Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:00 pm 
Kesandru wrote:
More importantly, at this point we can't even be sure what Schlock's plans actually are. We know it involves Oasis and a DFA satellite, but there's been enough hints dropped to indicate we might not know the full extent of it - we *think* it's 4U City, but for all we know, Schlock could know all about Mohkadun and K'Z'K and this could be all about that, and have nothing at all to do with ruling the world or 4U City.

Forgive my lapse in memory if this is the case, but have the servants of K'Z'K ever interacted with hC in ways that hC is aware of? Apart from the connection to Gwynn, I mean.

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:11 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:
Forgive my lapse in memory if this is the case, but have the servants of K'Z'K ever interacted with hC in ways that hC is aware of? Apart from the connection to Gwynn, I mean.

I don't think so, the fate spiders killed Erin to prevent that from happening.

The only possible connections I can think of are:

Through Strom, but I don't think he went back to HC after working for the cult.

Or from Schlock's knowledge of his futures past.

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:28 am 
There was also the near-miss when HC was staking out the same building the demon cult was during Mohkadun. Luckily they failed to notice each other. But we do know for sure that HC and the demon cult interacting is a BAD thing. Which means it's guaranteed to happen at some point in this chapter.

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:29 am 
Strom was investigating the cult. It was implied they didn't know the cult = K'Z'K. The was a couple of references namely Monica/Erin and a separate​ exchange between Schlock and Kusari.

On a tangent question.

Did we ever find out Torg's pawn 2&3?

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:31 pm 
yurak wrote:
Strom was investigating the cult. It was implied they didn't know the cult = K'Z'K. The was a couple of references namely Monica/Erin and a separate​ exchange between Schlock and Kusari

Was Strom investigating the cult for HC? I didn't catch / don't remember that.

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 4:42 pm 
Jimmymac wrote:
yurak wrote:
Strom was investigating the cult. It was implied they didn't know the cult = K'Z'K. The was a couple of references namely Monica/Erin and a separate​ exchange between Schlock and Kusari

http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20100318

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:45 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
I think Sasha's just playing them and it will take a lot to convince me otherwise. This is a last ditch attempt to get everything in place to complete the Schlock Triangle. That's all that matters. She would reasonably be prepared to give up a lot for that opportunity and she hasn't given up that much yet. Killing an expendable? That's nothing. Telling them that Chen betrayed them? Big deal, how is that a loss for her? It limits how much they can use Chen, but this is the play they decided to go for. Giving up that they know about the digbots? Apparently the digbots haven't led them to Torg and Riff yet. This could actually be their attempt to get something useful out of the digbots. In any event, revealing that they know about the digbots won't be an issue if Sasha can get Riff to trust her. Frankly, I wouldn't trust her unless she gave up something that would cause hC to lose even if she turned traitor afterward, and I can hardly think what that would be.

I think she is planning on killing Oasis actually.

Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:20 am 
swmartian wrote:
Jimmymac wrote:
yurak wrote:

http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20100318

Thanks

Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:29 pm 
ramoss wrote:
Lord Golbez wrote:
I think Sasha's just playing them and it will take a lot to convince me otherwise. This is a last ditch attempt to get everything in place to complete the Schlock Triangle. That's all that matters. She would reasonably be prepared to give up a lot for that opportunity and she hasn't given up that much yet. Killing an expendable? That's nothing. Telling them that Chen betrayed them? Big deal, how is that a loss for her? It limits how much they can use Chen, but this is the play they decided to go for. Giving up that they know about the digbots? Apparently the digbots haven't led them to Torg and Riff yet. This could actually be their attempt to get something useful out of the digbots. In any event, revealing that they know about the digbots won't be an issue if Sasha can get Riff to trust her. Frankly, I wouldn't trust her unless she gave up something that would cause hC to lose even if she turned traitor afterward, and I can hardly think what that would be.

That actually makes sense. That would be something that Pete is alluding to (the whole Chen conversation)... And she'd have to know that (1) Riff wouldn't be able to resist, (2) Torg wouldn't let him go alone, and (3) Torg would bring Oasis for "protection" (all pretty obvious, especially in retrospect ;-)). But it's not easy to kill Oasis, she would need one helluva plan....

<Goes off in search of popcorn...>

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:08 am 
ramoss wrote:
Lord Golbez wrote:

That would be consistent with "playing them" as far as I'm concerned and sounds likely, but I somewhat doubt she would hesitate to throw killing Riff into the mix.

Spec: This is where Torg decides to make the only move that could make his plan dumber by latching onto the "without backup" part of Izzy's criticism as what needs fixing. The backup? Bun-Bun.

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:28 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
Kesandru wrote:
More importantly, at this point we can't even be sure what Schlock's plans actually are. We know it involves Oasis and a DFA satellite, but there's been enough hints dropped to indicate we might not know the full extent of it - we *think* it's 4U City, but for all we know, Schlock could know all about Mohkadun and K'Z'K and this could be all about that, and have nothing at all to do with ruling the world or 4U City.

I could swear there was some project mentioned before or during the Mohkadun chapter that indicated some sort of connection hC had to something going on in that geographic area. Started with an "I" if I remember right, I just can't remember what it was or if it was for certain hC who mentioned it. But I think it was the original reason Strom was there in the first place.

Now I have to go reread the story.

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:54 am 
Strom was there because he got recruited into the chilus cult and tracked where the Sluggy crew was going for them. I don't know anything about an hC project, but if there was one it would seem to be coincidental.

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:28 am 
It was "Tunisia" I was thinking of, but I can't remember who mentioned it.

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:31 am 
Tunisia was the place though. Are you saying it was also the name of a project?

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:40 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
There was also the near-miss when HC was staking out the same building the demon cult was during Mohkadun. Luckily they failed to notice each other. But we do know for sure that HC and the demon cult interacting is a BAD thing. Which means it's guaranteed to happen at some point in this chapter.

You're probably right...Yikes.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat