Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:34 am 
Have we seen whether or not Torg's blood is innocent?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:52 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
Heh! I bet Kusari didn't expect that. (But is Chaz's center of gravity really in its hilt?)

Is Chaz skilled enough to be a match for Kusari? (I'm sure Torg wouldn't have a chance with a normal sword.) Can Chaz kill Kusari permanently? Will we find out soon?

FullMetalArchivist wrote:
But why would Torg anticipate having any reason to summon Chaz to him?

It's generally a good idea to have useful things available just in case.

Thecommander369 wrote:
Have we seen whether or not Torg's blood is innocent?

"Certainly not you, master!"

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:55 am 
I'm confused, are kikis wings jet propelled? How could a glider start out lying still on the ground then fly upward carrying a weight?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:31 am 
The answer is probably that Riff made it.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:32 am 
yurak wrote:
FullMetalArchivist wrote:
So the ferret-wings were for Chaz after all...

But why would Torg anticipate having any reason to summon Chaz to him?

My best idea to hand is this. Torg has realised he can be separated from Chaz. What's better than a magic talking sword? A summonable talking magic sword!

Chad has a different standard of "innocent" to Torg.

I guess there was also this, although the problem there was more that it wasn't charged. But I can see him deciding that based on past experience it's good to have a backup way to retrieve it.

Still, lucky for him that the first time he ever did that, it would (hopefully) save his life.

yaysalt wrote:
I'm confused, are kikis wings jet propelled? How could a glider start out lying still on the ground then fly upward carrying a weight?

Apparently they have some kind of propulsion - they've flown quite a long way while carrying Bun-bun (and Kiki) before.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:51 am 
This gives me warm tingly feelings all over.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:21 am 
VcSaJen wrote:
garyfritz wrote:
Kusari is innocent like a gun is innocent. Schlock is the one pulling the trigger.

Schlock knows something about Kusari's past, which led me to believe that she's not as innocent. But Chaz disagrees.

long time forum reader, first time poster - be gentle...

did we establish whether this Kusari has done anything yet that would make her "non-innocent?" And if this is the version that killed off HC staff at Schlock's orders, isn't an alternative theory that she is being compelled (as Oasis has been) and therefore not guilty (or at least non-innocent)?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:58 am 
WLM: Xman72685
AOL: BHSbengal
having trouble posting, if this is here multiple times sorry

1. Am i the only one who reads the swords voice as Sir Michael Caine?
2. Conversely im all but sure i am NOT the only one who always responds to "whom shall we kill today master?" with "A GOD DAMNED DEMON LORD"

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:04 pm 
Xman72685 wrote:
1. Am i the only one who reads the swords voice as Sir Michael Caine?

Well not NOW........

Rombobjörn wrote:
Heh! I bet Kusari didn't expect that. (But is Chaz's center of gravity really in its hilt?)

Unlikely. But that would mean his blade would ride lower than the hilt, which would explain how Kusari got sliced instead of bonked with the hilt.

Sailarr wrote:
did we establish whether this Kusari has done anything yet that would make her "non-innocent?" And if this is the version that killed off HC staff at Schlock's orders, isn't an alternative theory that she is being compelled (as Oasis has been) and therefore not guilty (or at least non-innocent)?

There's a long history of Kusari being somewhat of a mindless weapon, fully controlled by the current CEO of HeretiCorp. For example Chen tried to pull a coup and, once he was appointed CEO, was able to order Kusari to kill everyone especially Schlock. Then when Schlock asserted his rights as majority owner, he fired Chen and became CEO again, and regained full control over Kusari. "That is how this works. We understand this."

There are other similar/related examples. My interpretation: she is a sentient tool who has no choice but to follow orders. And that absolves her of culpability for those orders.

I think Torg knows this, and it will make it difficult for him to kill her. But she's going to try to kill him (and has tried to kill him, Zoë, etc in the past), so he'll have to defend himself.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:23 pm 
Sailarr wrote:

It looks like it was only yesterday (in strip time) that Schlock ordered Kusari to 'clean house', and she apparently followed through, so she wouldn't be innocent except for the fact that she has to follow orders.

garyfritz wrote:
I think Torg knows this, and it will make it difficult for him to kill her. But she's going to try to kill him (and has tried to kill him, Zoë, etc in the past), so he'll have to defend himself.

Does Torg know this? Has he ever seen evidence that Kusari is compelled or that she is somehow connected to Oasis? I can't think of a time.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:30 pm 
I'm curious how Torg had planned to defend himself with Chaz if it hadn't just happened to barely nick an approaching assassin who also just happened to be technically an innocent.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:28 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
ZylonBane wrote:
I'm curious how Torg had planned to defend himself with Chaz if it hadn't just happened to barely nick an approaching assassin who also just happened to be technically an innocent.
Chaz works perfectly well as a normal sword when not powered and Torg knows how to use it. Kusari "dies" perfectly well with normal weapons. Chaz only really needs to be powered to kill demons or destroy souls. Though I'm not sure if Chaz destroys human souls.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:17 pm 
I still want to know what the sword's definition of innocent is. AB Negative?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:28 pm 
Kusari knows a lot of things that the main crew don't know. I'm looking forward to finding out if she reacts to seeing powered Chaz.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:17 pm 
Zillatain wrote:
ZylonBane wrote:
Chaz works perfectly well as a normal sword when not powered and Torg knows how to use it. Kusari "dies" perfectly well with normal weapons. Chaz only really needs to be powered to kill demons or destroy souls. Though I'm not sure if Chaz destroys human souls.

I dunno, I'm still not quite sure how Torg plans to defend himself, charged-up Chaz or not... He might be competent with a sword, but I think Kusari is clearly the better, more experienced fighter. Hopefully he's got some kind of ace up his sleeve.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions