Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:42 pm 
Bunny Suction wrote:
Plan F = Flux?

Full Disclosure.

Plus, I think Torg's going to kill Oasis. Crazy, I know, but I have a hunch.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:58 pm 
Kesandru wrote:

Whoa - now that you've said it... of COURSE he is. There are a lot of dots to connect, but this just seems so spot on.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:08 pm 
yurak wrote:
Lord Golbez wrote:
Nothing's going to be wrapped up by the end of August. Absolutely nothing. Not even this current arc. Let's modulate expectations by the pacing of arcs over the last several years and realize there's no way this is getting finished in two months. If Pete wanted to finish this by August I can't for the life of me understand why he absolutely had to do The Circle arc after he already announced this as his deadline to finish.

Okay, that's not quite true. I guess he felt it was necessary to set up some character stuff for this arc. I get that, but still it was a huge time dump into an arc that only really had a tiny bit that was relevant to the next arc.

Coz Sam's da kiiiiing!

Schlock wrapped up in two months, maybes. There'll be a hundred other loose ends to wrap up later. I'm curious to know the post 20 plan

I'd be perfectly content with this storyline extending past the two month wrap up!

Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:24 pm 
Kesandru wrote:

I don't know...he said he could have done it a while ago.
I just have a feeling that Bun Bun would have had a different reaction if that were the plan. More "I'm going to do it" than "I have to see that"

Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:02 pm 
I'm going to quote myself here from May 22 here:

Lord Golbez wrote:
Kesandru wrote:
randomlanguage wrote:
"Hereticorp falls tomorrow" (tomorrow yikes! -- I know we don't know how long it will be until tomorrow, but still!)

And the last panel--I think we are finally going to get some backstory!

Hopefully "tomorrow" comes before mid-June.

And I'm hoping there's backstory. Loads of mindblowing, jawdropping incredible backstory.

Before mid-June? There's virtually no chance of that. Just the conversation with Sasha is sure to last at least until the end of the week. That's not even counting any issues arising with getting away or any fighting with Sasha or whatever after the conversation, but pretty sure whatever it is, that will last at least another week. A week after that will take us practically into mid-June and whatever the result of the encounter with Sasha, positive or negative, there will again be at least another week on aftermath before getting to "tomorrow." I'd say the absolute quickest "tomorrow" comes is June 12th and that's optimistic.

Now let's look at the comic. End of that week still having conversation with Sasha. Took more than that though because next week was still conversation with Sasha going a little into that issues/fighting stuff I mentioned at the end. Third week, still issue fighting. Fourth week stats "aftermath" but still includes "getting away" (so this was second to third in my optimistic scenario, which I knew was too optimistic). Fifth week, we're maybe past "aftermath" now sort of, but still kind of in that area and definitely not to tomorrow. Sixth week, that brings us to present and did we maybe get a glimpse of "tomorrow" with Schlock. Well, if that even was "tomorrow" it was a glimpse at most. That was 6 weeks and I was 100% right there was no way it would be 3. Now there's 8-9 weeks left and you really think Schlock will be done by the end of it. I suggest that you to consider your predictions on the basis that pretty much only one real thing will happen each week. That's basically how I set up my optimistic prediction and it still was too optimistic. Next week won't take us past knowing what the headlines are about (if we get that far), because that will be the one thing that gets to happen.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:36 pm 
^^^ this guy gets it. This chapter has been way too slow.

But despite Pete needlessly dragging his feet with this storyline's pacing, HeretiCorp has to fall by August 25th. Or at least, the story has to reach its climax if HC falling isn't that. Maybe it ties up the Oasis arc, I don't know. There was never a specifically stated goal for this deadline (obviously), and the whole Pillars of Reality thing that you'd expect to be the focus of the final chapter hasn't even been mentioned. But whatever he had planned as the significant moment for August 25th, it's going to happen. Not because I have faith in Pete's ability to plan ahead – hahaha no. – it's that I know he's gonna force himself to reach that point on that date, even if it means turning the story into a furious sprint for the last two or three weeks. Because Pete is crazy.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:16 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
^^^ this guy gets it. This chapter has been way too slow.

But despite Pete needlessly dragging his feet with this storyline's pacing, HeretiCorp has to fall by August 25th. Or at least, the story has to reach its climax if HC falling isn't that. Maybe it ties up the Oasis arc, I don't know. There was never a specifically stated goal for this deadline (obviously), and the whole Pillars of Reality thing that you'd expect to be the focus of the final chapter hasn't even been mentioned. But whatever he had planned as the significant moment for August 25th, it's going to happen. Not because I have faith in Pete's ability to plan ahead – hahaha no. – it's that I know he's gonna force himself to reach that point on that date, even if it means turning the story into a furious sprint for the last two or three weeks. Because Pete is crazy.

The pillars of reality thing is basically what's happening now. Without KZK to push the reset button poop can get so out of hand as to destroy reality itself, as per what is threatening to happen with flux weapons.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:30 am 
Torg's going to hold a press conference at HeretiCorp's front door, where he details all the current revelations and drops more of his own besides.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:09 pm 
I think all of the information gathering and releasing is a distraction, and while hC's attention is focused on that, Torg will move in to do "something bad."

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:52 pm 
Chen.
Torg is about to jail break Chen.
He's gonna be thrown by Daleus and nearly loose the plot.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:57 pm 
Normally I'd leave open the possibility that Torg's threats of doom are leading to a joke where he was only speaking about death metaphorically in reference to some benign thing like a scathing press conference (but then something explodey happens anyway by coincidence), but Torg's moment with Kiki pretty much drove the point home that he's quite serious about his statements that Plan F will cause lots of death. So I'm taking him at his word that whatever it is, it's gonna be bloody.

Sotanaht wrote:
The pillars of reality thing is basically what's happening now. Without KZK to push the reset button poop can get so out of hand as to destroy reality itself, as per what is threatening to happen with flux weapons.

The flux weapons might be a danger to modern society, but not fate. The DoR has a lot of bad things going for it, but KZK is not one of them. A DoR-style fate would actually fix the tangle, or at least delay it indefinitely. So as far as I'm concerned, this storyline really hasn't touched on it. One of the key events the Fate spiders have said lead to the Tangle is HeretiCorp interacting with the demon cult. At the very least, that has to happen, and I haven't seen hide nor hair of Wilcott's and Tombsy's club lately...assuming my earlier spec about La Mort is wrong, at least.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:00 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Nothing's going to be wrapped up by the end of August. Absolutely nothing. Not even this current arc. Let's modulate expectations by the pacing of arcs over the last several years and realize there's no way this is getting finished in two months. If Pete wanted to finish this by August I can't for the life of me understand why he absolutely had to do The Circle arc after he already announced this as his deadline to finish.

Okay, that's not quite true. I guess he felt it was necessary to set up some character stuff for this arc. I get that, but still it was a huge time dump into an arc that only really had a tiny bit that was relevant to the next arc.

^^ This. There's just too much left to resolve.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:40 pm 
To me today's comic looks like Schlock is hiding in the basements akin to pre City 4U.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:04 pm 
I think the spec that he was in space was mistaken, certainly. The spec was based on stars out the window, which have also been seen in multiple other panels including the House of Cheese infiltration and Daiyu's room. The bigger question is why he would be hiding out in a place with windows period. Isn't he too paranoid for that?

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:16 pm 
As someone pointed out in reactions, DoR Schlock was said to have been "backed into a corner" when he created 4U, and this sure looks like backing Schlock into a corner. I sure hope Plan F is a definitive blow, otherwise they're still screwed.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat