Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:34 pm 
Bunny Suction wrote:
- Oasis is not bound by the web (can't find link, but remember this to be the case).

Apprentice Fate Spider: "Oasis is one of the few things that operate outside of the Web! You taught me that!"

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:23 pm 
Okay rolling with a simple one. Sasha has a copy of the hC servers.
Since seeing what hC/Schlock's plans are she now sees why Torg targeted them.

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:51 pm 
Just got back from re-reading oceans unmoving 1 and 2.
Some thoughts occur:
Basic thought; there's more information to be had from timeless space
( I know, duhn duhn duh, but felt it needed to be said, there's so much backstory it's easy to miss whole chapters when thinking about this stuff)
I'd expect another trip to timeless space before we get the full story on Oasis.

More specific, I find a real resemblance between Kada and Sasha. I remember reading spec about Kada and Callix being Torg's parents. Maybe Torg and Sasha are siblings too. If so, we know that Torg is unaware, maybe Sasha is unaware as well.

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:29 am 
Jimmymac wrote:
Just got back from re-reading oceans unmoving 1 and 2.
Some thoughts occur:
Basic thought; there's more information to be had from timeless space
( I know, duhn duhn duh, but felt it needed to be said, there's so much backstory it's easy to miss whole chapters when thinking about this stuff)
I'd expect another trip to timeless space before we get the full story on Oasis.

More specific, I find a real resemblance between Kada and Sasha. I remember reading spec about Kada and Callix being Torg's parents. Maybe Torg and Sasha are siblings too. If so, we know that Torg is unaware, maybe Sasha is unaware as well.

With Kada as the prime example, most of Bun Bun's crew were some type of computer scientist pretending to be pirates.

Mentioning fate spiders/web they contacted Torg while he was​ unconscious in the NoFun basement.

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:47 am 
Bunny Suction wrote:
Tombsy was "like 100 years old" when Riff was growing up:
http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20140704

La'Mort could totally be his daughter.

Okay phew. I knew there was a reason I jumped to the conclusion that Tombsy's daughter could be near Wil's age. I guess you could say Tombsy was the Sully of the group, if you've ever played Uncharted. Which was also very adventure trope heavy. Old guy pilots. Go figure.

Bunny Suction wrote:
So if that's the case, we have Synthea LaMort:
- Master of fate magic
- The head (and probably founder) of the Chilus Cult focused on releasing K'Z'K
- Involved in the early days of the Oasis project
- Appears to be the individual Oasis is "rebirthed" from (maybe)

When Oasis and K'Z'K come together, we have the great tangle, which may result in the destruction of reality itself, through the breaking of the Omega pillar. The spiders believe Uncle Time's efforts to manipulate fate via "Sluggy Freelance" may be behind this:
http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20140711

- Unauthorized life inside the fate web "makes a tangle of everything": http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20130925
- The web "binds the fate of all beings with souls": http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20130507
- Oasis is not bound by the web (can't find link, but remember this to be the case).

The answer to everything has to be somewhere in those pieces. How do they all fit together?

Hmm interesting. Its nearly everything, but feel like there's still something missing. A link running through all this we can't see...

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:51 pm 
Getting a very Oasis-y vibe from Sasha in panel three (her desperate plea to Riff is exactly like Oasis reacts to Torg). I'm not sure what's going on but I think we're learning something about Sasha's true nature here and Cappy Bo is in some way bringing out her "inner Oasis."

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:30 am 
I think Sasha's just playing them and it will take a lot to convince me otherwise. This is a last ditch attempt to get everything in place to complete the Schlock Triangle. That's all that matters. She would reasonably be prepared to give up a lot for that opportunity and she hasn't given up that much yet. Killing an expendable? That's nothing. Telling them that Chen betrayed them? Big deal, how is that a loss for her? It limits how much they can use Chen, but this is the play they decided to go for. Giving up that they know about the digbots? Apparently the digbots haven't led them to Torg and Riff yet. This could actually be their attempt to get something useful out of the digbots. In any event, revealing that they know about the digbots won't be an issue if Sasha can get Riff to trust her. Frankly, I wouldn't trust her unless she gave up something that would cause hC to lose even if she turned traitor afterward, and I can hardly think what that would be.

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:51 am 
I'd find it hard to trust her info about Chen and the digits bots, yet Torg acted on it almost instinctively. Maybe because they'd worked together so long?

Granted, that info was of immediate import, so maybe, the strategic genius that he is, he measured the danger of trusting her against the danger to his plan and made the choice to act accordingly. :torg:

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:22 pm 
I agree. I'd be afraid it was a tactic designed to make them do something stupid and inadvertently reveal their location.

Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:03 am 
Well Torg probably put "macy's day" (haha a balloon parade, damn it I just got that) in place the moment he recruited Chen as a code for going dark, expecting Chen'd snitch on em eventually. But mainly it's the fact that she knows about Chen and the digbots at all that's enough to take her seriously. She could've been bluffing about Chen, or took a wild guess that they're using the digbots, but offering up both is incredibly unlikely unless she knows for real.

In any case, all they'd potentially lose from acting on that info is time. If HC wanted to use the digbots to trace their location, they'd want to keep it a secret that they know.

And here's something to think about: if she's setting them up by getting them to meet her out in the open, that means HC doesn't know their location, otherwise they wouldn't need to draw them out. Which means they'd still want to keep secret that they know about the digbots, just in case a lead pops up. But if her setup requires gaining their trust by telling them HC knows about the digbots, that means HC does know their location in order for that info to be unimportant. Quite the logical conundrum...

Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:38 am 
The links about the fate web told me something I had forgotten:
If Oasis had killed dr. Schlock, it would have empowered the "great tangle" to the point where the web would break.

There is something essential about Schlocks continued existance that provides a way out of the threatening disaster.

Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:17 am 
migB wrote:
If Oasis had killed dr. Schlock, it would have empowered the "great tangle" to the point where the web would break.

There is something essential about Schlocks continued existance that provides a way out of the threatening disaster.

I'd forgotten that too. Where is that?

If anything, it seems to me that Schlock could technically count as "unauthorized life". Oasis too.

But that Tempest line about unauthorized life could also indicate that there's someone alive in the strip that shouldn't be.

Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:39 am 
Kesandru wrote:
But that Tempest line about unauthorized life could also indicate that there's someone alive in the strip that shouldn't be.

Specifically, someone who was created from nothing. The preceding line is, "...all life comes from the Spark itself. Dunuloa simply makes the most wonderful synthetics.

Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:13 pm 
Kesandru wrote:
migB wrote:

http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20090417

I dunno. I did not read that to say that Schlock has to live. Schlock's plans at that time needed to proceed as planned. We do not know how far Schlock's plans need to succeed in order to loosen the big tangle. It is quite possible that continuing to let Schlock's plans succeed at the current time will retighten the tangle. We just don't know at this point.

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:20 am 
swmartian wrote:
Kesandru wrote:
migB wrote:

http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20090417

I dunno. I did not read that to say that Schlock has to live. Schlock's plans at that time needed to proceed as planned. We do not know how far Schlock's plans need to succeed in order to loosen the big tangle. It is quite possible that continuing to let Schlock's plans succeed at the current time will retighten the tangle. We just don't know at this point.

More importantly, at this point we can't even be sure what Schlock's plans actually are. We know it involves Oasis and a DFA satellite, but there's been enough hints dropped to indicate we might not know the full extent of it - we *think* it's 4U City, but for all we know, Schlock could know all about Mohkadun and K'Z'K and this could be all about that, and have nothing at all to do with ruling the world or 4U City.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat