Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:57 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Just like Anise, Tuesday is always manipulating people. But unlike Anise, it doesn't require cue cards to do so.

Cue cards would mean it actually knows what it's doing...

----------
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote every day until the world ends (someday).

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:59 am 
This is a fascinating strip as we put together what we know worth suddenly implying something completely different!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:02 am 
The wizard Yffi is controlling themi! Who would have thought that the Strakoistrat would contain such deception and intrigue?

Yes, how rude of the fisherman to call the monsters Vrykos.

So they are on Yffi's island. That's something to sink your teeth in. I wonder why he stays there all this time.

Those flashbacks caused me to do a deepdive into the story in 2021. It is always interesting to see the different perspectives, from the outside of the book and then from the inside.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:44 am 
Nice drawing today, Pete!

Panel 4 is so full of cues. Chaz? Jzaxil? What is Cantemire carrying in his left hand?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:24 am 
That was such a Yffi plan that even the strakoi were nervous about it. But it apparently worked out as intended. :pun:

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:08 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Silverwalker wrote:
The wizard Yffi is controlling themi! Who would have thought that the Strakoistrat would contain such deception and intrigue?

(...)

He calls him Master, so, it would seem that at least one of the member of the Strakoi's triumvirate respond to Yffi, but you can never be too sure, with the Strakoi.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:37 am 
Okay, now Pete's just enjoying the suspense way too much.

The fisherman bit made me think we were back in flashback mode... but the end of the strip makes it obvious we're in the present. So... now what?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:23 pm 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
Okay, now Pete's just enjoying the suspense way too much.

The fisherman bit made me think we were back in flashback mode... but the end of the strip makes it obvious we're in the present. So... now what?

Yeah, I'm still a bit confused. The first two panels are clearly outside. Then the Cantemire is not only inside, but descending stairs. Could be that he's headed to the basement, but I still found the transition a bit confusing. For transcription purposes, I will assume the first two panels are not a flashback unless Pete says otherwise...

So much backstory to cover here... Can't wait to see how this plays out.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:10 pm 
swmartian wrote:
Yeah, I'm still a bit confused. The first two panels are clearly outside. Then the Cantemire is not only inside, but descending stairs. Could be that he's headed to the basement, but I still found the transition a bit confusing.

FWIW, I think you got it spot-on. Shadefather Cantemire passed the other two Strakoi (Not Vrykos!) on his way inside and then headed down to a lower level to meet with the Master, who is clearly Yffi.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:41 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
Silverwalker wrote:

(...)

He calls him Master, so, it would seem that at least one of the member of the Strakoi's triumvirate respond to Yffi, but you can never be too sure, with the Strakoi.

Yes, Cantemire says that the high sorcerer Floresco suspects Yffi to have other motives for what they have just done, so it is clear that they all answer to him.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:09 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
swmartian wrote:
Yeah, I'm still a bit confused. The first two panels are clearly outside. Then the Cantemire is not only inside, but descending stairs. Could be that he's headed to the basement, but I still found the transition a bit confusing.

FWIW, I think you got it spot-on. Shadefather Cantemire passed the other two Strakoi (Not Vrykos!) on his way inside and then headed down to a lower level to meet with the Master, who is clearly Yffi.

The one potential conflict there is that in the "lower" level, there are still windows. Of course maybe the fisherman was on the roof? It worked in Sherlock...

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:38 pm 
Biscuit wrote:
Panel 4 is so full of cues. Chaz? Jzaxil?

?? I don't see either of them in panel 4. Oh! Probably-Jzaxil is in panel 5.

Quote:
What is Cantemire carrying in his left hand?

I assume it's a scepter / wand / symbol of his office.

I don't know if it's relevant, but he's carrying it in his RIGHT hand in panel 2 and I think 3. 4 I can't tell, but it's in his left in 5.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions