Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:22 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Based on the small portion of the window we can see in the comic for the 27th, it looks lilke Schlock is in orbit. Which isn't a big surprise, he's pulled that trick before...

Post Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:49 am 
Given that Schlock has turned space into a field of battle, is that really the safest place for him to be?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:23 am 
smilingfox wrote:
:riff: has been to 4uCity and knows about the nanites. Schlock doesn't know where Riff went. Did Sasha ever get the 4uCity story? I don't think she did... So I think that may give our guys the edge...

I was thinking about that. Initially I was thinking EMP akin to Alyee Vs Dr Crabtree and what DoR Riff did to NotN Riff . Wipe the nanite out.
Now that there's Oasis warnings I'm wondering if they've duplicated & decoyed the nanites.
I'm also thinking Sasha may still cause action from the grave. "Senator's wife assassinated" or something along them lines. If hC is tied to her death in someway it all starts looking a bit dodgy.

Schlok in space feels correct. He's in a crappy fold down cot and the entire room looks riveted together
If it's not in outer space he's the other side of the planet in a caravan/trailer home. Makes sense for Schlock to be hiding from Riff. Will Riff's Schlock hunting skills work?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:44 am 
Unfortunately the nanites don't stick around. They need to detect the radioactive isotope and figure out how to deal with that. EMP won't solve it. Fortunately, that should not be terribly difficult to detect if they are doing any kind of scanning.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:06 am 
Part of me just can't help thinking that F is for Flash Mob. Because that'd be just pure Torg.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:43 am 
yurak wrote:
smilingfox wrote:
:riff: has been to 4uCity and knows about the nanites. Schlock doesn't know where Riff went. Did Sasha ever get the 4uCity story? I don't think she did... So I think that may give our guys the edge...

I was thinking about that. Initially I was thinking EMP akin to Alyee Vs Dr Crabtree and what DoR Riff did to NotN Riff . Wipe the nanite out.
Now that there's Oasis warnings I'm wondering if they've duplicated & decoyed the nanites.
I'm also thinking Sasha may still cause action from the grave. "Senator's wife assassinated" or something along them lines. If hC is tied to her death in someway it all starts looking a bit dodgy.

Schlok in space feels correct. He's in a crappy fold down cot and the entire room looks riveted together
If it's not in outer space he's the other side of the planet in a caravan/trailer home. Makes sense for Schlock to be hiding from Riff. Will Riff's Schlock hunting skills work?

Could be, but he did show up at Frog's place for Christmas eggnog. He could also be underneath Dr Steve's lab in the chamber where Riff found old Riff in 4U.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:47 am 
I'm thinking that this is likely to end up with another showdown between Kusari and Oasis.

That didn't end well for Kusari last time. It's also possible that this is where Kusari is finally (posthumously) unmasked.

It's good to see Torg back in charge they have a much better chance with him driving. He has a much wider focus than Riff and uses everybody's strengths, as opposed to Riff's lone wolf MO.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:55 am 
If this is approaching endgame, there's still a whole bunch of players in the wings.

Strom
Riff's dad, 'Tombsy' and the two demon cults
Sam, Sylvia and Urja (who no doubt has respawned a whole army of Vrykolakas drones by now)
The Strakoistat
The spider gang
The gods/demigods - the current incarnations of Rana, Dunuloa, Krig and Uncle Time
Poopypants
Cappy Bo
The OU cast from Timeless space

Post Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:00 pm 
I'm pondering and feeling a little like I'm flogging a dead horse or repeating previous spec.
Sasha. Dead and a true saviour to hC. Yet her allegiance was to hC, not any of its CEOs. I'm wondering if there was outside source/plan, eg getting Oasis.
Should Schlock be in space then tipping the gang off to a DFA Space factory may put them in the right location to hit Schlock.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:29 pm 
erewhon wrote:
If this is approaching endgame, there's still a whole bunch of players in the wings.

Strom
Riff's dad, 'Tombsy' and the two demon cults
Sam, Sylvia and Urja (who no doubt has respawned a whole army of Vrykolakas drones by now)
The Strakoistat
The spider gang
The gods/demigods - the current incarnations of Rana, Dunuloa, Krig and Uncle Time
Poopypants
Cappy Bo
The OU cast from Timeless space

I don't think everything will be resolved by the "end". Most of your list seems to involve the non-HeretiCorp plotline of the strip.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:02 am 
Kesandru wrote:

... Most of your list seems to involve the non-HeretiCorp plotline of the strip.

Exactly. This has never only been about HC vs Nifty

A line of Brain Rammer's from DoR occurs to me. 'The R&D wars unleashed a mutated monster outsider army'

Also Schlock's original dimension was wiped out by a K'zk type demon and his whole game is to prevent that happening in this one.

This stuff is all tied together

Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:11 am 
I will be disappointed but unsurprised if the gods/holidays don't come into play by the end of August. All Ocean's Unmoving stuff will happen after the main storyline ends - Pete actually talked about that way back when OU2 ended. But the demon cults have to show up, because them interacting with HeretiCorp is an important Bad Thing™, and it's unlikely HeretiCorp will be around after this storyline is over. Also for what it's worth, Schlock came from the future and wiped it out by breaking the timeline. So it wasn't a KZK "type" demon, it was KZK.

We aren't getting to hear what Torg's plan is. That's extremely promising that the plan will succeed (it helps that we already know it made headlines)
I keep thinking about what the 'F' could stand for.
Plan "Fired" as in firing Schlock as CEO somehow and ordering Kusari to kill everyone, a la Chen's greatest hits. I'm leaning in this direction because it's a horrible deed Torg can do with a single sentence, but I have no idea how Torg could've managed to sneak his way into having majority vote on the board behind Schlock's paranoid back
Plan "Frack" as in physically undermine the compound with the digbots
Plan "Furlough" as in defund HC so everyone quits.
Plan "Freebird" distract HC into uselessness with an epic guitar solo
Plan "Fondue" attack HC with burning hot cheese
Plan "Forfeiture" get HC audited so they'll lose all their assets for not being properly registered as supervillains
Plan "Frog" use Riff's knowledge to flip Schlock's only trusted employee by telling him about the Corsicas - this one's dumb enough that it could totally work too

Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:24 am 
Nothing's going to be wrapped up by the end of August. Absolutely nothing. Not even this current arc. Let's modulate expectations by the pacing of arcs over the last several years and realize there's no way this is getting finished in two months. If Pete wanted to finish this by August I can't for the life of me understand why he absolutely had to do The Circle arc after he already announced this as his deadline to finish.

Okay, that's not quite true. I guess he felt it was necessary to set up some character stuff for this arc. I get that, but still it was a huge time dump into an arc that only really had a tiny bit that was relevant to the next arc.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:13 am 
Plan F = Flux?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:37 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Nothing's going to be wrapped up by the end of August. Absolutely nothing. Not even this current arc. Let's modulate expectations by the pacing of arcs over the last several years and realize there's no way this is getting finished in two months. If Pete wanted to finish this by August I can't for the life of me understand why he absolutely had to do The Circle arc after he already announced this as his deadline to finish.

Okay, that's not quite true. I guess he felt it was necessary to set up some character stuff for this arc. I get that, but still it was a huge time dump into an arc that only really had a tiny bit that was relevant to the next arc.

Coz Sam's da kiiiiing!

Schlock wrapped up in two months, maybes. There'll be a hundred other loose ends to wrap up later. I'm curious to know the post 20 plan

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat