Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:25 pm 
Hmm. I believe that Chaz can permanently kill Oasis. For that reason, I had (sort of) been in the same camp as Lord Golbez - we have to get a full explanation of Oasis before Pete wraps up, and the best way for that to happen right now is for her to die at the hands of hC. But I don't see what "holding her hostage" would accomplish... Other than getting a missile (or the like) fired on the two of them... In the end Chaz is a sword - he can't fight missiles, even when charged.

Now that I see how very happy Oasis is as she hangs on to her Torgy, I have a very bad feeling that those who say that Torg intends to kill Oasis with Chaz are right. However, I don't see how that will work...

As Lord Golbez says, if Chaz permanently kills Oasis, then the explanations that we will get at the rebirth facility will not be very satisfactory...

As for Chaz NOT killing Oasis permanently, surely Torg has considered that possibility. Either way - whether Chaz kills her permanently or not, what does Torg gain? How does her permanent death OR her impermanent death give Torg an advantage? They don't have the mech-power for a full frontal assault here. Oasis remains Torg's only real weapon...?? (Chaz is awesome, but not sufficient to get them past hC's defenses...)...

I think Chen will betray Schlock at the first opportunity, Kusari notwithstanding. I think Chen did NOT betray Torg, rather he told Schlock exactly what Torg wanted him to. Torg knows about the rebirth facility, and he and Chen have a plan... What plan, I haven't the foggiest idea..........

Edit: Oooh. I just got a very bad feeling. This assault is meant to permanently cripple hC - not destroy (kill) anyone. That's what the first part was all about, for sure. Torg knows that Schlock needs Oasis - desperately. What if he intends to kill her permanently with Chaz, and Chen is backup in case that does not work. Chen's real intention is to sabotage the rebirth facility - something that will be much more difficult with Kusari accompanying him.

The problem with this idea is Torg's conscience. He could not go through with the plan once he met Oasis. It was only after she joined him - of her own free will (supposedly) that he moved forward. Would he really betray her after that? Or is this Oasis' idea - an amendment to the original Plan F for fire. She wants to stop reincarnating, and she wants to protect the Zalia's - Oasis wants to permanently die? Dammit. Dr. Steve has to be here for this - he has to still be alive (and not just in Daedalus....).

Last edited by swmartian on Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:09 pm 
Both Oasis and Kusari are on the back of bikes.
Of some sort.

JOUSTING TIME.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:27 am 
Big final fight turning out to be a joust confirmed :P

swmartian wrote:
Hmm. I believe that Chaz can permanently kill Oasis.

I don't. There's no evidence that Chaz harnesses souls, just innocent blood. As long as Oasis' soul is free to return to the facility, she'll be fine. Uh...dead, but fine. Only demons and gods are at risk. If, let's say, Chen is really the key to this plan and it involves shenanigans at the rebirth facility (the plot-hole here is we've been given no indication at all that Torg has alerted Chen to this plan, so that's mighty convenient), then the most efficient way to kill Oasis - thus sending her to the facility - is with Chaz. a) because she could potentially dodge everything HC throws at her so there's no way to be sure, b) she won't see Torg coming because her brainwashing won't allow it, and c) it would power up Chaz giving Torg additional help. Two birds with one stone. Sword. Well the sword is the other bird...eh forget it.

None of this indicates in any way whatsoever what Plan F really is though. Obviously just burning down HC isn't it. Even as a backup plan we know she's not trained enough to control her py(roken)esis. It can't be specifically powering up Chaz with Oasis - they could go rob a blood drive and test all the bags till they get lucky, no need to hunt down an assassin for that, plus there's no way Torg could take the whole base with just Chaz. It's not undermining the base, since the Digbots are just backup. It's not taking control of Kusari via leadership hijinks, since she's left the base and will soon be safely far away from everyone. It's not all the other stuff they've done, because they already did it!! So what is it?!

I got nothin.

Every possibility I've thought of so far, I've shot down in my head. This is either the most clever plan ever, or the dumbest plan ever.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:03 am 
swmartian wrote:
Dr. Steve has to be here for this - he has to still be alive (and not just in Daedalus....).

Right now, this is the one thing I'm sure of, ever since Pete revealed who Daedalus was. Dr. Steve is definitely alive and out there. Possibly even living in the rebirth facility... Might even be the source of those flashbacks Oasis has had.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:36 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
This is either the most clever plan ever, or the dumbest plan ever.

All of Torg's plans in a nutshell.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:38 am 
Kesandru wrote:
swmartian wrote:
Dr. Steve has to be here for this - he has to still be alive (and not just in Daedalus....).

Right now, this is the one thing I'm sure of, ever since Pete revealed who Daedalus was. Dr. Steve is definitely alive and out there. Possibly even living in the rebirth facility... Might even be the source of those flashbacks Oasis has had.

Plan F for "Father" perhaps?

Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:56 pm 
Alternately; Torg threatens to kill Oasis ( they've planned this) and Schlock calls his bluff, Torg jumps in front of the bullet ( hero reflex / not thinking about reincarnation). Torg wounded or dead; Oasis is now flipped out with Chaz in her hands; she knows her blood is innocent; last pannel on Friday is angry Oasis with Chaz, cutting her hand on his edge.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:01 pm 
First panel on Monday is the same frame a second later, Chaz asks 'whom shall we kill today mistress'; and Oasis answers 'everyone'.

Que gymnastic dodging and Chaz / rage powered blood bath

Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:27 pm 
To those thinking Oasis can be cut by Chaz and survive is another question. We've seen Chaz powered by splashed blood. We are yet to see anybody cut by him and survive.
If I recall correctly Chaz has cautioned Torg about fist bumping him and hugging him (naturally the is while he's powered). I think Chaz does something to the soul/spirit that basically destroys those peirced by Chaz.

I still feel Torg is trying to lure hC out. I feel there's elves knocking about on recon. Possibly ending with some crazy life new feed to show his crazy hC is. With nearly all assets frozen/withdrawn Schlock will struggle to make his next move. The next question is how many orbital DFAs does Schlock have?

Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:14 pm 
yurak wrote:
To those thinking Oasis can be cut by Chaz and survive is another question. We've seen Chaz powered by splashed blood. We are yet to see anybody cut by him and survive.
If I recall correctly Chaz has cautioned Torg about fist bumping him and hugging him (naturally the is while he's powered). I think Chaz does something to the soul/spirit that basically destroys those peirced by Chaz.

http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20041203
http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20041212

Yeah he was a demon king / god but he did survive after getting cut (I think, it looks like they just scraped swords, but the next panel looks like he got cut as well)

Anyways, damaged and not dead. Not proof that he can cut but not kill Oasis, but I think it at least leaves it as a possibility.

Plus; Rule of Cool; I think that would make an epic screen / image. Maybe if Pete is listening he'll gift us with a sketch even if the strip doesn't go that way.. :oasis:

PS:
I've now built up quite a personal head cannon around this thought / path, nigh on fan-fic-ish in nature. :)

Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:57 pm 
Well, I wasn't even sure until recently confirmed with Oasis that Chaz could be powered by innocent blood without the source dying.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:17 pm 
Well, I have no firm spec as to what will happen now - other than I think I'm back to F=Flush. Torg obviously expects to engage to some extent, but he seems intent on flushing Schlock out - to what end is not yet clear. Somehow his plan has to mostly succeed - as Pete has to let us know what Plan F is. But it will also partly fail:

What will NOT happen:
We can rule out my spec about Torg & Chen colluding. That line of communication has apparently ended, and Chen really is doing is own thing. Torg has no idea that hC wants Oasis dead.

We can rule out Torg deliberately killing (or trying to kill) Oasis himself. He gave her a chance to back out - again.

But - let's say Schlock gets what he wants... One of his snipers kills Oasis.
Pavod wrote:
Oasis' outfit makes her look like Harbinger.

I have a bad feeling that this is how he created Harbinger the first time... So he just may succeed in his plan. We'll learn a fair amount about the rebirth facility and how Oasis "works" in the process, but in the end, she will be under Schlock's control. Torg will be forced to use Chaz. I have no idea why Chaz being able to kill her permanently would mean "harvesting souls" - Chaz kills, particularly when he's charged, that is all. Whatever 'power' Chaz has when he's charged will prevent whatever transformation occurs when Oasis dies - rendering the death permanent (all spec of course). And yet - whatever power Chaz has, I think that Oasis and Torg will get a chance at "closure"...

But why is Schlock so desperate for this to occur? What will a "controlled" Oasis give him that Kusari does not? I presume the power of fire? But if she cannot control that power now, what use is it? Unless Aylee succeeded in her training...

And why is Chaz all wrapped up?? If Torg is expecting a fight - and Oasis is certainly ready - why doesn't Torg have his best defense at the ready before he sets this part of the plan in motion??

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:46 pm 
swmartian wrote:
But - let's say Schlock gets what he wants... One of his snipers kills Oasis. -SNIP-

But why is Schlock so desperate for this to occur? What will a "controlled" Oasis give him that Kusari does not? I presume the power of fire? But if she cannot control that power now, what use is it? Unless Aylee succeeded in her training...

I don't think it's control of Oasis that he wants, I think that's just a by product. It's access to the rebirth facility that he wants. He can't find it.

Remember when Schlock was first reading the Oasis files and Kusari asked 'wasn't I made in her image and improved' and Schlock responded with 'yes but the differences are what's important'.
I think that means that whatever makes Kusari come back isn't the rebirth facility.

He scanned Oasis when she triggered her pyro (edit; not sure what this had to do with things yet), and Sasha planted the trackers on her so he can track her, now when she dies he can track her to the rebirth facility. Kusari and Chen are waiting to zip on their motorcycle to the facility when it is located by tracking Oasis.

It's the rebirth facility he's been trying to get for the last year's, probably he thinks he can use it to become immortal ( he may be right, but between Oasis and Steve / Daedelus it doesn't look that way, maybe he sees something in the design Steve didn't)

I don't know if he had it in the DoR, (immortality), if I remember right, he kinda just lost the will to live after everything went sideways, but this Schlock doesn't have that knowledge.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:14 pm 
I was just thinking, Torg told Kiki he had to do a bad thing. Not sure where Pete will go with this, I'm not 100 percent on any of it... but I think Torg intends for Oasis to die as part of his plan. He's been leading her on about how she's keeping him safe, and the direction Pete's been pointing to is that Torg really believes Schlock won't kill Oasis. That wouldn't leave room for a swerve, and I think that's the swerve.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:45 am 
Schlock likely didn't have immortality in the DoR. He was kept alive the same way everyone else was: with nanites. He decided to die one day long after 4U had become sufficiently cyclical, but Grumpy Riff didn't have any opinions on why he chose then to die. It wasn't specifically because everything had messed up. If Schlock had Oasis's immortality at the time he died though, he should've shown up on the city's scanners, especially since the AI had a mind of its own and didn't seem to have allegiance to any one person.

swmartian wrote:
I have no idea why Chaz being able to kill her permanently would mean "harvesting souls" - Chaz kills, particularly when he's charged, that is all.

Because we can glean from hints in the story - that she was experimented on at Orsintos - that Oasis survives her body in a way that involves moving her ghost around. Presumably to a new body. So in order for Chaz to kill her permanently, he'd have to do something directly to her soul to stop it from getting away. Since he doesn't harvest souls, I don't see how he'd prevent one from escaping to a new body.

I'll allow that it's still possible Torg will use Chaz on Oasis, but right now I have my doubts.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat