Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Bat Riff 2
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:20 pm 
Okay I got bored a little ways back and wrought this but could not find that old Bat Riff chat, and this is going to bug me until I post it, ignore it or answer it I don’t really care, so here we go. First Riff is almost always in a Batman costume in fillers and other times the gang is seen in super suits that seems to say something about Riff both Bruce Wayne and Riff are loners who have formed small “families” that they will die for, but they both are still loners who have sever people problems and so they end up having problems with this family, now before you say Torg, Gwynn, and Zoë are always different Raptor you are reading to much into this I have an answer, let’s look at it for a second
1.First time Riff was Batman Torg was Superman, that team up is called The World’s Finest, then I have seen one or to of those JL cartoons and one of them had a small thing were Batman and Wonder Woman had a liking for each other, but were not acting on it, Gwynn is Wonder Woman, and on another one I saw Hawkgirl and Green Lantern were dating and the Zoë and her then boyfriend were based on them.
2. In the filler strip Riff is Batman and Torg is Robin, the Dynamic Duo
3. The only time Riff is not the Dark Knight he is Gambit and Gwynn is Rouge who have an on and off romance, hmm that sound familiar, maybe that is Gwynn and Riffs fate (to all Sasha fans I am neutral on this subject, just asking)
4. Riff is loosely inspired on Batman and Torg is similar to Spiderman, (long pause) I got nothing.
And if this were true then there would be something to the Gwynn=Poison Ivy Zoë=Harley Quinn filler, correct me if I am wrong but Ivy is a manipulative woman with “magic” powers over plaints, the only one she dose not manipulate is Harley, they seem to really be friends, the only one Gwynn has not tried to manipulate is Zoë.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:18 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: s73v3r
AOL: s73v3r
Another parallel, not quite at the personal, character level, is that Batman/Bruce Wayne created all kinds of different gadgets for use in bringing down the bad guys. Riff also creates gadgets for bringing down the bad guys (as well as his friends sometimes:). I'd think that the major difference between the two is that when Riff hits someone, a verb/adjective doesn't fly onscreen.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:15 am 
Also Bruce Wayne is filthy rich; while Riff (on occasion) is just filthy. Sorry for the sarcasm. I would add something more profound, and I will, but I am way too tired tonight.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat