Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:14 am 
In the DoR he probably also had a functioning orbital DFA. It's unclear if he does now or not.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:38 am 
(If Sasha can be believed, there's a satellite factory in orbit making more DFA satellites, so most likely there's an unlimited supply of bad.)

Short-term spec: The Shoddie-assault is a feint, with the real assault happening elsewhere.

Long-term spec: Shlock already has medical repair nanites keeping him alive, and he's using them already to make his minions appear disposable.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:22 am 
Zarzar wrote:
(If Sasha can be believed, there's a satellite factory in orbit making more DFA satellites, so most likely there's an unlimited supply of bad.)

Short-term spec: The Shoddie-assault is a feint, with the real assault happening elsewhere.

Long-term spec: Shlock already has medical repair nanites keeping him alive, and he's using them already to make his minions appear disposable.

If that long-term spec proves true, it is only a matter of time until Sasha shows up again.
If she does, I wonder if she will be able to recover herself (like Riff did in 4U City), or does she just stay 'evil.'

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:12 pm 
Apart from this vague meeting has Torg ever actually met Frog? I'm assuming Riff may have mentioned the nut job frog whom shot DoR Schlock's dead body, but that may have been missed.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:24 pm 
Zarzar wrote:

The part that's unclear is how long the factory takes to make one.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:20 pm 
yurak wrote:
Apart from this vague meeting has Torg ever actually met Frog? I'm assuming Riff may have mentioned the nut job frog whom shot DoR Schlock's dead body, but that may have been missed.

That wasn't even Frog. It was Corsica (not sure if it was the original, probably not). Look at the at the comic directly before that one.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:25 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Nothing's going to be wrapped up by the end of August. Absolutely nothing. Not even this current arc.

On August 25 Pete will give us the mother of all cliff hangers - either hC or the answer to Oasis, or etc. And then he'll shut sluggy down, leaving us hanging forever.... 'cuz Pete is evil.

randomlanguage wrote:
I'd be perfectly content with this storyline extending past the two month wrap up!

Glad to see some sanity injected into the midst of all the whining.

Pete has already hinted that sluggy won't end - it will just be 'different'. I doubt he's putting in the effort of redesigning the website just to store archives. Sluggy will continue; it will just slow down - at least to a more normal webcomic rate.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:44 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
yurak wrote:

That wasn't even Frog. It was Corsica (not sure if it was the original, probably not). Look at the at the comic directly before that one.

Thank you for letting me know. As it happened I remembered later, because Gerano kept Corsica around to wind up Frog

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:07 am 
swmartian wrote:
Pete has already hinted that sluggy won't end - it will just be 'different'. I doubt he's putting in the effort of redesigning the website just to store archives. Sluggy will continue; it will just slow down - at least to a more normal webcomic rate.

I think muot of us started to realize Sluggy wasn't nearing its conclusion as Six Months Later was finishing up, and it became clear the next chapter wasn't really going to be tying up every loose end. That doesn't change the fact that "Falling" has been way too slow.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:34 am 
So I'm guessing plan F is F for Fluxed! Which is better than mass murdering everyone by Oasis- MAYBE? So much fluxing cannot be good for the world and if Schlock starts fluxing back...i'm afraid of a 4U city like result!

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:48 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
swmartian wrote:

I think muot of us started to realize Sluggy wasn't nearing its conclusion as Six Months Later was finishing up, and it became clear the next chapter wasn't really going to be tying up every loose end. That doesn't change the fact that "Falling" has been way too slow.

Pete is the master of the false alarm. Don't get me wrong, I love Sluggy and have nothing but respect for its creator. But this is the third time I can recall in the last ten years Pete has stated that Sluggy was ending, only to walk it back to some degree. That said, I would much much rather he take his time to do it right than try to force it by late August just to meet a self-imposed deadline.

I remember reading the Kitten II story line in real time. It had just reached its crescendo when all of the sudden BOOM: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20021215. Story over. Just like that. I remember at the time Pete mentioned he wanted or needed to move on to the next story, but it felt really jarring, like instead of the final twenty minutes of a movie they decided to just abruptly roll the credits. I hope he doesn't do that here.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:18 am 
I agree, and I hope this doesn't end up like KITTEN II. To be fair to Pete, he did say from the start this wouldn't be the end of Sluggy. It's just that, at the time I think we were expecting it to be more than just taking down HeretiCorp maybe, especially since the vague plans going forward is a much slower update schedule at the very least. With the pace of modern Sluggy, that doesn't bode well for anything else being resolved ever.

NovemberMists wrote:
So I'm guessing plan F is F for Fluxed! Which is better than mass murdering everyone by Oasis- MAYBE? So much fluxing cannot be good for the world and if Schlock starts fluxing back...i'm afraid of a 4U city like result!

I'm still confident that Torg is being dead serious when he says he's going to do something bad. It's gotta be worse than fluxing.

[edit] actually, I had a thought. Totally wild spec, but a loooong time ago, Pete stated that his original plan for Sluggy was that every few years we'd trade off to a new cast within the same universe, but he scrapped those plans when Torg and Co became so popular and enjoyable to write etc. What if that's the plan here? Not to end anything, but rather to shift focus to a completely different group of characters and kill off/sideline the main cast. Or even make them the new mysterious-not-mysterious antagonists. Still doesn't quite explain the chapter's focus, but I could see it being the outcome

Post Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:36 am 
Is it possible for a single dig bot to replicate?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:43 pm 
Three possibilities for the Heavy DFA REA unit (which, given my poor spec record, means there's at least a fourth possibility....)
1. An hC agent that just got annoyed at the hC chief and took an opportunity; or not, but either way is now in the fight...... ...and will be trouble, if only temporarily.
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Schlock is probably thinking he should've fluxed that guy a long time before he actually got fluxed.

2. Riff saw an opportunity, and knowing that Schlock will aim for the Mark-24, put it on auto-pilot (or the like) and is now operating the Heavy DFA REA unit - watch out Condors...
3. Somehow Strom is in the plant at the time it was hit and climbed into the mech for cover - he'll go with the flow, but end up being key to the fight (as in the Dimension of Rain).

Post Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:38 pm 
swmartian wrote:
2. Riff saw an opportunity, and knowing that Schlock will aim for the Mark-24, put it on auto-pilot (or the like) and is now operating the Heavy DFA REA unit - watch out Condors...

2-a. The Mark-24 is on autopilot, but Oasis is hiding inside. Torg's plan is to get her fluxed in order to a) remove her without killing her (because that never sticks), and b) deny Schlock what he needs to complete his plans (which, even if he doesn't know about the "Schlock Triangle", clearly involve getting hands on Oasis).

ETA: wild spec based on the above - Oasis ends up in Timeless Space (with her adventures there to be determined later) and eventually becomes known to Calix' people as Clotho, weaver of fate (as in "Clotho Legacy") before escaping from Timeless Space in the past where she ends up as Sin'thea.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat