Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: The DOP
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:25 pm 
So I was reading though the Chats and found a big question that has divivded all sluggy, are the DOP type demons bulletproof? There are to sides to this:
1)They can only be killed by magic wepoinry, wich is why Chaz can not cut Them unless powerd up.
2) There skin is just very armored but not bulletproof wich is why Alt-Bun-Bun can hurt them.
so which is it?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:52 pm 
AOL: Surgoshan
Here we see alt bun bun fire the gun at a demon. The bullet hits it, but doesn't pierce. Here we see the deomon running away.

They're harmed by it, but it's not penetrating trauma. Bulletproof material just stops the penetration, but the bullet's kinetic energy has to go somewhere. In the case of a person wearing body armor, the energy goes into what will shortly be very bruised flesh. Apparantly something similar happens to the demon.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:49 am 
As we see here, demons hate getting hit in the head. It just made psych mad, but maybe for the demon dog thing it was like getting hit with the rolled up news paper. Oh and "DANGER DANGER DANGER!"

I miss the demon hunter :kzk:

Maybe you just need something with a little more force. I mean the demons are hurting each other all the time, but the never die. I remember mosp stabbing reakk through the chest and he was fine.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:44 am 
Okay the gun's Bun-Bun has are all ways confirmed to be GLOCKS the Round size of a GLOCK range form 9-mm to .45. Now no Glock fires a super sonic round so what would a assault rifle like theM-16, FAMAS, G36, or the AK-47 do to them? Most of these guns can put a round throw bulletproof glass. This is what I see portals open up in the southwest US, French Ghana, and Siberia. Psychosis sends demon squads out to get souls, the US sends the Army in, The French dispatch the French Foreign Legion, and the Russians deploy their Army, who wins?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:28 am 
Surgoshan seems to have it... demon skin seems to be at least partially bullet proof, but the kenetic energy of the impact still packs a sting. Given how many Glocks Bun-Bun's got, it's tough to say what kind it was, but I'd be inclined to think it's 9mm, since the ammo's cheaper and more common than .45.

With that said, that kind of impact trauma can still be fatal - it'd just take more or more powerful hits to do the job. Personally, I wouldn't bother with an M-16... it's .223 loads are weaker than most varmint rounds, and it tends to take a few hits to put down an unarmored human, let alone an armored demon. AK-47's might be worthwhile with volume of fire... but my inclination would be for firepower over volume of fire against demons. Sure, you could plaster a demon with a P-90 or an old Thompson, but you'd probably have to empty half a magazine into each target... too time consuming.

To that end, my demon-hunting weapon of choice: Barret M82A2 (shorter and a bit more portable than the A1) .50 BMG. A 9mm that won't penetrate kevlar might just annoy a demon, but I'm quite confident that a round designed as anti-material would do the job. ;) Though in a pinch, a 12 guage shotgun with a magnum sabot load should do the trick.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:40 pm 
Raptor wrote:
This is what I see portals open up in the southwest US, French Ghana, and Siberia. Psychosis sends demon squads out to get souls, the US sends the Army in, The French dispatch the French Foreign Legion, and the Russians deploy their Army, who wins?

The Japanese uncloak their top secret warmech armies and take over the world and the DoP. Nobody is able to revolt once the shock wears off because they're all too distracted by Shigeru Myamoto's latest game: NintenDoP.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:00 pm 
My take on it is that the DOP demons can be hurt (although they are very tough skinned) but they don't tend to die from non-magical wounds, or even most magical wounds. They seem to get hacked up by eachother's weapons (DOP demons are much stronger than a human so they can pennetrate the tough skin with a bladed weapon that may or may not be enchanted) but they don't seem to die from the wounds.

Actually, Reak gets run through repeatedy by Mosp and later, in the strip where she tries to kill Horibus, we're told that her arm spears count as "enchanted". So even a magical weapon may not be fatal to even a demon like Reak unless you get them in whatever they consider to be their vitals. Could Chaz be the only weapon at mankind's disposal that can permanently kill a DOP demon? If Mosp can't kill Reak with multiple stabs through the torso with an enchanted weapon but lesser wounds from Chaz have been shown to be fatal to demons this may be the case even if humans armed themselves with demon spears and such. Torg has killed them with straight blows through the torso I think, so the wound is no more severe than what Reak suffered but there is something special about Chaz.

This comes back to the nature of Chaz as possibly being able to kill anything regardless of any inborn resistance to death or magical healing that may be attempted afterwards. The soul sucking possibility was discussed slightly in another recent thread before that discussion was diverted to a debate over the deffinition of innocence so I'm not going to get into the soul sucking thing here.

But, bullet proof demons? From what we've seen from Mosp training to kill Torg, even if a bullet could pennetrate demon skin and make a hole the size of a silver dollar like Mosp's arm spears can, the wound would not kill the demon. And so far we haven't seen a bullet that can go through DOP demon hide anyway. We also have never seen demons get wounded by any non-Chaz weapon except for their own spears and such, which may all be enchanted in some way.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:33 pm 
Remember that when Mosp stabbed Horribus, she was stabbing a demon lord. He had to be stabbed in a very specific place to be killed. She missed.

And Reakk, like many comic reliefs, seems fairly invincible.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:07 pm 
Surgoshan wrote:
Remember that when Mosp stabbed Horribus, she was stabbing a demon lord. He had to be stabbed in a very specific place to be killed. She missed.

And Reakk, like many comic reliefs, seems fairly invincible.
I'm with Surgoshan on this, on the band-ads were comic and there for not meant to be taken seriously now on to weapons to kill them, nothing smaller than a M-16 though E1701 makes a good point on the size, so all need to have a grenade luncher attached. The Garand would work. The SAW would do just nicely I think. Snipers, I'm thinking a .50 Cal sniper rifle like the M82 , or a Magnum. A 12-gauge Shot gun should do it, a Remington 870 or a USAS-12.

Last edited by Raptor on Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:38 pm 
I somehow doubt that a World War II-era rifle would hurt any demon in the least. I don't think any weapon can pierce their skins without some sort of enchantment.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:05 am 
Maybe no penetrating trauma, but I think they'd be injured nonetheless. Those suckers packed a lot of oomf. Especially the rifles.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:06 am 
Although in the case of something like a Garand, venerable as it is, you'd probably be better off with a modern hunting rifle in .30-06... a lot of hunting rifles tend to be more powerful than their military equivalents, with a nastier variety of ammunition. Though I wouldn't care to underestimate the demons, so I'd still favor something excessive, like a .50 BMG, than risk packing too little oomph to keep myself from being torn in half or stabbed with the demon spear. ;)

And even if their skin can't be penetrated at all, a .50 would still pulp whatever it is they have for organs. At the very least, you'd knock them ass over teakettle long enough to escape.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:37 pm 
Okay lets start with the demons them selves, they would seem like the Orcs from Tolkens work, they can be killed but only in battle. They have Vulcan-like green blood which would imply that they have organs of some tip. that which has organs can be hurt we see that they can wound each other and it was not said that there weapons were magic so that leaves big sharp weapons punching though the skin by guys with superhuman strength. Most military and hunting rifles fire at super sonic speeds. Now the smaller rounds might not do the trick of penetrating that hide but what about the [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.62_×_51_mm_NATO]7.62 × 51 mm NATO round[/url] a big fast bullet used in the M60 would prably get though. So a team armed with the M60s and H&K G3s which use the same rounds, backed up by Snipers with the M82 would probely kick some rear, and if you what over kill let go A-10 its GAU-8 Avenger gatling gun would rip holes in any force, and lets not forget its missles and bombs.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:41 pm 
Snipers M82s would be good, but lets give them the "Silver Bullet". I think we can agree that KE wepons would be best with them and what better than the 120mm penatrator round from an M1A2 Abrams MBT? Or heck just run them down. Let's compare weapons: DOP = squid on a stick and some other hand weapons Our Diminsion = planes and tanks and guns. :bunbun: Screw the M60s use a "Ma Duce" or M2 varient .50 BMG.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:59 pm 
GBFMKK I like the way you think.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat