Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:07 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
I could buy that. Schlock really freaked out over losing that satellite.

I thought that too...unless something has happened in the interim.

Yodimus_Prime wrote:

...of course, that assumes Riff gave her a working laser cannon.

Good point! It could be some kind of test of her honesty.

Last edited by randomlanguage on Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:52 am 
That seems like a rather pointless question considering that she wasn't armed with the laser cannon until after she told the lie.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:51 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
That seems like a rather pointless question considering that she wasn't armed with the laser cannon until after she told the lie.

Not so much testing her honesty about the satellite-building space station, but rather her honesty about no longer working for hC.

I think he hid a bug in the inflatable laser cannon. Or that it works, but not against him (special targeting parameters or somesuch).

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:36 pm 
I think the point is less about whether or not she's going to kill him, but that he just gave her permission to kill Oasis. And we know what that means...

She can now do that, and go back to pretending to be on their side (i.e., continuing to spy) with no one the wiser - until it's too late...

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:21 am 
My prediction for tomorrow is that they get out of the damn hotel room! It's less a prediction than it is a plea for my sanity
I normally don't grumble about story progression, but for being ONLY THREE MONTHS AWAY from the big climax, things suuuure are moving at a slow pace! :|

I'll limit my ranting to that since this isn't really the place for it, and if I keep this up there's a good chance I'll turn into the Zylonbane of the spec forum. But as hard as I try, I genuinely don't see how the story will have time to fit in everything that has to happen when it just took six months to set up three plot points. Either Pete's gonna have to do some really clever storytelling soon, or just lay it out there that this is gonna take a lot longer to tell than he initially predicted.

My bet is that we get to August and still have at least another month of key story left to conclude

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:04 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
My prediction for tomorrow is that they get out of the damn hotel room! It's less a prediction than it is a plea for my sanity

For the record, they were actually out of the hotel room yesterday (6/5), but standing in the hallway is just as bad, yeah. Your point remains valid.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:46 am 
Sasha's going to die by knife, Riff's going to kill Oasis with the exploding laser cannon (after "rejoining" HeretiCorp to give her a reason to pick it up) and Schlock gets his scans.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:49 am 
Thom Solo wrote:
I think he hid a bug in the inflatable laser cannon. Or that it works, but not against him (special targeting parameters or somesuch).

Oh, wow! I actually got one with the bug in the laser cannon! :riff:

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:11 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
Thom Solo wrote:

Oh, wow! I actually got one with the bug in the laser cannon! :riff:

Good job!

I think Torg is going to say "What? What?!" (trying to get Riff to answer on the phone) and then run toward the south as well.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:16 am 
Yes, I meant the hotel as a whole but my brain wasn't cooperating with me. Of course, my prediction can only ever be half-right now, because Sasha officially never got out of that hotel. Alive at least :\

Kesandru wrote:
Sasha's going to die by knife...

points!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:26 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
As Sasha is falling, she pulls the knife out and stabs/kills Oasis.

Yeah, probably not, but I can hope.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:47 am 
I think Riff will feel very guilty and conflicted...

But he's sure to open the door to the stairs any minute and see what happened--I worry about what Oasis will do when she sees him.
Hopefully, Riff still has Torg on speakerphone to talk her down. But Riff doesn't always think straight when he is emotional.

I think that's where will end for tomorrow's cliffhanger.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:40 pm 
Moment of truth! Does Sasha have freaky abnormal healing powers or not!? Is she going to live or die?

I'm going with freaky abnormal healing powers. She got her wits about her way to fast when she was 'drugged' by Monicruel and went from zombie to secret agent shoot Riff in the face. She also seemed to heal very quickly during the minion master arc where she dated Sam briefly and he almost ate her.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:47 pm 
Well, I hope she doesn't die, but I bet we don't find out for sure till Monday, because Friday cliff hanger.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:29 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Yes, I meant the hotel as a whole but my brain wasn't cooperating with me. Of course, my prediction can only ever be half-right now, because Sasha officially never got out of that hotel. Alive at least :\

Kesandru wrote:
Sasha's going to die by knife...

points!

Well, I was wrong about the second part, but I think I'll be right about the third prediction. Riff probably had more than one inflatable weapon, and he wasn't very far behind Sasha.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat