Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:01 am 
Yahoo Messenger: KarlMonster
Galaxy Hunter wrote:
Dorus wrote:
"It always comes down to shoes." When did it come down to shoes before? I don't quite remember. Or is this a general joke i'm missing?
I think the joke started here.
That would be a strange place to start a joke. I believe that Gwynn and Queen S. have already switched at that moment in the comic. (Aylee is still teaching Queen S. English, so "Gwynn" isn't yet ready to socialize.) We just don't find out what has happened until later.

Actually, I thought that it was a 'send up' of a line that occurred a few times in the last season of Cheers; "It all comes down to comfortable shoes".

Post Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:11 am 
Where's the chaz axe again?

I found the talking arrows on niftysearch: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20041130

Post Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:22 pm 
Was Dr. Newguy ever revealed as a spy?

In chapter 64 it seems really obvious to the reader that the person sitting with a bag-like mask over his head, and with the name Dr. Newguy would be the infiltrator that the HC leadership is looking for.
But later we find infiltration by Noah Zark, the minions and Grab-All. Did we ever definately establish that Dr. Newguy was a spy? Or who he was working for?

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:52 am 
Who exactly did we get the news from that Minion Master was dead? I think I remember Dr. Schlock mentioning it at one point, but is there any better proof that he's dead besides Izzy's crying reaction when she sees his return message? I know he died off camera so I'm just trying to figure out the odds that today's strip represents the real Minion Master rather than an impostor.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:52 pm 
Jade_rust wrote:
Who exactly did we get the news from that Minion Master was dead? I think I remember Dr. Schlock mentioning it at one point, but is there any better proof that he's dead besides Izzy's crying reaction when she sees his return message? I know he died off camera so I'm just trying to figure out the odds that today's strip represents the real Minion Master rather than an impostor.

We last see the Minion Master here.
The next we hear anything "definitive" about Anthony is from Drake, although Drake inferred as much earlier.

So we know that Isabella has been told that her brother died. But we don't actually see the evidence. If MM is alive, however, that begs the question: Once his life was saved, how did he escape from hC's custody - and why didn't Isabella know until now?

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:46 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
I understand the desire to be suspicious, but honestly WHO would dress up as Minion Master other than Minion Master? Also, it would make sense for him to be alive since Medivac was part of the deal between Izzy/MM and HC in the first place.

Maybe we are interpreting Izzy's tears in the wrong way: She's not crying because she found out he's alive,she's crying because he revealed himself and is in danger again.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:52 am 
Dodger77 wrote:
I understand the desire to be suspicious, but honestly WHO would dress up as Minion Master other than Minion Master? Also, it would make sense for him to be alive since Medivac was part of the deal between Izzy/MM and HC in the first place.

You have a dozen of people who have already dressed up like MM in the Bestseid episode.
However this one looks more capable than the minions who used to fill out the role.

Dodger77 wrote:
Maybe we are interpreting Izzy's tears in the wrong way: She's not crying because she found out he's alive,she's crying because he revealed himself and is in danger again.

Yes, my thoughts exactly.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:49 pm 
Where was this line again? I remember Torg saying it about why Orsintos Labs was studying Oasis somewhere, but I can't seem to find it, despite looking through both Phoenix Rising and bROKEN (not the full chapters though. Just skimming). Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me.
Torg (or someone else) wrote:
the FBI does not go around killing random kids in the off chance that one of them springs back to life.

(Accidental paraphrasing may be present.)

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:26 am 
Here you go. It wasn't Torg, it was Dr. Driscoll, one of the scientists who studied Oasis in the Orsintos lab.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:37 am 
People keep mentioning the Teresa quit working for the Alliance, but I can't find the strip where she quits. Can somebody help me? I went through the past couple weeks but I guess I missed it.

edit: Thanks Balthazar!

Last edited by Dodger77 on Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:43 am 
Would have been first mentioned monday.

I don't think it happened on camera.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:25 pm 
I seem to remember a comic in On The Run where Bun-Bun has glowing red eyes, but I can't find it. Where is it?

Post Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:52 pm 
Is this comic what you're looking for?

(Followed by this comic and finally this one...?)

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:25 am 
Has there ever been an actual meeting between a non-possessed/soul-swapped Gwynn and Oasis?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:51 am 
Kesandru wrote:
Has there ever been an actual meeting between a non-possessed/soul-swapped Gwynn and Oasis?

This comic, but they didn't even talk to each other. That's all I could find.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat