Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:28 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Rombobjörn wrote:
GUIGUI wrote:
Basil has only one horn.

In the last panel here it looks like Basil is the one with two ears or horns or whatever they are. That makes Coriander the one with the single horn.

A:3, B:2, C:1

Seeing the order in which Eda address them, it looks like Basil is the one with one and Coriander is the one with two. Same here.

but it's true that in the last panel of the comic you linked, it looks like the name the two horned creature respond to is Basil.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:28 pm 
Rombobjörn wrote:
GUIGUI wrote:
Basil has only one horn.

In the last panel here it looks like Basil is the one with two ears or horns or whatever they are. That makes Coriander the one with the single horn.

A:3, B:2, C:1

YES. Anise has three. Edda addresses Anise several times, so we see that he(?) has the three horns.
In the last panel of the comic referenced above, Yffi addresses Basil, who responds and has two horns. So Coriander has the single horn. A, B, C. I also think of it as Coriander=Cranky. He seems to have the most attitude. Anise=Always Pleasant, or Adorable.

Jzaxil is Anise in disguise, and working for Yffi. Yffi has always been his Master. And Yffi said he has TONS of time...so I am not surprised he is still around.
Now, what his reasons are for messing with the End Demon, and also what his dealings are with the Strakoi, who knows. The assumption is that Yffi created the Strakoi, so...
who knows.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:36 am 
Who assumes Yffi created the Strakoi ??

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:15 am 
Uh...basically anyone who read and remembers the section of the chapter in which he was in the process of creating the Strakoi? It wasn't that subtle. I mean it wasn't as clumsily overt as having Yffi shout "I created the Strakoi," but there was enough there. Some people took it to mean he created all vampires (I believe this ignores some hints that he was specifically creating the Strakoi), but I don't think anyone took it to not mean that he created the Strakoi included.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:50 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Lord Golbez wrote:
Uh...basically anyone who read and remembers the section of the chapter in which he was in the process of creating the Strakoi? It wasn't that subtle. I mean it wasn't as clumsily overt as having Yffi shout "I created the Strakoi," but there was enough there. Some people took it to mean he created all vampires (I believe this ignores some hints that he was specifically creating the Strakoi), but I don't think anyone took it to not mean that he created the Strakoi included.

While we are starting to tread into speculation territory, we can, at the very least, list two things that have been confirmed by the comic:

1. Yffi was dabbling into some questionable blood magic, in the Carpathian Basin, no less:

2. Anise, who, under the guise of "Jzaxil", has apparently manipulated Lady Tomb into, among other things, associating with the strakoi, has been acting under the direction of their true Master, Yffi.
(and also stole Chaz for him)

Last edited by GUIGUI on Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:53 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:28 am 
Also, this strip (for "Yffi created the Strakoi"):

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:45 am 
Yffi was dabbling in blood magic, absolutely. But I don't see how that leads to the Strakoi. It doesn't even prove he created ANY of the vampire races. They could have existed long before Yffi started researching blood and death magic. What am I missing?

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:41 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
Yffi was dabbling in blood magic, absolutely. But I don't see how that leads to the Strakoi. It doesn't even prove he created ANY of the vampire races. They could have existed long before Yffi started researching blood and death magic. What am I missing?

"The master is creating new servants. Of bird and man. Of blood and death."

It's hard to imagine what else that would be -- unless of course Pete does one of his patented nuclear twists, which seems unlikely with a hint like that.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:50 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
This discussion is moving too much into speculation territory. Let's keep this in the correct thread, shall we?

Which is not here.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:54 pm 
moved to the spec forum, as I should have done before Zill brought it up

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions