Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:09 pm 

Last edited by Goatlord42 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:40 pm 
Is that even allowed? I didn't know Defenders were supposed to talk about Defender stuff.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:42 pm 
I don't know of any policies either way. I generally plug what Pete's doing/encourage people to sign up without giving major spoilers as a sort of advertising-- and have done so in the reaction threads even, from time to time and never gotten complaints. But if a Mod thinks I've said too much, feel free to edit. Don't want to spill the beans or leak stuff I shouldn't.

Edit: Decided to remove it; I've often used questions like this as an excuse to plug defenders, but maybe I said a little too much on this one. Suffice it to say Pete recently answered ALOT of cool questions about how the story of Sluggy is written and/or writes itself sometimes, and you should go there to see for yourself. :)

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:04 pm 
What was the comic the comic where bun bun has the special bullets for Santa.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:51 pm 
ZebsoloSonOfCu wrote:

I believe the comic you are looking for is this one.:

End of Line.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:40 pm 
Galaxy Hunter wrote:
ZebsoloSonOfCu wrote:

I believe the comic you are looking for is this one.:

End of Line.

That it is I thank thee good sir.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:34 am 
This place seems so lonely now... guess the Niftysearch must be working. Yet the huge blocs of sluggy I've memorized word for word feel unappreciated now. :(

Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:12 am 
Goatlord42 wrote:
This place seems so lonely now... guess the Niftysearch must be working. Yet the huge blocs of sluggy I've memorized word for word feel unappreciated now. :(

At least it's something entertaining to remember, rather than things like the date when Wyatt Earp signed the Declaration of Gettysberg Independence in the Armistice with France after the Crimean Troubles in 1492.

What? Why are you staring at me like that?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:37 am 
Is this: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20120412 the first appearance of Teresa (now Slaughteresa)? It's the oldest reference I could find, but I thought maybe there was an earlier one...

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:59 pm 
She's visible the day before: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/120411

But other than that, not I don't believe she's been seen before. Monicruel was always solo, or solo working for Golden Sacks last few three times we saw her. Unless someone else pulls out a MAJOR find.

Also, squirrel guard on the top of the building, love it.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:12 pm 
Thanks!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:45 pm 
Xane wrote:
Goatlord42 wrote:

At least it's something entertaining to remember, rather than things like the date when Wyatt Earp signed the Declaration of Gettysberg Independence in the Armistice with France after the Crimean Troubles in 1492.

What? Why are you staring at me like that?

No judgement Xane. As a Sluggite Cult-Leader I re-write history all the time to feed to the masses. Save the real-history for private nostalgia among friends.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:26 am 
"It always comes down to shoes." When did it come down to shoes before? I don't quite remember. Or is this a general joke i'm missing?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:36 am 
Dorus wrote:
"It always comes down to shoes." When did it come down to shoes before? I don't quite remember. Or is this a general joke i'm missing?

I think it has to do with the ongoing joke about Gwynn and Aylee being a little obsessed with shoe shopping. I think the joke started here.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:48 am 
Galaxy Hunter wrote:
Dorus wrote:

I think it has to do with the ongoing joke about Gwynn and Aylee being a little obsessed with shoe shopping. I think the joke started here.

Actually, its more likely Pete is playing on the parallels between Torg's comments to Zoe here about being more prepared in her choice of shoes and Gwynn's own sandle-related unpleasantness. Which is a major breach of the 4th Wall, unless Zoe told Gwynn about the experience and they went shoe shopping off stage. But its not Gwynn's first 4th Wall incident and she may not even be conscious of the double meanings, given her love for shoes and tendency to have prophetic dreams.

That said, lets not forget Gwynn is also an excellent shopper of PANTS.

(Miss this place, and feel almost guilty using Niftysearch to speed up my references... but having memorized most of the strip makes keywords easier too)

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat