Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:25 pm 
Whelp...my hopes for Sasha living are very dead after today's comic. I think Riff is going to without a doubt kill Oasis. Schlock will get what he wanted, whether he planned it this way or not. :(

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:52 pm 
I think he already got what he wanted. Take a close look at panels one and two and then think back to what Marcus Chen's primary task has been (I can't take credit for this by the way, Sotanaht called it in the reaction thread).

Sasha opened the window and wore the logo on purpose. She knew she was going to be killed. It was a kamikaze sacrifice to achieve what Shlock needed done.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:55 pm 
He wants the rebirth facility too though, I think. For that he needs her to die. Riff will probably be all too willing to oblige.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:11 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
He wants the rebirth facility too though, I think. For that he needs her to die. Riff will probably be all too willing to oblige.

Yeah, I'll be amazed if Monday's strip doesn't involve laser blasts or possibly even Oasis' shocked expression (and head) being blown off by an enraged Riff.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:20 am 
Bunny Suction wrote:
I think he already got what he wanted. Take a close look at panels one and two and then think back to what Marcus Chen's primary task has been (I can't take credit for this by the way, Sotanaht called it in the reaction thread).

Sasha opened the window and wore the logo on purpose. She knew she was going to be killed. It was a kamikaze sacrifice to achieve what Shlock needed done.

Could be, but in the previous strip as she fell forward, her hand is open. And Chen's tracer/transponder can only usefully be applied at the Rebirth Facility, so it wasn't that. Unless she had some kind of topical poison to ensure Oasis dies, I suspect Sasha's mysteries will go with her to the grave. Oasis is on her way to being dead either way

Torg will be convinced Sasha was going to backstab them, and Riff will be convinced Oasis destroyed a potential - if suspect - ally. The readers will never know for sure, and we'll debate it for years to come, long after the comic has ended and the site closed down...

Or we're gonna find out next week

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:38 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Bunny Suction wrote:

And Chen's tracer/transponder can only usefully be applied at the Rebirth Facility, so it wasn't that.

I could be wrong, but I'm inclined to say that we don't know that for sure. Chen's plan was to apply it there, but I'm not certain that was necessary. Still, I agree your interpretation seems to make the most sense. If they could apply it anywhere, it seems that they would have done it when they had her before Strom killed her. I think they actually did apply a transponder then though. Chen said the final one. Which suggests others have already been deployed.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:13 am 
In this comic Chen says he needs to be at the Rebirth facility to apply those devices to Oasis. Now I'm not sayin he's trustworthy, but it doesn't really make sense to lie about that. Remember all they need to do to find the facility is use their satellite coverage to watch a 5 mile radius around Steve's lab the moment she dies. Since Schlock already has the data on what to look for, there's no additional trickery needed that Sasha would be required to perform before killing her.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:02 am 
That's not what he says. He says "I''ll be able to." That might imply, but it's definitely not the same as saying "you need this in order to apply them." Plus, Schlock doesn't want to go along with Chen's plan 100% because he know he'll betray him. Playing devil's advocate (because I think most likely it does need to be placed at the rebirth facility), that could be a reason to have Sasha apply it before Oasis is killed.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:19 pm 
If Sasha did open the windows on purpose and intended to sacrifice herself to Oasis for Hereti Corp it makes me wonder what the heck kind of hold Hereti Corp has on her. It takes some loyalty to die for a cause. Or brainwashing.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:18 am 
It also doesn't strike me as the most efficient way to get Oasis killed, or even guarantee her death. Riff might be pissed, but his ultimate response to this may still be "C'mon Oasis, help me move the body"

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:46 am 
Well, it's a bit of a long shot, but I'm betting Sasha is Kusari, and that more than one Kusari body/clone can be active at one time, allowing her to be in multiple places at once.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:33 pm 
Spec one is the macabre route.
Riff fails to use his brain. After getting carved​ up by Oasis he discovers he does have a heart after seeing it removed and promptly joins Sasha on the stairs in Romeo and Juliet tribute.

To be honest I'm hoping for; Riff calms Oasis and send her to Torg. Riff gets Sasha to some medical care, she survives at least long enough to truly drop the bombshell.

A separate spec: Gwyn returns to La'Mort's place and the gang connect the dots between her and Oasis.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:12 am 
I'm getting really worried for Riff. It feels like he's really ramping up for a self-sacrifice arc and especially knowing that Riff is based on Pete's friend who passed away... I'm not sure how things are going to land.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:48 am 
Cow_k wrote:
I'm getting really worried for Riff. It feels like he's really ramping up for a self-sacrifice arc.

As soon as you said that, that worry built in me too...I hope not, but he has been working alone for awhile now, without feeling the support of his friends, with the pressure of 4U City weighing on him, and now this...

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:07 am 
Riff will be fine, I think. He has someone else he can rely on (Izzy) to pull him up (at least until Pete removes her).

As it is, I can't see what is next on this directly, but it seems obvious Oasis will get her chance to die (permanently) in the future, and be thankful for it due to her growing guilt of being a weapon to kill so many innocent people.

Separately, I still wonder if Torg will die in the very end, transported back in time with his memory lost to become the Warlord of Mercia and married to Lady Valerie, only to be slain prior in battle in a very Torg-like way. I LIKE the fact Torg and Zoe are finally together, but Pete is the end-all for his story, so it will still be interesting to see.

I expect even Aylee will be gone in the end somehow.

Does anyone have a list of the remaining characters besides our four intrepid heroes and one bunny of power?

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat