Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Re: Chaz and Oasis
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:10 pm 
RamenChef wrote:
Thom Solo wrote:
yurak wrote:
On a side note, does Bun Bun know about Chaz and his talky glowyness?

Now there's a scary thought... forget Oasis + Chaz, what if BUN-BUN got his hands on a powered-up Chaz?!

Chaz is too big for Bun-Bun to hold.

The rabbit has handled a bazooka with ease... not to mention flipping Torg over his shoulder. I don't see how holding a sword would be a problem for him.

yurak wrote:
What is Chaz's nickname for Torg?

Currently? "Master." :torg: But he would probably enjoy "Nerd-Boy".

Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:57 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:

yurak wrote:
What is Chaz's nickname for Torg?

Currently? "Master." :torg: But he would probably enjoy "Nerd-Boy".

Agreed.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:44 pm 
My original question was whether Chaz could render Oasis permanently dead. With today's revelation, that question is apparently moot. Since Schlock succeeded in scanning her "essence", he can now replace her, assuming that he finds the rebirth facility. So as I see it, we have only three possibilities that 'the end' is not a very bad one... (1) Oasis does not die again until the gang successfully brings down hC (at this point, that isn't seeming very likely, but Pete likely has many other surprises up his sleeve so one never knows...), (2) Oasis' next death must be from Chaz - Chaz kills not only the current body, but the rebirth trigger as well (such that hC cannot consequently discover the rebirth facility), or (3) (which is a variant of 2) when Chaz kills one Oasis, they all die. So Chaz can be used to kill "Harbinger", but our Oasis will die as well. My money is on #3.

How the hell is Pete ever going to wrap this up by August (or thereabouts)...?

Post Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:52 am 
swmartian wrote:

You're assuming the gang wins.

Honestly, though... I think the best way to stop Schlock is for him and Riff to have a long conversation about the DoR. Best way meaning minimal bloodshed and/or loss of life.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:49 pm 
Kesandru wrote:
swmartian wrote:

Yes. Yes I am.

Kesandru wrote:
Honestly, though... I think the best way to stop Schlock is for him and Riff to have a long conversation about the DoR. Best way meaning minimal bloodshed and/or loss of life.

Well, yeah. But where would the fun be in that? Actually, the first problem is that Riff and Schlock are so paranoid about the other, arranging a truce in order to have a conversation (even with a balloon) would be unlikely. But I'm not sure that Schlock would listen. In Schlock's mind the solution to the "issue" with 4U City would not be to avoid the dystopia, but to make sure that the gang doesn't survive setting it up. They'd simply be the first to go... You are thinking like a sane person, not a paranoid one...

Hmm. If I can think like a paranoid person, I wonder what that says about me? :-P

Post Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:47 am 
I just think even through his paranoia, if he knew he could cause the end of the world, he might reconsider.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:12 pm 
Kesandru wrote:
I just think even through his paranoia, if he knew he could cause the end of the world, he might reconsider.

I like your optimism, but I have the feeling he'd more likely be of the "but that's not here, that was another dimension," and insist that the danger isn't as great...

Or, on the other hand, Schlock might have already realized the possibility, but decided that he's too far along the road to turn back.

Kesandru wrote:
swmartian wrote:

I am going to assume this too :)

Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:24 pm 
Kesandru wrote:

Schlock has already seen one end-of-the-world... given the choice, he'd probably rather go the DoR route.

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:22 pm 
Random thought about Chaz and Oasis,
Some questions have been asked about Chaz finding Oasis as 'innocent'. We don't actually know how Chaz determines innocence.
Maybe it has a connection to the fate web, and Oasis being 'innocent' is more of a
function:
/query:fateweb:tallybadnesslvl=zero sum returned
Sort of thing than an actual moral judgement by Chaz

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:14 pm 
That's a possibility, since Chaz himself exists outside of fate, and it stands to reason that a sword of judgement would need to be able to judge itself innocent in order to not accidentally destroy itself/cause some sort of horrible paradox that violates the laws of thermodynamics

Thom Solo wrote:
Kesandru wrote:

Schlock has already seen one end-of-the-world... given the choice, he'd probably rather go the DoR route.

Yeah, I don't see explaining the DoR to Schlock as doing anything useful besides making Schlock realize what a good idea it is

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:12 am 
I just had the thought: What if the ultimate fate of Chaz and Oasis is not that Chaz can kill Oasis, but that Chaz and Oasis combined can kill anything?

Even though Torg has been quite capable of wielding Chaz, he is fate-bound, and a fate-god could pull his strings to prevent him from killing.
But Oasis cannot be bound by fate, and even though her fire and knives can be stopped by magic (see duel with Gwynn), a charged Chaz can kill anything.

Perfect combo for killing the "pillar of reality" or Uncle / Father Time, who is suspected of conspiring to break the pillars.

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:03 am 
migB wrote:
I just had the thought: What if the ultimate fate of Chaz and Oasis is not that Chaz can kill Oasis, but that Chaz and Oasis combined can kill anything?

Even though Torg has been quite capable of wielding Chaz, he is fate-bound, and a fate-god could pull his strings to prevent him from killing.
But Oasis cannot be bound by fate, and even though her fire and knives can be stopped by magic (see duel with Gwynn), a charged Chaz can kill anything.

Perfect combo for killing the "pillar of reality" or Uncle / Father Time, who is suspected of conspiring to break the pillars.

That is scary. Top it off with the skill boost Nerd Boy got *shudder*

I'm curious to what could/would happen in Timeless Space. Is it within the fate web or Tempest's little sandpit?

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:37 am 
migB wrote:

Yeah well what if Torg supposed to be a Fate God?

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:56 am 
So now we know (August 17th) that a mere cut can kill even the immortal. Nice exposition, Chaz!

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:00 pm 
Well, it was implied before... But yes, now we know. I have a very bad feeling that we may get the answer to my question.

I was hoping that she would have the ultimate break through and be able to be a 'normal' person. But it would truly suck for her to have that break only to be cut by Chaz. I guess we'll find out soon....

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat