Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Re: And Kusari is...
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:07 pm 
That and if she survives until monday inhuman healing abilities- which we already knew but still that neck chop!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:50 am 
A finite resource...

so what could be behind her resurrections which is the limiting factor?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:56 pm 
Hmm a finite resource.... I'd definitely say they must need Kusari's corpse(s) after today's strip for ressurections. Schlock orders them to retrieve her body and it must be for a reason. He could flux the whole area if he wanted to but he's holding back.

Is this the only way she finite I wonder? We also know from the one time we knew for a certainty Kusari was dead it took six months for Kusari to be seen again. Perhaps that is part of the limitation? Oasis resurrects immediately.

This certainly puts a different light on this strip: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/020122. Does Kusari want them to pry her off the wall so she can go after Oasis, or to collect her body? We don't know if Kusari actually died there, but i'm guessing not.

Also today's comic shows a lack of vital signs. VItal signs means - flesh and blood! So she's not a robot!

Also, Kusari is constantly(ish) stating how 'superior' she is to Oasis:
How inferior: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20010304
more dangerous http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20020121
Made in her image and improved: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20081204

So, in 4U City, we had Harbinger. I assume Harbinger is Oasis under HC/4U control and Kusari was no longer in the picture. Hope today's comic isn't leading up to why Kusari's not in 4U city. If her body isn't recovered, perhaps she can't be revived!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:36 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
I always thought that Harbinger was actually Kusari but with Oasis's abilities.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:10 pm 
Zillatain wrote:

Long natural looking red hair like Oasis' is scarce. A finite resource. I bet she keeps it tucked under those horn-like things to keep it from getting soiled during missions.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:35 am 
Zillatain wrote:

I sorta wondered whether Harbinger is Schlocks ultimate goal for the project, the best of Oasis and Kusari, without the flaws of either.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:59 am 
My guess is that Kusari may come back alive without a body, but that this process consumes some (a lot) of the "finite resource" behind her.
So recovering her body is a way of saving precious resources - more precious than the lives of the recovery crew, anyway.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:39 pm 
I know that the debate has long been disproved that Kusari = Sasha, but I ran across something in the comics again that made me go huh. Back right before Mohkadun Sasha tracked down Torg to tell him.... Nothing. She didn't say what she came to say then vanished without a trace all ninja-style.

If Kusari is a limited resource they may only have so many of her before they run out. We also know that Kusari can heal almost instantly from wounds. Or can she?

.... Basically what I'm trying to say is what if there are a set number of cloned Kusaris out there? Typically they're activated one at a time, but one of the spares can be activated when the main Kusari goes down with a major injury (like when Kusari broke her legs and was walking again almost instantly). If there's multiple Kusaris there could be multiple Sashas (the base for Kusari) which could solve the issue around seeing Kusari and Sasha at the same time while also answering all that weirdness where Kusari seems to relate herself to the sluggy gang as well.

I bet someone else has already suggested all this, but I figured I'd bring it up anyway.

TL;DR - There are multiple Kusaris and multiple Sashas as well!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:57 pm 
That's an interesting theory. I think I read some spec somewhere that Sasha was the 'base' or "original" Kusari. The one that they "clone". Maybe each time she is cloned they are less and less adequate?

I like the idea of more than one Sasha and more than one Kusari. It would explain the seemingly "fast" recovery rate. Plus we know Kusari is a little odd on the human stuff. (Sarcasm, symbolism) and Sasha has constantly been called "weird". While Kusari stated she's been created in Oasis's image and improved I don't think they mean physically so much as an imprint of Oasis's gymnastic assassin abilities.

And I've always been on the Sasha=Kusari bandwagon despite one being in China the other being in America and both of them on Schlock's screen at once. (I think that happened). I always explained away them being together at Le Snootier because I always believed Sasha didn't join Hereti Corp /become Kusari until after DDA when she almost died. BUT if Sasha has always been Kusari / the original "version" or clone base and with Hereti Corp then it does explain a lot.

Plus if Sasha does fill in for Kusari when Kusari's hurt/dead, it works for DDA. Kusari was out for six months and the gang was living with Sasha. It's not like she could run out and be Kusari when they were always there.

Aaaand it explains these two comics: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20010221 That's latin; Know thyself?
http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20010304 Know thyself Indeed. (There's no way Kusari heard that or had time to get a report. Unless Sasha is wearing a microphone, but i'm pretty sure Hereti Corp was still on its way in that comic).

I think there's definitely some kind of connection between Sasha and Kusari. Those two comics and the fact that Kusari was not performing her job up to par while Sasha was drugged in China.

Plus if you re-read Sasha grilling Oasis she sounds kind of harsh, some of that jealousy/anger Kusari has for Oasis slipping through?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:01 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
oh look, i can sticky threads.

This is developing into another oasis thread and i want to encourage this discussion.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:03 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
Does each new iteration of Kusari after a confirmed death seem weaker at all? That would point in the direction of clones and diminishing returns. If not, then it could be a single supply of Kusari bodies (seem to remember this spec ages ago) from which they draw to replace her each time (and it'll run out). Either way, all the more impetus to get the immediately-reincarnating-indefinitely Oasis under their control.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:37 am 
Silly Green Monkey wrote:
Does each new iteration of Kusari after a confirmed death seem weaker at all? That would point in the direction of clones and diminishing returns. If not, then it could be a single supply of Kusari bodies (seem to remember this spec ages ago) from which they draw to replace her each time (and it'll run out). Either way, all the more impetus to get the immediately-reincarnating-indefinitely Oasis under their control.

I don't know. This is the most brutal fight that directly involved Kusari fighting on-panel that I think we've seen in this strip.

Has a remote operator been considered yet? A finite supply of Kusari automatons, controlled remotely from hC, by trained operators. Silly as it might sound, it might be something as crazy as hC discovering them on an archaeological dig of some kind, realizing what they were, and took them for their own purposes. Modifying them for use, and making them into a field agent, but unable to replicate them because the technology was simply beyond their knowledge (Dunuloa constructs). It'd explain the lack of reaction to pain AND the apparent immunity to mind control, since the mind was miles away.

Maybe Sasha IS Kusari, just not in the way we think? That might also explain why Kusari's performance wasn't up to snuff while Sasha was being held prisoner, she's the best operator.

However, that wouldn't explain the compulsion to blindly obey the CEO of hC at all costs, so that's probably not it. Or at least not all of it.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:24 pm 
Kesandru wrote:
Has a remote operator been considered yet? A finite supply of Kusari automatons, controlled remotely from hC, by trained operators. Silly as it might sound, it might be something as crazy as hC discovering them on an archaeological dig of some kind, realizing what they were, and took them for their own purposes. Modifying them for use, and making them into a field agent, but unable to replicate them because the technology was simply beyond their knowledge (Dunuloa constructs). It'd explain the lack of reaction to pain AND the apparent immunity to mind control, since the mind was miles away.

Maybe Sasha IS Kusari, just not in the way we think? That might also explain why Kusari's performance wasn't up to snuff while Sasha was being held prisoner, she's the best operator.

However, that wouldn't explain the compulsion to blindly obey the CEO of hC at all costs, so that's probably not it. Or at least not all of it.

I find the idea that Kusari is a Dunuloa construct really interesting. We know Dunuloa's constructs are synthetic life, so they operate with in the web, while Oasis operates outside the web. Hmm. And that they're "sisters". Also something Pete said is ringing a bell. A sluggite asked where Rana went after all that mess and Pete said something like Father time hid her in the sun.

If Kusari is a construct of Dunuloa maybe Oasis is a construct of Rana's, well not a construct so much as life.Perhaps either Rana made Oasis thus Oasis opperates outside of the web or Rana is Oasis or was made into Oasis? Some thread once suggested Kusari was the moon twin and Oasis the sun twin, hmm.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:25 am 
NovemberMists wrote:
A sluggite asked where Rana went after all that mess and Pete said something like Father time hid her in the sun.

That makes sense when you consider that Rana could easily be corrupted into Ra.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:18 am 
Does today's strip take Sasha being Kusari officially off the table now? I would think Frog and/or Schlock would've called her Kusari if that was the case.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat