Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:09 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Thursday is running with a scissor! And nobody is going to stop me!

Just try it and see.

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
Wed=[#142 +0 *421]
Thu=[#140 +2 *454]

NCoIDâ„¢8

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:01 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Smart move. I'd have done it.

Those poor bots of dig...

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:03 am 
Bahahahaha.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:04 am 
Welp. I half called that.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:06 am 
Wise choice, Torg. The range of her kusarigama has got to be a lot longer than your reach with the sword, plus everything that Chaz said.

I like Chaz's clear exposition of how he works, although it seems at odds with what happened with the Demon King in the DoL. But Torg doesn't know that.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:09 am 
Yahoo Messenger: oikapuff
AOL: PikaPuff00
I think, technically, the Demon King wasn't cut. the sword scraped him as it was being used to block the demon king's attack.
http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/041203

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:13 am 
True, I guess it wasn't exactly a cut or stab with the Demon King.

I guess when he was telling Torg how to kill Horribus, he said that Torg had to hit his heart. Maybe it's different for demons than for humans.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:17 am 
Location: We dine well here in Camelot. We eat ham and jam and spam a lot.
Torg missed a great chance to employ the Holy Hand Grenade (of Antioch) You know, pull the Holy Pin, count to 5, (3 sir!) 3, then lobbest it towards the enemy. What a pity he didn't have it with him, he must have dropped when the inflatobike deflated.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:48 am 
At least now we definitely know that any cut from Chaz once powered will kill any human. A god or demon may take more than a nick.

Heh, looks like Kusari is surprised by a talking sword when it's actually because she fell into the ground unexpectedly.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:10 am 
How exactly did the digbots know where to go? They really moved quickly to set that up.

Today is the 6th strip before Sluggy's 20th. It makes me think of Grinder from the Red Alert 2 soundtrack.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:19 am 
We're supposed to believe the digbots dug a hole under Kusari, and she didn't notice anything?? I would think anybody observant would feel vibrations underfoot. I would absolutely expect Kusari to be sensitive enough and tuned-into her environment enough to notice.

Torg fistbumped Chaz and said "Ow!" so I assumed he at least got nicked, but it didn't kill him. (And then Chaz said "Be careful Master. I would hate to end your life over something so trivial and silly. Of course I know this will be your end, but I am almost fond of you.")

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:56 am 
garyfritz wrote:
Torg fistbumped Chaz and said "Ow!" so I assumed he at least got nicked, but it didn't kill him. (And then Chaz said "Be careful Master. I would hate to end your life over something so trivial and silly. Of course I know this will be your end, but I am almost fond of you.")
Torg can be ditzy at times but I don't think he was that stupid to fist-bump the sharp edge, but the flat instead. That "OW" is more from smacking his fist into a chunk of steel. In the second panel you can see some lines and a star radiating from his fist which tends to denote pain, and also there's no mark on his hand of being cut in any panel.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:42 am 
Hahaha! Nice exposition there too.

Yeah, even though Chaz was ready to take this advantage, Torg+Chaz are better matched against powerful (demons) or lumbering (zombies) enemies than graceful enemies with longer reach, so running is probably the best choice.

But I doubt this ends Kusari.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am 
I don't get Torg's plan here. Yeah, I get it, Kusari is deadly as hell, but she isn't as deadly as Oasis. Yes she took down a bunch of vampires, but Kusari used silver for that. Torg's isn't that half bad of a fighter and he has the advantage here with a powered up sword and the digbots tripping her up. I get it's in character for him to run, but he has an injured leg and Kusari can run fast and probably manuever more quickly through the woods. He's tossing all his strengths here. She can track him easily so he can't evade or hide. At the very least, he should have been carrying the Kiki bot to retrieve Bun-Bun like last time Kusari reared her head. That would be better than running. Guess he was relying too heavily on Oasis to protect him.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:02 am 
Thecommander369 wrote:
I don't get Torg's plan here. Yeah, I get it, Kusari is deadly as hell, but she isn't as deadly as Oasis. Yes she took down a bunch of vampires, but Kusari used silver for that. Torg's isn't that half bad of a fighter and he has the advantage here with a powered up sword and the digbots tripping her up. I get it's in character for him to run, but he has an injured leg and Kusari can run fast and probably manuever more quickly through the woods. He's tossing all his strengths here. She can track him easily so he can't evade or hide.

I started by thinking the same thing, that now was Torg's only good chance and he's blowing it by running away. Chaz sure seemed to think so, too.

But I think Torg is also acting on new information about Kusari's innocence. He has already had this argument with himself about Oasis, and has decided her to be...so to speak...redeemable. I think he doesn't want to kill her, just as much as he's scared to fight her.

Here's hoping Kusari sees Torg's decision to spare her, and has the agency and ability to act on it.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions