Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:28 pm 
Some How I think an Abrams tank would off an demon, because in world of sluggy I have a feeling just that name would have power. I've just finished The Dark Tower seres by Stephen King, where stuff works that way, were a word can have power like that. I just hope Pete never makes himself a character like King did.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:31 am 
AOL: SimonJester1v1
Location: Look at me still talking when there's Science to do!
The problem with a sword enchanted against demons (armed with melee weapons, as a rule) is that it forces you to apply Murphy's Fifth Law of Battle:

"If the enemy is in range, so are you."

I, for one, would much prefer to engage with weapons that outrange my opponent, even if only to soften him up so that I can more readily defeat him with shorter-ranged weapons. Every moment when you could have harmed your target significantly, but did not do so because you didn't bring a weapon with sufficient range, is a wasted moment.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:27 am 
RCG wrote:
I'll like to try out the new Barrett 20mm rifle on the demons. :bunbun:

Sweet Jesus! I didn't even know that that one existed (BTW I am quite chagrined to find that out)! That thing has to have some #$%^'in HUGE recoil! Sounds a lot like the Finnish "Boys" 14 or 20 mm anti-tank rifle. http://www.winterwar.com/Weapons/FinAT/FINantitank2.htm#boys

Simon_Jester wrote:
I, for one, would much prefer to engage with weapons that outrange my opponent, even if only to soften him up so that I can more readily defeat him with shorter-ranged weapons. Every moment when you could have harmed your target significantly, but did not do so because you didn't bring a weapon with sufficient range, is a wasted moment.

Don't fire till you see the whites (of red as we're talking about demons) of their eyes. Preferably through some type of scope while wearing a Ghillie suit about a mile away.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:07 am 
It depends... recoil supression has gotten much better in the past few years. I finally had a chance to fire the S&W .500 recently, and I was pretty surprised to find that the recoil on a beast like that was actually a bit *less* than the kick of a .44 mag (never fired the .45-70, so I'm not sure how that compares).

A 20mm rifle is still gonna kick like a mule on steroids, but if they can build the gun to absorb as much of the recoil as possible, it could still be usable to a regular sized man. I'm not sure I'd want to be the poor bastard testing it though. ;)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:27 am 
Okay the reason Torg is unable to cut into the demons when Unholy Evil Death Bringer a.k.a. Weeping god a.k.a. Chaz is not charged is that there skin is very armored much like the late medieval Gothic Knights who were almost unstoppable until the gun came on the fielded, given that the demons were able to hurt each other it seems big high velocity would do the trick just fine.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:07 pm 
E1701 wrote:

A 20mm rifle is still gonna kick like a mule on steroids, but if they can build the gun to absorb as much of the recoil as possible, it could still be usable to a regular sized man. I'm not sure I'd want to be the poor bastard testing it though. ;)

The demo I saw on TV had the shooter in the prone position, evey time he fired, the recoil pushed him back 4 to 6 inchies.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:37 pm 
Okay I think we have done just about every real world way to beat a deamon I can think of, so now it is time to do it Hollywood style! Call Rambo, James Bond, Master Chef John-117, T-800, and T-850, basic let any one from any Movie, Comic, T.V. Show, and Video Game ever made? (Yes I am shamiliesly trying to brig this thread back from the dead but it is just the most fun I've had on a thread thats not about Oasis) So any who if the Deamons did invade there wold be a Soul Caravan so to save the hostages HRT from Predator.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:42 am 
YAH! Mini Gun! Mini Gun!
Oh course since the thing is electrically driven, the actor was hooked up to an extension cord, but that is why they have those 250' cords at Home Depot; at least that is what I think they are for. Sure their extension cords are probably for such mundane things such as "hedge trimmers" and "leaf blowers", but I like to think that there are some useful applications for them as well.
How about instead of the HRT weapons, we go with the equipment that the Predator used. Invisibility cloak, shoulder launcher, and that cool blade thing.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:59 am 
Yes that would rock! Its not shoulder launcher its a Plasma Cannon and if that don't kill a demon nothing will, I foresee allot of demon trophies. And to kill Psychosis I would send T-X.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:16 am 
E1701 wrote:
Depends on how much time we have... somehow I doubt any of us are in a position to get hold of an Abrams or AC-130, or even full auto small arms. ;)

Well, I do live in the South... :riff:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:49 am 
I have the team to handle the Demon threat CTU in preticular CTU Los Angeles with Jack Bauer as the lead field officer, I now he only uses a pistol but he can take a heliochopper out of the air with the gun so he can tack out a demon.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:25 pm 
Jack Bauer may be good, but how about using the Spartans from Halo? Now that would bring some serious hurt down on the demons.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:02 pm 
Aside from getting a little unreal, why not go whole hog and bring in the ACS? :p

I still think for a demon invasion, you need someone better equipped to deal with it than an anti-terrorist. I'm thinking dark haired, big chinned, shotgun, chainsaw for a hand, and bad attitude. Who's with? :bunbun:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:32 am 
Given that (a) someone has alreafy suggested something as outlandish as demon vs predator and (b) most demons seem to personify the concept of "weak minded" I'm going to propose jedi. In fact anyone with any sort of psychic mind wedgie should be able to take down the cannon fodder demons no trouble by turning them upon eachother. You might even be able to get them to kill the intelligent demons by mobbing them.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:23 pm 
You know who I'd send in to take on the demons?

MacGyver.

He could set demon traps left and right without even picking up a gun, and because he's MacGyver, they'd work flawlessly.

Better still, a team-up of MacGyver and the Doctor... the Seventh Doctor, specificly. Because he'd bring Ace along, just in case explosions ARE needed. ;)

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat