Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:05 pm 
I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion around this. Chen recognizes Slaughteresa and implies that he worked with her mom. He also comments on "the way she moves," and she bears more than a passing resemblance to our favorite gymnastic assassin. This similarity is further called out in the strip where she kisses Torg and he reacts with alarm because it reminds him almost TOO much of Oasis.

So what are the implications exactly if we assume Teresa is in some way related to Oasis and Chen knows her mother. Is the implication that Oasis is her mother, her sister, or something else entirely? Also, what then are the implications around Monicruel (purportedly Teresa's biological sister), Sasha (very, very similar in physical appearance to Monicruel: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20091110), and Kusari (Oasis's "sister" although possibly not in a literal sense).

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:55 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
I was thinking Dayum, the HC agent killed during the clone wars. By re-entry in a spaceship made of bodily fluids.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:59 am 
I'm also wondering if it's a subtle way of Chen saying "Hey I know you! You're our friend Torg's mole. Help me on your way out."

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:59 am 
Soon as Pete mentioned the mother was into fate magic, I just immediately thought "OH. I guess they're all sisters. Or some cloning DNA scifi alternative". Oasis, Monicruel, and Slaughtersa.

That would fit all the puzzle pieces until Pete throws new info at us again.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:42 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
Soon as Pete mentioned the mother was into fate magic, I just immediately thought "OH. I guess they're all sisters. Or some cloning DNA scifi alternative". Oasis, Monicruel, and Slaughtersa.

That would fit all the puzzle pieces until Pete throws new info at us again.

In light of today's naming of the mom, I'm thinking "Synthea LaMort" is Dunuloa (who was big into synthetic "life," before going all emo):
http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20130925
http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20140630

If that's the case, I'm inclined to think you're on to something re: cloning. My guess is that Dunuloa used her two children as the "templates" for her final experiments into synthetic life. Slaughteresa and Monicruel may be the original templates or they may just be copies of the originals. And I'm willing to bet that Oasis and Kusari are copies of the "Slaughteresa" and "Monicruel" type templates respectively (this would not be perfect cloning due to the differences in appearance, but more "near-cloning." And I'll bet Sasha is a copy of the Kusari/Monicruel variety as well, which would explain both why Kusari implies a connection to the group lies under her mask, as well as why Sasha and Monicruel are so physically similar that the former is able to pass for the second without arousing suspicion.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:16 pm 
AOL: Pug+Smasher
Oh dang, just came in here to comment after reading that Syn'Thea was apparently big in to "fate magic". I think you've called it regarding Dunuloa, and I think the Sun Twin/Moon Twin theories are about to come full-circle.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:58 pm 
Bunny Suction wrote:
Spirantz wrote:
And I'll bet Sasha is a copy of the Kusari/Monicruel variety as well, which would explain both why Kusari implies a connection to the group lies under her mask, as well as why Sasha and Monicruel are so physically similar that the former is able to pass for the second without arousing suspicion.

Sasha and Monicruel may be sisters, but I doubt clones since on multiple occasions (I'm lazy and refed the week). Sasha's Monicruel disguise only worked on the "big tit & monocle" aspect. Other than that she didn't pass.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:50 am 
Surprised this thread has been blown up today with the giant flaming monkey wrench made of spiders thrown in.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:21 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
So I think think the obvious question is: Is that in fact Oasis, or is there just a very strong mother daughter resemblance? We're probably supposed to assume that it is Oasis, and it likely is her, but you can never be sure with Pete...

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:49 am 
Well. And here I was thinking Teresa and Torg were related, given there are more than passing similarities.

I'm going with that is Oasis, somehow. I'm still tipping Torg is involved in this family somehow. I dont know but FINALLY, we get something on just what Oasis is.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:42 am 
Oh, hi, Torg's mom.

No, seriously, wouldn't that make the "Oasis loves Torg" storyline hilariously wrong, if they turned out to be some kind of siblings?

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:09 pm 
AOL: rapunzil504
Just thowing this out there...

Quote:
Cynthia was originally an epithet of the Greek goddess of the moon, Artemis, who according to legend, was born on Mount Cynthus.

Artemis was the twin of Apollo... "moon twin."

And of course La Morte is "death."

It actually makes me think that Sin'Thea isn't Oasis, in spite of all of the WHAM going on here. Timey-Wimey twin sister perhaps... because a phoenix and the moon don't really jive. Or maybe that's supposed to be the irony of it all.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:43 pm 
Marcus wrote:
I'm still tipping Torg is involved in this family somehow.

It's tenuous, but it does look a bit like a flannel shirt that Sin'Thea is mending.

(oops, just noticed swmartian posted the same thing in another thread)

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:24 am 
srimech wrote:
Marcus wrote:
I'm still tipping Torg is involved in this family somehow.

It's tenuous, but it does look a bit like a flannel shirt that Sin'Thea is mending.

(oops, just noticed swmartian posted the same thing in another thread)

I thought that was a fate web she was sowing.

Oh man if that really is a flannell shirtthat would be amazing

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:39 am 
Clearly it's Torg's flannel shirt. It has protected him from his idiocy all this time with +5 to fate modifier.

Future Oasis is always looking out for her bae.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat