Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:01 am 
I noticed people assuming that in reactions too. But nah, I don't think Sasha is the kind of agent who recklessly leaves behind something she doesn't understand when capturing a known magic user. Tactics 102: if the enemy is doing something you don't understand, do it too.

swmartian wrote:
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
...finding and tracking Oasis is the higher priority, and Gwynn knows that info.

Yeah, but something tells me that Gwynn isn't going to be giving that info up too easily... And Sasha should know that. Just sayin'...

Yeah all the more reason to target Gwynn. Sasha knows she'd be the most against allying with Oasis. So besides the fact that torturing Gwynn is HC's favorite pastime, actual negotiation can possibly take place. Notice we're still in the turncoat sub chapter?

Spirantz wrote:
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Sin'Thea is an easy target to capture, er...negotiate a business arrangement with.

A witch who controls fate magic.
...How do you figure?

It's only implied, but I'm pretty sure she worked with Chen and Steve at Orsintos. HC shouldn't have a tough time getting her on their side unless they really mess up. Which, fair play, is totally still a possibility. Hell they might even completely ignore her, who knows. The point is Oasis takes precedence.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:49 am 
I'd rather see the shopkeep come to save her potential customer. I know, unlikely. But if she can remove Oasis from the fate web, perhaps she could move Poopypants to a new location (outside of Gwynn). A cursed person could dream!

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:10 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
I noticed people assuming that in reactions too. But nah, I don't think Sasha is the kind of agent who recklessly leaves behind something she doesn't understand when capturing a known magic user. Tactics 102: if the enemy is doing something you don't understand, do it too.

It looks like a potted plant. Why would it even register as something she doesn't understand? I think you're really pushing it from your own knowledge rather than what it would look like to an outsider. If Sasha followed that kind of tactics, she'd have to play gravitational dart ninjas and a hundred other strange things way before she got to the only slightly quirky carry a plant around in the car with you that has a weird name on its label. She hasn't seen Gwynn in forever. She doesn't know that she takes the plant with her everywhere. I'll grant you that her spy skills mean that she probably notices the plant there whereas most people probably wouldn't notice that, but she can hardly be paralyzed by everything she notices. Just because she notices a plant doesn't mean there's the slightest reason to tie it to Gwynn's magic or ascribe any importance to it whatsoever.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:01 am 
So Golbez, to simplify things, shall we make the bet: if the Captain is left there, you win; if the Captain goes with Sasha, I win? :D
(Since we're not gonna find out for a week)

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:36 pm 
I sense that this week will be all about Riff, his plan and his foibles, before we flip back to the promised reveal about what happened to Gwynn.

I also sense/hope that there will be an eventual re-convergence of the team.

If things go wrong with Oasis, I think Torg will reach out to Riff...but I don't think Riff will reach out to Torg unless something hits rock-bottom. He's always been more independent in the research and development phase. (With all the unfortunate associations we now have of that phrase). But they might run into each other mid some kind of turmoil and regroup that way.

If Gwynn is out for the count right now, what about Zoe? Does Sasha know where she is?

The Cappy issue has been discussed a lot, but it does worry me.

At least Riff still considers Torg a "friend" in spite of their recent argument.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:11 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:
At least Riff still considers Torg a "friend" in spite of their recent argument.

Do not target for extermination == you are a friend.

lol. I love the low bar for friendship!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:35 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
So Golbez, to simplify things, shall we make the bet: if the Captain is left there, you win; if the Captain goes with Sasha, I win? :D
(Since we're not gonna find out for a week)

Sounds fair to me. Frankly, I think the only reason Pete even made sure to show the Captain in that strip was because it was going to be left behind.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:56 am 
Wouldn't be surprised if Chen was still playing both sides and someone from Torg-faction drops in for the rescue and takes Sasha prisoner. I can't figure out any motivation for that though, unless it's a long-play trust game.

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:12 pm 
I could totally see him playing both sides.

So, speaking of playing both sides, I've got some fresh new wild spec! I was looking through the end of the Mohkadun chapter, and realized something. All throughout that chapter we're made to believe "Tombsy" is still alive because we're not told it's a nickname. Then it's revealed he's been dead for a long time and Wilcott has simply moved on to calling his daughter that. Simple enough. Plus we learn Wil and her were playing both factions of demons against each other to keep them focused on the goal of resurrecting KZK. Okay, makes sense, although that means he and/or Tombsy's daughter gotta know a thing or two about how fate works, in order to get the right people in the right place. Wil and Riff are direct descendants of the God of Justice, so that works out for them, but what about her? Well, we also learn one more thing about her from Riff. Her name is Cynthia.

Cynthia. With the nickname Tombsy. TOMBsy. Like death. Like La Mort.

I predict Sin'Thea La Mort will turn out to be Cynthia "Tombsy" La Mort, leader of the Demon cult, master of Fate magic, and biological mother (er...Rebirth) to Oasis, Crushestro's girlfriend, and a former member of Torg's operation. She's not just playing 'both' sides, she's playing ALL sides.

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:55 pm 
Whoa. This is probably true. It fits too well for it to not be. Great catch! It's rare that I say this about spec, especially spec that didn't seem blatantly obvious already, but I'd be more surprised if this didn't turn out to be true.

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:27 pm 
Wow. Just wow. Those are some amazing ideas! I will have to go back and re-read that chapter...I mean those chapters, I guess, for you referenced a lot.

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:13 am 
I think after this cliffhanger, we will be switched back over to someone else's perspective. Aylee, maybe

Last edited by randomlanguage on Fri May 05, 2017 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:15 am 
Sasha working for or related to La'Mort maaaaaybe?

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:30 am 
I think from what we've seen and know about La'Mort, she should be too old to be Tombsy's daughter. She has at least two confirmed daughters of her own, after all, both of which seem to be at least in their 20s or older.

Still, that would tie a LOT of things together in a neat way if it were true, and the Oasis and K'Z'K storylines do need to mesh at some point.

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:02 pm 
Kesandru wrote:
I think from what we've seen and know about La'Mort, she should be too old to be Tombsy's daughter. She has at least two confirmed daughters of her own, after all, both of which seem to be at least in their 20s or older.

Still, that would tie a LOT of things together in a neat way if it were true, and the Oasis and K'Z'K storylines do need to mesh at some point.

Tombsy was "like 100 years old" when Riff was growing up:
http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20140704

La'Mort could totally be his daughter.

So if that's the case, we have Synthea LaMort:
- Master of fate magic
- The head (and probably founder) of the Chilus Cult focused on releasing K'Z'K
- Involved in the early days of the Oasis project
- Appears to be the individual Oasis is "rebirthed" from (maybe)

When Oasis and K'Z'K come together, we have the great tangle, which may result in the destruction of reality itself, through the breaking of the Omega pillar. The spiders believe Uncle Time's efforts to manipulate fate via "Sluggy Freelance" may be behind this:
http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20140711

- Unauthorized life inside the fate web "makes a tangle of everything": http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20130925
- The web "binds the fate of all beings with souls": http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20130507
- Oasis is not bound by the web (can't find link, but remember this to be the case).

The answer to everything has to be somewhere in those pieces. How do they all fit together?

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat