing an epic that's kept me engaged for over a decade and a half).

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:15 am 
Pete wrote:
Spirantz is right

No matter how many times a day I hear that, I never tire of it.
Huh? Did you say something else? Gyros-syncro-what's it? I'd definitely be down for some synchronized gyros eating contest! Chicken in mine, please! Great idea, sluggy science team! Keep up the delicious work!

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:17 am 
Yahoo Messenger: oikapuff
AOL: PikaPuff00
UH HUH?!

UH HUH.

*groans for 10 seconds*
*long exasperated sigh*

^reactions to Riff giving Sasha a gun with his back turned.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions