Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:16 am 
GBFMKK wrote:
Also Schlock doesn't have much to do with demons...

Well, I'm not entirely sure about that.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:42 am 
I totally forgot that Future Schlock was from the Gwynn/K'Z'K future. DOH!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:37 am 
Okay I have it! You guy made a point about K'Z'K modifing his true name to alow worship but still protect himself, and as was pointed out this appers to say that there is more to the name, and Bun-Bun said that saying his name would cause him pain what if Kiziky true name.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:03 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: s73v3r
AOL: s73v3r
Of course, this (sluggy.com) strip shows that the ultimate weapon against K'Z'K is something that Sluggy is truely lacking: PUNS![/url]

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:03 am 
AOL: x86EliGottlieb
Lacking? How is Sluggy lacking in puns? They're all over the place!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:03 pm 
Sorry, forgot my <sarcasm></sarcasm> tags :torg:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:27 pm 
Okay, we can roll with this.
I changed the title of the thread to be less ambiguous. It was annoying me. You'll also notice I added a topic line to the title. Don't fret over it too much. I prefer having the discussion stay as fluid as it has been. But a little guidance couldn't hurt. Right? Er...Hold on. Let me ch-:riff:
I've been sorta-kinda leading the discussion as it was, but now I've just basicaly made it more formal. It's a format I've seen used on various other Msg Boards, and I thought it'd be fun to try. We'll see what happens.

That said, let's take a look at what we're already talking about. Namely,
K'Z'Ks true name.
And specifically - how would knowing his true name actually help the gang? Is it deadly, more a power-sap, or would it cause an actual power-transfer? (which would be especially interesting) Or, is all this name stuff unimportant, and you think the gang would be better off focusing on brute force/magic. And speaking of names, what's your interpretation of his title as 'The End'?

I'm coming in a little late with this, I know, (been going on since the 31st, actually) but I hope these questions will raise a few more interesting points. K'Z'K is, after all, an remarkably fascinating being.
:kzk:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:49 pm 
I think his title as "The End" mainly refers to the fact that in the future of the Sluggy timeline (far, far into the future), K'Z'K is responsible for the destruction/enslavement of the Earth. He is like Apocolypse in X-Men, he controls the Earth in the future.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:47 pm 
AOL: x86EliGottlieb
http://www.sluggy.com/daily.php?date=010315

K'Z'K is "The End", perhaps in that sense? The undoing and blotting out of everything?

[edit]
An insight just hit me concerning the whole name business: K'Z'K's pet peeve has always been people pronouncing it with vowels, hasn't it? Maybe adding vowels (or the right vowels) is what gives you enough power to hurt him?[/edit]

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:29 pm 
AOL: xSlayerSgirlX
Intresting insight with a lot of potential. In my memory, K'Z'K never fails to get pissy/agrivated when someone misprounces his name. Maybe the anger is a re-direction of the fear that in just randomly mispronoucing it, a normal mortal could cause him harm. We've seen demons deal with fear and other emotions by masking in with other feeling before in the DOP--especially Horribus's vendetta against Torg. Granted, he was pretty darn transparent about it, but he still denied to the end that he was obessessed with Torg, at least openly.

Mythologically speaking, there are so many diiferent intrepretations of 'The End' but in the case of Sluggy, I see it as the proverbial DOL-like apcoloypse.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:08 pm 
I get from the dec 29, 2001 strip (tell me your firstname kenny) that K'Z'K is not the first name to be used of K'Z'K and that K'Z'K doesn't want its original name known. I can think of two ways K'Z'K's true name might not be its first name. Either K'Z'K is what it named itself upon achieving sentience and it had another name before that. In this case it may resemble a Diskworld god. The second possibility is that its truename has changed. This should be possible only if the being now known as K'Z'K changed in nature or spirit at some point. In either case K'Z'K was onse someone or something else. K'Z'K's reluctance to divulge its first name indicates that that name also provides power over it and is in fact more dangerous than its truename. Unfortunately I am not prepared to speculate on what K'Z'K's nature might be.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat