Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Re: Sasha
 Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2017 11:59 pm 
I'm beginning to think that in some ways, it might be as simple as she likes him. I mean, I think she does truthfully like him.

As someone said in the reaction forums a little while back, she knows it's bad. That knowledge may have pushed her to finally act on those feelings. She has a hC job to do, yes, but maybe this admission is just the last chance she feels she will have to say it.

That being said, trust is a whole other issue.

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:21 am 
Maybe she isn't lying about having feelings for him, but there's no chance I'll believe that was the reason to get him over there.

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2017 1:13 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: alecatmew
AOL: alecatmew
I find it hard to reconcile Sasha's role with heretiCorp's temporary folding. Why did she choose to go back to them after that? I thought maybe they had something on her or paid her medical costs after her 50/50 survival chances but so far she's said that they left her high and dry.

It's one thing to just be doing your job (as evil as it may be) but did she really have to resume her role as an agent? Hm.

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2017 1:41 am 
Hereticorp is a dangerous corporation to leave. Generally it's best to tender your resignation with explosives and you'll still have to be looking over your shoulder in case Kusari is coming to fetch you and lock you up in a cell or assassinate you. It's not very likely hC would simply accept her leaving once they rose from the ashes, because of the information she might be able to reveal. Riff cut her off when she started talking about hC rising again, so there's probably something interesting to learn there still. Her potential value to the Oasis project must have been pretty clear though, so they wouldn't have wanted to let her go.

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:37 am 
Alecat wrote:
I find it hard to reconcile Sasha's role with heretiCorp's temporary folding. Why did she choose to go back to them after that? I thought maybe they had something on her or paid her medical costs after her 50/50 survival chances but so far she's said that they left her high and dry.

It's one thing to just be doing your job (as evil as it may be) but did she really have to resume her role as an agent? Hm.

No, something forced her to go back. Or someone. :sasha: :kzk:
(Really missing smilies for Uncle Fate and Berk here...)

And I'm really getting a DoR flashback here, with all the info-reveal and waiting for the other shoe to drop.
She didn't go back to having hC as a customer just because it was an easy way to pay her bills...

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:10 pm 
A few rambling thoughts...

OK, part of what Sasha says kind of makes sense. While many of you were shipping on Riff and Sasha, I wasn't quite feeling it. There was just something a little bit off. Now that could fit her own description of herself, but she was well written to always remain the outsider, no matter how much she was involved with the gang. So finding out that she was a spy all along really didn't bother me... ...except that I'm like Torg and want to see the good in everyone... (even Bun-Bun).

Hence some of the spec that I made recently. Maybe she is a double agent (or triple, whatever), etc. So far in her exposition, all of my spec appears to be completely wrong. On the one hand, that makes sense. Pete is a good magician, and I'm good at being led away to the point of not seeing what's going on with the other hand. However, that none of my spec was right is disturbing - and something is not right at the moment:

When Sasha shot directly at Riff's face, she was almost giddy. I figured that she had to have known that the glass was bulletproof. She just confessed that she didn't. So she apparently had deep, serious feelings about Riff, but had every intention of killing him - and that didn't bother her until after she failed to do so????? I want her to be good, but I'm sorry, it just doesn't fit. She is - still is - a cold-blooded killer.

The only way I can "buy into" this act that she's putting on right now is if it is just an act. Pete is almost going out of his way to make her extra 'doe-eyed'. Yet, today (5/29) there appears to be genuine regret on her face. I dunno. Psychopaths are good at mimicking emotion and even being charming. Maybe the bitch is a psychopath. But she can't be redeemable - Pete had ways to make that a fit (like having her know that the glass was bulletproof), and he didn't use them.

And a parting thought... I don't remember Sasha playing a role at all in 4U City - certainly not as a rebel, but also not as a drugged-up citizen, an early dump down the judgement chute, or as part of the 4U City enforcement. A non-entity.

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 12:59 am 
Speaking of 4u city, Sasha is one of the characters missing from there. Another key missing character, and I think this important, is Bun-bun as he is the reason Torg encountered Oasis. That might have been the key difference between the Dimension of Rain and Sluggy Prime: In the Dimension of Rain, Torg never stumbled across Oasis or Dr Steve. That could be why Dr Steve's facility (if memory serves) appeared to be completely intact in 4u city. This also might be why we had Harbinger there.

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 2:10 am 
migB wrote:
Alecat wrote:

No, something forced her to go back. Or someone. :sasha: :kzk:
(Really missing smilies for Uncle Fate and Berk here...)

And I'm really getting a DoR flashback here, with all the info-reveal and waiting for the other shoe to drop.
She didn't go back to having hC as a customer just because it was an easy way to pay her bills...

Yeah, and of course the moment we get to the point where she's about to tell us the truth, damn Oasis interjects

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:16 am 
Bets that Sasha revealed herself deliberatly? Probably to draw Oasis out so Oasis can die and be cuaght in the resurrection area?

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:39 am 
Considering she probably knows Oasis is out there, and she's wearing an hC shirt and just opened the drapes, yeah. It's a trap. If she takes off her shirt and says "I quit" we'll know she's legit. Or at least shirtless. Fingers crossed for some kind of Kusari reveal.

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:47 am 
Garfunklette wrote:
Considering she probably knows Oasis is out there, and she's wearing an hC shirt and just opened the drapes, yeah. It's a trap. If she takes off her shirt and says "I quit" we'll know she's legit. Or at least shirtless. Fingers crossed for some kind of Kusari reveal.

I've always been one of the Sasha=Kusari supporters. She heals way to fast!

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 12:52 pm 
Marcus wrote:
Bets that Sasha revealed herself deliberatly? Probably to draw Oasis out so Oasis can die and be cuaght in the resurrection area?

I'm thinking yeah. All of this has been a ploy to draw out Oasis. The question in my mind now is this - was revealing everything to Riff part of the ploy, or is it her way of giving them a fighting chance before she dies?

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:03 pm 
She didn't reveal anything Riff didn't know already (except to lure him there), so not a big deal. Besides, her plan might very well be to get Riff to kill Oasis for her, so some amount of caring about her is necessary. That said, I'm not sure how Riff could accomplish that goal without his Mark whatever, but we don't know what he brought or what traps he laid for Sasha.

I'm not a big fan of the Sasha = Kusari theory. For one thing, it would require multiple instances of her being in one place as Sasha and a different place as Kusari at the same time, which doesn't even seem to be acknowledged by most proponents of theory. It would explain Schlock's comment to her about who she is. It would also explain how she knew to run from Bun-Bun (there are multiple other explanations for this, so that one's mostly a joke).

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:38 pm 
The only way Sasha = Kurasi is if Kurasi is a clone or similar of Sasha. There's been too many times where the comic timeline just doesnt allow for Sasha=Kurasi directly.

It's true tho Sasha has been shown to heal far far too fast. So has Torg for that matter.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:37 am 
They really need to get out of there before Oasis shows up!

I just wonder what Torg has told Oasis about the situation, yes, to watch them and watch out for Riff, but anything more specific?
He had to have given her some instructions--even if they would have been overridden by Override B-1.
Sasha isn't marked as hC now, so what will Oasis do when she arrives?

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat