Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:55 am 
Man, is Sasha really just in love with Riff? It can't be that simple can it? I was expecting to not take anything she says at face value, but that's kind of tough when she's been so straightforward. I guess I never considered the possibility that she was simply a company girl with no personal life who yearned for the camaraderie Torg and Riff offered.

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:48 am 
AOL: I+forgot+my+password...
This may be a repeat (I only went back a couple pages, seemed like a lot of theorizing instead of 'what happens next?' guesses so I stopped reading back).

I think we will get the beginning of forgiveness for Sasha, then they step outside and Oasis kills Sasha because of Sasha's HC shirt, furthering the divide between Riff/Torg and lining things up even more with 4U (there was no Sasha in 4U, right?).

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:31 am 
Alecat wrote:
When the Juggler was shown it was actually Sasha with the 3 on her shirt. But the numbers could have been shuffled over time...
I think the actual number assigned to each of them is less important than confirming who the pins are. And Sasha, Gwynn and Izzy are the obvious candidates.

That said, with the passage of time I don't really feel like Gwynn has been causing him as much angst as when that comic first appeared.
And as much as I enjoy shipping Riff with Sasha/Izzy I think the pins go beyond Riff's love life and also represent Riff's moral quandries. A large part of Riff's character is his feeling on monsters and monstrous threats. And each of these girls present those issues to him. Boiling it down to the simplest terms, that'd be Gwynn with Kizke, Sasha with HC and Izzy with her vampire connections (plus I guess what he saw of her in 4U).

Oh yeah and settling down. That's a monstrous idea too.

The quote that always stuck with me from that bit was "skillful because he seems unaware of his juggling; strange because, well, the pins seem to be juggling him." To me that always suggested that, unbeknownst to him, he was being used as a pivotal pawn in the plans of three factions/forces. Once Sasha started appearing frequently with a "3" on her shirt, all of us sort of zeroed in on the idea that the three pins were different women he was closely linked to, but in hindsight I think that idea was off. I think he is instrumental, in one way or another, to the plans of Hereticorp, K'Z'K and his cult (essentially his father and "Tombsy" LeMort), and whoever Sasha is really working for (I don't believe for a second her story is as clear cut as she's portraying it here - personally, I think she's a tool of Uncle Time in manipulating fate/events). So if that's the case, then the three pins (that he thinks he's juggling but are really juggling him) would be Hereticorp, his father, and Sasha. In each of the three instances he had been completely in the dark and manipulated by a major party in his life it turns out he never really knew.

Last edited by Bunny Suction on Fri May 26, 2017 11:34 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:32 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Man, is Sasha really just in love with Riff? It can't be that simple can it?

No, it can not.

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:43 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: alecatmew
AOL: alecatmew
Bunny Suction wrote:
The quote that always stuck with me from that bit was "skillful because he seems unaware of his juggling; strange because, well, the pins seem to be juggling him." To me that always suggested that, unbeknownst to him, he was being used as a pivotal pawn in the plans of three factions/forces. Once Sasha started appearing frequently with a "3" on her shirt, all of us sort of zeroed in on the idea that the three pins were different women he was closely linked to, but in hindsight I think that idea was off. I think he is instrumental, in one way or another, to the plans of Hereticorp, K'Z'K and his cult (essentially his father and "Tombsy" LeMort), and whoever Sasha is really working for (I don't believe for a second her story is as clear cut as she's portraying it here - personally, I think she's a tool of Uncle Time in manipulating fate/events). So if that's the case, then the three pins (that he thinks he's juggling but are really juggling him) would be Hereticorp, his father, and Sasha. In each of the three instances he had been completely in the dark and manipulated by a major party in his life it turns out he never really knew.

Yes, thank you. You've outlined my thinking better than I could have. I'm not so sure about those being the three pins, if only for now Sasha and HeretiCorp seeming to overlap.
Lauren_In_Cali wrote:
This may be a repeat (I only went back a couple pages, seemed like a lot of theorizing instead of 'what happens next?' guesses so I stopped reading back).

I think we will get the beginning of forgiveness for Sasha, then they step outside and Oasis kills Sasha because of Sasha's HC shirt, furthering the divide between Riff/Torg and lining things up even more with 4U (there was no Sasha in 4U, right?).

Yeah I was kinda surprised that she was in hC uniform, I'm not keen on that being the conclusion to Sasha's story though.

I dunno.

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:51 pm 
As badass as Oasis is I'm not sure she could kill Sasha just like that. Don't get me wrong, I'm confident if they fought Oasis would probably win. I just don't think Sasha would get done in by a surprise stab in the back like Monica. I think she'd manage to detect/evade that initial strike. Not that it necessarily matters for the inevitable conclusion, but it would give other parties more time to intervene. Possibly including Gwynn, who absolutely can beat/restrain Oasis if she's far enough away from Cappy Bo.

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 4:30 pm 
AOL: I+forgot+my+password...
1. Looks I may have been right.

2. Is this a 'What Will Happen Next?' guess thread or a cumulative spec thread? Personally I like having topics separated by thread so I know where to go. For example I came here to see if anyone else thought Oasis would go after Sasha and instead there were pages and pages of theory. Good stuff but if I wanted to go down those rabbit holes I would have clicked on the applicable thread names.

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:35 pm 
Sorry yeah I've been a bit bad about just general spec rather than "what will happen next" speculations.

So uh I'll attempt some far-reaching WWHN spec: Sasha goes on to extrapolate on "I'm dead", it wasn't just a panic response, she's actually going to tell some story about how she is alternate reality Sasha or zombie Sasha or something. Or just about how she was hC's sacrificial pawn to get the gang to bring Oasis along.

Anyway, in more likely-to-happen spec, cue hC attempting to kill Oasis, aaaaany moment now...

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:28 am 
Wild and random off-the-wall spec: That isn't Oasis. That's Torg dressed as Oasis.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:49 am 
Haha I like it! But surely his googly eyes would show better from under the hoodie.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:59 am 
Not if he's squinting angrily.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:04 am 
They did say Oasis had a disguise, right? What we see up there isn't much of a disguise...or just her usual one. So maybe it fits.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:26 am 
Bunny Suction wrote:
Yodimus_Prime wrote:

No, it can not.

You say this, but it sure seems to be playing out that way. If you're right, this sub-chapter has a damn poker face. As it stands, the furthest I can go is that she knows about something bigger than HC. And even that I'm starting to have doubts about. Actual secret, ulterior motives are basically right out for me at this point.

Lauren_In_Cali wrote:
Is this a 'What Will Happen Next?' guess thread or a cumulative spec thread?

Wellllllll, see usually what happens is you get a few predictions, and then lots of speculation blooms out of those predictions, which generates further speculation, whiiich makes everyone forget what thread they're in

Or to put it another way: :kiki:

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:27 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Bunny Suction wrote:
Yodimus_Prime wrote:

No, it can not.

You say this, but it sure seems to be playing out that way. If you're right, this sub-chapter has a damn poker face. As it stands, the furthest I can go is that she knows about something bigger than HC. And even that I'm starting to have doubts about. Actual secret, ulterior motives are basically right out for me at this point.

If it's as simple as "Sasha had a change of heart because she realized she loved Riff" then as much as I admire Pete, I would call that bad writing. Think about all the things Sasha has done or stood by and let happen over the course of more than 15 years - trying to shoot Riff without a second thought, letting Zoe burn,faking a marriage for five years, etc." And then she changes her mind? Just like that? Precisely at the moment when HC gains critical potentially checkmate-level knowledge via Chen? So much build up over so many years just to have it culminate in "Sorry, I realize now I was wrong..." there's got to be more happening here.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:54 pm 
Also, what the heck does it "seems to be playing out that way" mean? Because Sasha says so? As though everything we know about her character should lead us to believe that she's not lying? It actually seems to be playing out the way that it was a ploy to kill Oasis.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat