Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Re: Chaz and Oasis
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:05 am 
Bunny Suction wrote:
Both really interesting possibilities. Two more:
(3) Every time Oasis dies and is reborn, her "innocence" resets until she kills again.
(4) Chaz is not what he appears and the whole "blood of the innocent thing" has been misdirection.

Don't know whether that is (5) or an alteration to (3): There's something about fire which (also?) resets the innocence-status.
Fire is sometimes connected with cleaning. A Phoenix is reborn (like a newborn baby).
Torg took the blood from where the chains cut her - during/after her fire-seizure.
And similar to a Phoenix, Oasis seems completely unharmed by the fire. She was very close to a burning tree and however quick Torg has reacted in opening the chains, a normal human would show some signs of it. Even accounting for very quick healing, that should take some time and we see her very close and without burns right after the fire.

Regards,

TCC

Post Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:05 am 
I am so curious about Chaz's definition of innocence that qualifies her as innocent, but Torg as"certainly not" ...I thought that all of our ideas were making sense, but now, I am not sure.
I thought maybe it was about intent, but her intent doesn't seem innocent either...still trying to put it together....

Post Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:04 pm 
Hmmmmmm..... I'm wondering if this "innocence" thing is like comparing an opotunist thug to a criminal mastermind.

The thug is moving 1 maybies 2 steps ahead, basicly living on instinct. Not nessercerrily looking into the causality of their actions in the long run.
Whereas the mastermind may be playing the looooooooong game, manipulating many in the process.

On a side note, does Bun Bun know about Chaz and his talky glowyness?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:56 pm 
yurak wrote:

A good question--I can't remember who knows...Not many people, I think.
Does anyone remember?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:42 am 
yurak wrote:

Now there's a scary thought... forget Oasis + Chaz, what if BUN-BUN got his hands on a powered-up Chaz?!

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:51 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
yurak wrote:

Now there's a scary thought... forget Oasis + Chaz, what if BUN-BUN got his hands on a powered-up Chaz?!

Chaz is too big for Bun-Bun to hold. However, if his switchblade was given the same abilities as Chaz, that would be very terrifying. And would lead to a lot of funny conversations between Bun-Bun and switchblade Chaz.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:04 pm 
yurak wrote:

As near as I can tell, the only time that Chaz came to life in front of Bun-Bun was while they were in the spirit-world. Torg mentioned something about a magic-sword to Bun-Bun a couple of years before that, but Bun-Bun had fallen asleep, and apparently didn't hear that part. There has been no obvious discussions with Bun-Bun since then that I could find, nor any instances of Chaz being charged in the same place as Bun-Bun (only alt-Bun-Bun) that I could find, other than the spirit-world.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:04 pm 
RamenChef wrote:
Thom Solo wrote:

Chaz is too big for Bun-Bun to hold. However, if his switchblade was given the same abilities as Chaz, that would be very terrifying. And would lead to a lot of funny conversations between Bun-Bun and switchblade Chaz.

I know there's a (non canon) filter at it Bun Bun with a sword. The name is Big Bun & Big Sword in 1337.
Ultimately Bun Bun is the god of power. He a mini lop who can hide a switchblade and a glock on himself. He can throw humans around no problem. He had his scythe switchblade hybrid. I'm also thinking he used a halberd in a fight (Oceans Unmoving?).

@swmartin
Than you for looking Bun Bun/Chaz's history.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:11 pm 
swmartian wrote:
yurak wrote:

As near as I can tell, the only time that Chaz came to life in front of Bun-Bun was while they were in the spirit-world. Torg mentioned something about a magic-sword to Bun-Bun a couple of years before that, but Bun-Bun had fallen asleep, and apparently didn't hear that part. There has been no obvious discussions with Bun-Bun since then that I could find, nor any instances of Chaz being charged in the same place as Bun-Bun (only alt-Bun-Bun) that I could find, other than the spirit-world.

Doh! I should not have posted so hastily. First of all, Bun-Bun was not actually with them in the spirit world... So I extrapolated my initial find incorrectly! Fake Bun-Bun learns that Torg has a talking sword - but Chaz does not actually speak in front him. So by the time Chaz wakes up for real (not just chatty), fake Bun-Bun has already been revealed to be Zepholas. Apparently they did tell Bun-Bun what happened, and presumably that would include an explanation as to why he was covered in innocent blood... But that is an assumption.

As I mentioned, Torg did tell him about a 'magic sword' years before that incident, but again, whether Bun-Bun was actually asleep or just being a jerk (and heard what Torg said) is not clear.

So I think that Bun-Bun knows about Chaz, but I don't think Bun-Bun has ever witnessed a charged Chaz...

Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:27 pm 
swmartian wrote:
swmartian wrote:
yurak wrote:

Doh! I should not have posted so hastily. First of all, Bun-Bun was not actually with them in the spirit world... So I extrapolated my initial find incorrectly! Fake Bun-Bun learns that Torg has a talking sword - but Chaz does not actually speak in front him. So by the time Chaz wakes up for real (not just chatty), fake Bun-Bun has already been revealed to be Zepholas. Apparently they did tell Bun-Bun what happened, and presumably that would include an explanation as to why he was covered in innocent blood... But that is an assumption.

As I mentioned, Torg did tell him about a 'magic sword' years before that incident, but again, whether Bun-Bun was actually asleep or just being a jerk (and heard what Torg said) is not clear. Fake Bun-Bun's reaction to the concept of Torg having a talking sword while they were in the spirit world was taken from Torg's mind. So Torg, at least, does not believe that Bun-Bun knew about Chaz then. Which implies that Chaz is not mentioned again on their trip to the Shadow World...

So I assume that Bun-Bun knows about Chaz, since they did tell him about the adventure in the spirit world. But I don't think Bun-Bun has ever witnessed a charged Chaz...

Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:35 pm 
swmartian wrote:

As I mentioned, Torg did tell him about a 'magic sword' years before that incident, but again, whether Bun-Bun was actually asleep or just being a jerk (and heard what Torg said) is not clear.

So I think that Bun-Bun knows about Chaz, but I don't think Bun-Bun has ever witnessed a charged Chaz...

Ah I didn't realise there was crossed wires.

I was thinking of the Waytang (spelling?) cult. The "shadow" world.
As it happened I had remembered Bun Bun in the "aura sphere" spirit world was copied from Torg's brain and will find somewhere to put that trident. :bunbun: Agreed it's not exactly explain if Bun Bun knows the specifics of the sword power.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:36 pm 
Not sure if he knows the extent of the powers, but he knows that someone upgraded nerdboy.
http://sluggy.com/daily.php?date=060316
I'm also pretty confident that bunbun never met powered up Chaz either. I think we'd remember some clever banter.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:54 am 
Spirantz wrote:
I'm also pretty confident that bunbun never met powered up Chaz either. I think we'd remember some clever banter.

Now that would be fun to hear. It's a conversation I can imagine that would be much at the expense of Torg, and I think Chaz would appreciate Bun bun's nickname for Torg.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:19 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
Not sure if he knows the extent of the powers, but he knows that someone upgraded nerdboy.

I don't think that's a 'Chaz' upgrade, more a battle veteran experience. I can't remember when "That Which Redeems" was, but that reference was just after Bun Bun returned from timeless space.
I see that as Torg (finally) being a bit smarter. Considering his Bun Bun test is "can I hug him?".

What is Chaz's nickname for Torg?

I've also noticed we've gone interestingly off topic.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:14 pm 
yurak wrote:
Spirantz wrote:

I don't think that's a 'Chaz' upgrade, more a battle veteran experience. I can't remember when "That Which Redeems" was, but that reference was just after Bun Bun returned from timeless space.
I see that as Torg (finally) being a bit smarter. Considering his Bun Bun test is "can I hug him?".

What is Chaz's nickname for Torg?

I've also noticed we've gone interestingly off topic.

Yes. You misinterpreted the post(s) and corrected it to the intended meaning.

If you want offtopic, let's talk about the thing on my Toe. It's getting bigger every day.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat