Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:59 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Yeah, still going with Chaz not being able to kill O

It's simple: Podunkton is right on top of the Rebirth Facility. There's nowhere in the story that says Podunkton is far away from Steve's secret base, it could easily be within a five mile radius. Watch, after Oasis dies, the scanner will direct Kusari straight toward Podunkton. They might even run over some old candelabras on their way to the entrance

I don't think so. Oasis, Feng and the Zalias were in hiding, I doubt she'd be that close to her old home at Steve's base

Post Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:23 pm 
Hiding from what? Dr. Steve? Who was dead? Why would her hiding have anything to do with where she was when no one else knew where Dr. Steve's base was anyway?

Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:37 am 
It seems odd that Hereti-corp would need to secure and shield Dr Steve's computer banks, especially since the files were wiped and his base self-destructed.

My guess is that they primarily wanted to rebuild the hardware and reconstruct what they could of Dr Steve's deleted files. The effort needed to do these things would be considerable. These two items would then be used to bring and keep Oasis under control and then to convert her into Harbinger.

Depending on what else Dr Steve was working on, these computer banks potentially could be the starting point for the AI protecting 4u city as well.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:29 am 
It might have less to do with what was on the computers than with the technology they were running. If the mind control tech remained intact, setting it back up based on how the Rebirth Facility's version is running would be much easier than starting from scratch or trying to lug that one all the way back. Orrr Pete just forgot they were wiped, who knows :P

Torg tomorrow: "blah blah blah like your SON, BRIAN RAMMER! Who you had KILLED!"
Still not sure where this is all leading, but that line seems like the obvious continuation. Especially since Torg already discussed it

erewhon wrote:
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Yeah, still going with Chaz not being able to kill O

It's simple: Podunkton is right on top of the Rebirth Facility. There's nowhere in the story that says Podunkton is far away from Steve's secret base, it could easily be within a five mile radius. Watch, after Oasis dies, the scanner will direct Kusari straight toward Podunkton. They might even run over some old candelabras on their way to the entrance

I don't think so. Oasis, Feng and the Zalias were in hiding, I doubt she'd be that close to her old home at Steve's base

Oasis had no idea where Steve's base was. Torg was the only one till he told Schlock. And a five mile radius is pretty huge, I could totally buy a town sitting somewhere at the border of that circle. Also, I'm a little fuzzy on that storyline because it's been a while, but wasn't Podunkton where the Zalias originally lived? I don't think they were in hiding there, but I could be wrong.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:10 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Torg tomorrow: "blah blah blah like your SON, BRIAN RAMMER! Who you had KILLED!"
Still not sure where this is all leading, but that line seems like the obvious continuation.

Yeah agreed a Rammer for shadow feels the most obvious here.

Yodimus_Prime wrote:
erewhon wrote:
Yodimus_Prime wrote:

Oasis had no idea where Steve's base was. Torg was the only one till he told Schlock. And a five mile radius is pretty huge, I could totally buy a town sitting somewhere at the border of that circle. Also, I'm a little fuzzy on that storyline because it's been a while, but wasn't Podunkton where the Zalias originally lived? I don't think they were in hiding there, but I could be wrong.

Podunkton is where the Zalias originally lived. Somehow Oasis befriended them.

If the rebirth facility is close to Dr Steve's base then it feels that Podunkton is too close since I always felt Steve's base was 10-20+ miles away from civilisation. Torg has done numerous missions to Steve's lab (up to early hC rebuilding) and you'd half expect him to pass through any local towns/villages.

On the flip side during the shoot out in Podunkton. The Strawman double taps Oasis' forehead, then drives to the police station. Within that time Oasis has reappeared. Thus that makes Podunkton a high candidate for the rebirth.
The only piece of information I'm missing is how far the rebirth facility is from Dr Steve's base.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:43 am 
Damn it, no Rammer.
Well...there's always next week. That is, assuming they don't headshot Oasis and turn all of Plan F sideways.

Why is Torg stalling for time anyway? If Plan F isn't "I'm announcing that I now own majority shares of HC, bow down before me!", it must be something that needs time to start happening. So...if the digbots really did undermine the base, what would it then take to start it Falling?

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:47 am 
Torg's stalling because he's trying to give Schlock an out - he absolutely does not want to give the order that he's probably now about to give. And Schlock just refused it in the worst way possible.

Plan F is "Foundation".

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:54 am 
Yep. The digbots totally undermined the base.
...in retrospect, the depth at which Old-Dead-Schlock and Grumpy Riff were holed up in the DoR should've been a clue.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:06 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
...in retrospect, the depth at which Old-Dead-Schlock and Grumpy Riff were holed up in the DoR should've been a clue.

Oh, good point!

I agree with you.

I also think that Riff and Aylee, being in the sky, might see the rebirth facility too.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:04 am 
Rebirth facility is gonna be something... "out of time", if you will. The pyramids of Mohkadun, or a portal that brings in an Oasis body from a parralel dimension.

That's gonna be the reason why they couldn't locate it - because even though the new Oasis's come here, the facility itself is not in our world.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:50 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
Yodimus_Prime wrote:

Oh, good point!

I agree with you.

I also think that Riff and Aylee, being in the sky, might see the rebirth facility too.

They should definitely see Chen and Kusari. I could easily see them following. And I imagine if Riff actually gets inside the rebirth facility, he'll recognize it.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:09 pm 
GlyphGryph wrote:
Rebirth facility is gonna be something... "out of time", if you will. The pyramids of Mohkadun, or a portal that brings in an Oasis body from a parralel dimension.

That's gonna be the reason why they couldn't locate it - because even though the new Oasis's come here, the facility itself is not in our world.

Ohh, like one of the pocket dimensions Khronus could spawn. Neat idea

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:51 am 
That dismissive wave of his hand to commence "Hell Unleashed" seems like it could come back to haunt him.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:02 pm 
GlyphGryph wrote:

That will only be a problem for them if the portal is one way/closes too fast.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:29 am 
Why would a reborn Oasis have the tracking Isotope in her bloodstream?

Her actual body is right next to Torg

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat