Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Re: And Kusari is...
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:28 pm 
swmartian wrote:
That would leave no one in charge of hC - and arguably no hC to be in charge of. How does Kusari respond?

And Kusari is... a free agent? That could be awesome and terrifying at the same time.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:02 pm 
I feel like they need a face-to-face with Schlock, so I doubt he'll die before that. Besides, his being offsite is consistent with his paranoid nature.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:54 pm 
Well, yes. I've already said that I believe that there will be at least one more "DOMF" in our future. Nonetheless, the question "What would Kusari do - or be?" popped into my head while contemplating the (literal) fall of hC. Even if Schlock lives, hC may be unresurrectable (<-- is that a word - LOL). So I thought it might be a fun thought experiment to throw out there. Contemplating how Kusari would behave - or who she would be... ...might even get us closer to contemplating what she is now.

Play along if you want...

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:33 pm 
I'm pretty sure she worked at burgermeister for awhile back when hC folded the first time, so we know that at least she can be a productive member of society.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:02 am 
Kusari seems weirdly tied to the existence of Hereticorp as a corporation. Somehow I have the feeling that it would have to cease the exist as a financial entity rather than just in physical fact for her to be freed. That's likely to be inevitable, but it surely hasn't happened yet.

Then again, hC did cease to exist before and it didn't seem to free her then. I dunno...

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:28 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Then again, hC did cease to exist before and it didn't seem to free her then. I dunno...

Did it actually cease to exist? Or did it just have its assets frozen and its CEO jailed? I'm not sure its legal status was ever stripped.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:40 pm 
The last panel of today's comic is enigmatical. I can't decide whether her "Keep going, Chen" means "keep going to where Schlock wanted us to go" or "just keep going until we get out of here."

At first glance, I thought it was the latter, but now I'm thinking she is intentionally being enigmatical to keep Chen in line. His eyebrows seem to indicate an unpleasant emotion.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:39 am 
As long as Schlock - as majority shareholder of the company - hasn't been confirmed dead, she'd still need to be available to take orders from him even if HeretiCorp went bankrupt. The company would have to be liquidated on the books in order for Kusari to be free. Liquidated at the bottom of a mile-deep pit doesn't count.

Or it could be that Kusari has been free this entire time.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:44 am 
My guess is it's more complicated than that.
Been thinking about Kusari and Oasis.

Kusari means chain in Japanese, and one of the definitions of Oasis is a place of refuge.

I'm guessing their names are going to be related to how they were created, and / or controlled and / or how they are brought back to life.

Kusari being controlled like she is; I imagine the release clause / mechanism / requirements are going to be complex. Maybe she is controlled, and she needs to redo / undue.. something.. at the rebirth facility to free herself completely. What we saw of her face through her mask looked like a furrowed brow.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:34 am 
Jimmymac wrote:
My guess is it's more complicated than that.
Been thinking about Kusari and Oasis.

Kusari means chain in Japanese, and one of the definitions of Oasis is a place of refuge.

I'm guessing their names are going to be related to how they were created, and / or controlled and / or how they are brought back to life.

Kusari being controlled like she is; I imagine the release clause / mechanism / requirements are going to be complex. Maybe she is controlled, and she needs to redo / undue.. something.. at the rebirth facility to free herself completely. What we saw of her face through her mask looked like a furrowed brow.

If you want to go to that kind of idea rather than just the weapon she uses, she would be chained to Oasis.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:30 pm 
The weapon she uses is an kusarigama, kusari is 'chain', gama is 'sickle'.

I don't see where she _has_ to be 'chained' to Oasis, and maybe my thought is totally off base, but I think it's interesting at least

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:11 am 
I'm tipping soon that the answer to the thread's question is "Dead"

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:02 am 
Marcus wrote:

Or "stupid" given what she just did.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:41 am 
Kesandru wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Or "stupid" given what she just did.

I don't know, they pre-gamed that she would have to be in the shadows / out of sight or Oasis would 'override' on her, and if they're being followed she does need to deal with that.

I'm hoping we get to see Torg v.s. Kusari tomorrow.

And dead would be interesting, but dead who? Or does it not matter, a mind in the chain mesh she wears, animating whatever corps it's placed over... Kusari is also used to describe the chain in Japanese chain armors as well.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:59 am 
So, after all these years, I just notice the diamonds on Kusari's outfit, maybe it's queen Siphiana?

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat