Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Re: And Kusari is...
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:44 pm 
This thread keeps popping up, then back down. How many people think it is someone we have met versus someone we have not. :pun:

Anyone think it is Crystal?

:sam:

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:41 pm 
Not Crystal so much, but someone we know. I think we're going to find that both Oasis and Kusari involve timeless space travelers ala 'the new guy', as well as bound entities. The Oasis entity is trapped, and maybe damaged, whereas the Kusari entity is on a contract, (I will serve for a hundred lives or some such) hence the finite resource line. As for who Kusari ends up being, with timeless space travel, it could be anybody. Maybe the executive from the future we met in oceans unmoving, that would be neat, but I'm betting it'll be a big twist, maybe it'll be Sasha, that'll mess everyone up, the time loop makes all the 'same panel evidence' irrelevant.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:01 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
maybe Kusari is an awakened Oasis who has returned from Timeless Space and is wearing the mask to avoid a twin fit?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:57 pm 
I keep wanting it to be Min (remember her?), but can't think of a logical rationale for it.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:21 pm 
Easy,
Min has been trying to track down her sister...
Min shows up at tense / climatic moment in confrontation...
HC has zappy timeless-space tech, bun bun is involved, things go pear shaped...
Min, not having the background, makes a bad deal thinking she's helping, ends up controlled and zapped..
Presto maletesto, quanto questo, Bob's your uncle....
and now min is Kusari.

I kinda hope not though, Kusari did try and kill Zoe that one time, even with mind control, that's gotta hurt a sistery relationship.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:48 pm 
gregnier wrote:
maybe Kusari is an awakened Oasis who has returned from Timeless Space and is wearing the mask to avoid a twin fit?

Wouldn't want to make the ducks angry. On a serious note wouldn't wouldn't a future Oasis still have pyrokinesis? Also there the whole "Override B1" thing with hC.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:32 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
yurak wrote:
gregnier wrote:
Wouldn't want to make the ducks angry. On a serious note wouldn't wouldn't a future Oasis still have pyrokinesis? Also there the whole "Override B1" thing with hC.
That's what i meant by "Awakened." Probably should have said "In control of herself version of..."

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:48 pm 
Jimmymac wrote:
Easy,
Min has been trying to track down her sister...
Min shows up at tense / climatic moment in confrontation...
HC has zappy timeless-space tech, bun bun is involved, things go pear shaped...
Min, not having the background, makes a bad deal thinking she's helping, ends up controlled and zapped..
Presto maletesto, quanto questo, Bob's your uncle....
and now min is Kusari.

I kinda hope not though, Kusari did try and kill Zoe that one time, even with mind control, that's gotta hurt a sistery relationship.

Or, what if Kusari is Katie Zalia? Katie always says Oasis is her sister. DUN DUN DUN.

With Sin'thea looking very much like an old Oasis and being mother to Slaw and Monicruel,and Dade being an incarnation of Dr. Steve I'm more unsure about Kusari than ever.

The facts:
She takes about 6 months to be revived (probably) And we are on our 3rd Kusari (at least): We've seen her "die" and did not see her for a 6 month span, twice. Coincidence? I think not! Her first on screen death in February 2002, http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20020209. Here she is still missing: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20020609 4 months later and isn't seen again until August: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20020824, 6 months later.

This happened again (probably!).
The next on screen death for Kusari is March 8th 2016. We see Tyler voting for her butt in October of 2016 http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20161013. Which implies she is around. That's 7 months but the chapter is titled 6 months later ;) We don't actually see Kusari until April 12 2017; http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20170412 about a year and a month after her death, but in sluggy time I still think its roughly 6 months later.

She isn't revived via the Rebirth Facility. Oasis and Dr. Steve/Dade are. Kusari's revival process needs her corpse. (probably)

Not much is known about Kusari's revival process. As Schlock doesnt know where the Rebirth Facility is, its safe to assume she's not resurrected that way. Chen refers to reviving her as gaining a 'replacement Kusari' here: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20020213. Schlock refers to her as a finite resource and makes it clear here: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20160308 that her body is needed to revive her. He doesn't risk fluxing her and sends in a retrieval team. She was likely collected here: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20020211 as well. Or maybe not and is that is why they needed a 'replacement Kusari'?

She was made in Oasis's image and "improved" and is likely NOT innocent like Oasis 'is': Schlock states he feels bad for how those kids got roped into all of this and Kusari assumes Torg, Riff, Zoe and herself. He says he knows whats under that mask and she should be ashamed, implying she had a choice to become what she is where Oasis did not.

She is Oasis's "sister": First mentioned here: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20010304. Also worth noting Kusari knows about Dr. Steve's mantra for Oasis "nosce te ipsum".We don't know if the sisterhood is biological (they are both daughters of SIn'thea, they are both clones of SIn'thea?) Or sister projects (Oasis Project, Kusari Project) or Kusari is secretly a time fluxed Katie: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20160907 (last panel, "sis").

I think is also worth noting Dade is a younger version of Dr. Hereti and is a "Rebirth". Oasis appears to be a young version of Sin'thea. This suggests that when Oasis or Dr. Steve die they are 'rebirthed' at a specific age. Oasis might forever be young as long as she keeps dying. I don't think Kusari has that luxury and we don't know how old she is.

My current theory: Kusari is a time fluxed Katie.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:40 pm 
Not so much an "And Kusari is.." post, but a possible realization (that I'm sure others have had multiple times...)

Kusari has been called a 'finite resource' by Schlock (don't have the link quickly at hand)

Someone just mentioned one way that Sasha could regenerate (that I didn't list in my June 12 reaction post, except it could fall under "etc.")

What if the finite resource is not Kusari (or Sasha, or whoever Schlock needs,) but is actually Nanites? The more times they are used, the worse they get?

I don't recall all of the details of the nanite's powers, but is this possible?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:39 pm 
There's always been some weird connection between Sasha and Kusari. Never been able to pin it down, but I wonder....

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:02 pm 
superhunnybear wrote:
Not so much an "And Kusari is.." post, but a possible realization (that I'm sure others have had multiple times...)

Kusari has been called a 'finite resource' by Schlock (don't have the link quickly at hand)

Someone just mentioned one way that Sasha could regenerate (that I didn't list in my June 12 reaction post, except it could fall under "etc.")

What if the finite resource is not Kusari (or Sasha, or whoever Schlock needs,) but is actually Nanites? The more times they are used, the worse they get?

I don't recall all of the details of the nanite's powers, but is this possible?

Kusari's latest 'death'. Note she was beheaded. There's been two or three other situations where Kusari was killed/critical incapacitation. She was wall mounted by Oasis at the start of Fire and Rain.
This is apparently 3 hours after a compound leg fracture while saving Feng from suicide.

I don't think a source of nanites are a problem. Shankraft was asked to make a jumbo one before the Abesduck and Fluxnut projects. The convosation with Daiyu suggests Shankraft can make them normally.

Personally I'm not sold on the Kusari/Sasha theory since they have been seen together in the restaurant (1999?). Sasha and Kusari are featured simultaneously in this week in China and USA within minutes.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:45 pm 
yurak wrote:

I don't think a source of nanites are a problem. Shankraft was asked to make a jumbo one before the Abesduck and Fluxnut projects. The convosation with Daiyu suggests Shankraft can make them normally.

Did Schlock ever get the shrink Ray technology, or is that still in Torg's back pocket?

yurak wrote:
Personally I'm not sold on the Kusari/Sasha theory since they have been seen together in the restaurant (1999?). Sasha and Kusari are featured simultaneously in this week in China and USA within minutes.

My working theory was 'timey-wimey' mischief, but if Sasha's really dead, then that kinda blows that out of the water, unless Kusari was first, then 'grew up' into Sasha.

Last edited by Jimmymac on Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:06 pm 
If it's Timey-Wimey, Kusari could have been resurrected from Sasha or something. I.E. she could be like Daedalus.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:11 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
If it's Timey-Wimey, Kusari could have been resurrected from Sasha or something. I.E. she could be like Daedalus.

I suppose my theory is based upon linear time. If there's timey-whimy distortion then anything is possible.
Okay now I've got an image of Sasha crashing a bus through a building out stretching a hand saying "Riffington, come with me if you want to live".

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:33 pm 
I'd be surprised if we get a chance to see an answer to the following question If for no other reason than Frog is 'missing' and presumably not in hC headquarters. But I thought it might be a fun thought experiment: Let's assume that Torg not only succeeds in destroying hC headquarters, but he also succeeds in killing Schlock (something tells me that Schlock will live (hence, he's not onsite), and that we'll hear "DOMF" at least one more time). That would leave no one in charge of hC - and arguably no hC to be in charge of. How does Kusari respond?

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat