Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:06 pm 
Jimmymac wrote:
From reactions:

Quote:
zhecht wrote:
ZAPPO?

Who ZAPPO'd? And to where?

Jimmymac wrote:
Holy Rusted Metal Batman!!

Totally missed that. Good eyes.
And it's after Schlock asked what's going on. Does he have the time travel thing perfected ala Drake and Tyler? ..... Ahhh quick Batman, to the Spec-mobile!

Remember, they did 'in time instead of dimension'. What if Schlock went either back or forward in time?

Dhnananana...

Could Schlock be Admiral John Jacobs????

Mind blown...

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:48 pm 
We've seen John Jacobs before, right? He's a pretty big guy? Not that old? Doesn't look like Schlock at all?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:46 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
We've seen John Jacobs before, right? He's a pretty big guy? Not that old? Doesn't look like Schlock at all?

Admiral Sir John Jacobs is actually Frog in a mech suit.

....I don't actually believe that, no. ;)

Lord Golbez (in the Kusari thread) wrote:
I feel like they need a face-to-face with Schlock, so I doubt he'll die before that. Besides, his being offsite is consistent with his paranoid nature.

Agreed. Just because he's clearly reacting with alarm and surprise to something, it does not automatically follow that he's reacting to hC HQ collapsing. He could very well be looking at the "new signal" that appeared on his screen and wondering what is actually going on with Oasis and rebirth.

It would be a nice Pete fakeout.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:05 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
Lord Golbez wrote:

Admiral Sir John Jacobs is actually Frog in a mech suit.

....I don't actually believe that, no. ;)

I don't either, but I somehow find it more plausible than him being Schlock in disguise. However, if he can be Frog in a mech suit, he can easily be someone else in a mech suit, and I would be more amused if it were Bun-Bun in disguise after ending up in Timeless Space for a third time. After turning up in Timeless Space for a third time Bun-Bun decides the only way to make sure it doesn't happen again is to force the Clotho Legacy and, thus, Admiral Sir John Jacobs is born. :p

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:34 pm 
I don't think Schlock is in the building--he's still talking to Gilda, hearing her and seeing what's happening, but not experiencing it.

I think when hC falls, Schlock will actually have to talk directly with Torg.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:04 am 
Jimmymac wrote:
Oh I agree, but it's fun to spec, and with Pete, you never know.

Also I really liked Oceans Unmoving, and it feels (to me) like a lot of the missing answers are hanging out there, so I tend to jump at possible connections. YMMV.

Timeless space was important in DoR as well. And DoR Izzy was homing in on something just before the end of that storyline (Panel 5&6)

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:07 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
I thought that was just a sinking DFA/REA randomly firing. Schlock as John Jacobs makes no sense and not everyone has to be someone else.

it might also have been Elton's flux work in R&D going off in his face due to the building shakes. Also there is a large cloud of smoke emanating from that area in the next panel, perhaps from his colleague's volatile 'Vial of Boom'

Last edited by erewhon on Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:56 am 
Marcus wrote:
erewhon wrote:
I'm kinda wondering if the reason the Digbots finished the hole early is that it's a lot smaller than a 'mile deep grave' and the base lands moderately intact like 100m down

Ummm I can pretty much guarenttee no building will drop 100 meters and even close to be moderatly intact. The bigger it is, the more kinetic energy it'll have to pancake itself.... an earthquake can drop a building only centimeters but it'll become mush.

The speed at impact of a 50,000 ton building will be approx 44 m/s, will take 4.5 secs to impact and have 49,000,000,000 joules of energy ... or 11 tons of TNT. Now it's likely the Herenti Corp building is heavier as the average skyscraper weighs in aat 225,000 tons - and then you have the fact the roof will just want to pile drive whatever is below it even harder into the ground. Plus removing any form of support structure below a buidling? It folds.

For comparision the Tianjin explosion was estimated to have and equivalent of 21 tons of TNT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hVEtcXXipo

Even dropping one meter is going to convert a whoooole lot of potential into kinetic energy.

Basically anyone inside the Herenti Corp will need to have superpowers to live.

Cartoon Physics!! :-)

But yeah, you're right. Though if it doesn't fall too far some of the more robust stuff and possible some forms of data storage might survive.

If they D0 fall a mile, then there will be some free-fall time for everyone before the roof meets the floor. Could make for some interesting panels...

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:15 am 
I'm wondering if Frog was terminated when Kusari 'cleaned house'.

It doesn't seem all that likely, given his apparent closeness to Schlock, but there would seem to be a lot of empty places at the board table.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:22 am 
The probability that Schlock is actually on that DFA-making space station Sasha mentioned just shot WAY up.
At least one of the REAs wound up being outside the perimeter of the collapse. Schlock will no doubt order it to continue carrying out Operation Hell Unleashed. Well...he'll have to change the name to Heck Unleashed now that it's just the one.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:09 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
The probability that Schlock is actually on that DFA-making space station Sasha mentioned just shot WAY up.
At least one of the REAs wound up being outside the perimeter of the collapse. Schlock will no doubt order it to continue carrying out Operation Hell Unleashed. Well...he'll have to change the name to Heck Unleashed now that it's just the one.

I think at least couple of the Condor REA's got airborne, no doubt going after Riff, BunBun & Aylee as well, though comms may have been disrupted by the collapse so Schlock may not have any contact with ANY of his units for a bit and they may be in disarray until he can get the lines open.

Remember he wasn't directing ops, that was Ms. Mesinger at the base. Nor was he in direct contact with Kusari and Chen, he had to ask if they were in position.

Also, if Daedelus doesn't survive then Oasis control via watch just got MUCH more difficult. That's assuming of course that Chen was telling the whole truth. He may know how to reset such a watch to his own voice patterns.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:58 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:

Dragons are from Heck.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:23 am 
erewhon wrote:
Also, if Daedelus doesn't survive then Oasis control via watch just got MUCH more difficult. That's assuming of course that Chen was telling the whole truth. He may know how to reset such a watch to his own voice patterns.

That depends on what happens when Daedelus dies. He is a rebirth, after all.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:46 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Kesandru wrote:
That depends on what happens when Daedelus dies. He is a rebirth, after all.
Now wouldn't that suck for Schlock if that would happen? This whole time he could of just found the rebirth facility by killing Daedelus instead of wasting years trying to find Oasis.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:56 am 
There's zero chance that Daedalus (whether he has multiple rebirths or not) is a suitable substitute for Oasis. It's pretty clear that she's uniquely important.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat