Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Re: Sasha
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:01 pm 
slightlylooney wrote:
Speaking of 4u city, Sasha is one of the characters missing from there. Another key missing character, and I think this important, is Bun-bun as he is the reason Torg encountered Oasis. That might have been the key difference between the Dimension of Rain and Sluggy Prime: In the Dimension of Rain, Torg never stumbled across Oasis or Dr Steve. That could be why Dr Steve's facility (if memory serves) appeared to be completely intact in 4u city. This also might be why we had Harbinger there.

That... is a good point. You're absolutely right, Bun-bun thrashing Nerd-boy is what led them to a skinny-dipping Oasis in the first place, and things just escalated from there. Well-reasoned!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:26 pm 
I think Oasis is capable of recognizing people even in Override B-1, so Sasha will probably have to say she quit to escape death. Of course, I don't think that's actually how this is going to play out.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:09 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
That would explain why Torg wasn't on 4U's radar at all. He was just another pale face to them, they'd have no idea of his resourcefulness.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:00 am 
Silly Green Monkey wrote:
That would explain why Torg wasn't on 4U's radar at all. He was just another pale face to them, they'd have no idea of his resourcefulness.

Everybody's references to 4U City made me decide to go back and reread it. Having just read it last fall for the first time, I can't believe, looking at the dates, that it was 2009!

Here are some rambling thoughts:
It may be because of my personality, but when I read the comic each day, I instinctively believe her, and generally, it's only when I come here that I am reminded why I shouldn't. Still, believing her and trusting her are two different things. Yet, I do want them to believe her as well. I want there to be--not forgiveness, but acceptance. I want this emotionally, not logically. It's the difference, I think, between belief and knowledge.

In someways, I think Torg (much of the time) embodies instinctive, emotional belief. He believes Aylee is good, so she is good. Sam too, and all the "monsters" he became involved with. The same with himself. He believed he could kill the demons. He believed that he could rescue Riff and Zoe from the DoR. (many other examples). It is only when the belief runs up against knowledge against contradictory information, that he has trouble. Like when he suppressed the memory of Gwynn showing him Zoe's necklace of evidence of her death.

On the other hand, Riff mostly relies on intellectual knowledge, and it is when he runs up against emotion that he has difficulty, even down to the "I dunno"s. In 4U City, he gave up when he ran up against DoR's Torg despair at losing Zoe and belief that DoR's Riff could save her.

To bring it back to the Sasha thread, in some ways, they might be reversed here. Riff's decisions are based on emotion, and Torg's decisions are based on knowledge.
This may be wrong, but this is what was going through my head this morning.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:17 pm 
I really want to believe Sasha. I always shipped her and Riff but today's panel makes me not trust her. (again) I'm afraid she's playing Riff and trying to expose Oasis to kill her for Schlock in order to locate the rebirth facility. I really want Sasha to be good/have redemption but she hasn't told Riff (us) anything we don't already know. Plus she's way to pleased with herself in today's strip about Torg, Oasis, and Riff being in one spot. Stay good Sasha!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:59 am 
Currently reading 4U city/Minion Master, and I just got to the part where Bun Bun notes that she is not really a tinkerer.

So I'm not sure how she can help them in terms of bringing down the station. I hope she can, but...

(If it's true).

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:32 pm 
I thought I was wrong about ALL of my Sasha spec, but maybe not... When I suggested that she was working as a double agent, I was thinking that she's really a 'good guy'. I was really hoping for redemption. But I honestly think that we're past redemption - it just does not make sense (as we've discussed before, it would be poor writing - at least not without a really, really good explanation (and even that would likely feel too forced at this point). Silly Green Monkey and Dodger77 got me to revist the double agent theory. Sasha's bangs have always been odd - but Pete has a tendency to draw some interesting hair-do's (e.g., Gwynn), so I never really thought about it, until those two started talking about antennae. Pete drew Sasha's hair in a very distinct way today - and we've seen that profile before - in the cult. Of course! That would definitely explain her psychopathic behavior!

So the bugs are going to join the gang against hC, huh? It does make sense in that Schlock's whole impetus is to create a future without K'Z'K (I mean Poopypants). Interesting bedmates...

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:42 am 
Sasha being a member of the Chilus cult and an employee of hC would've put the fate spiders in fits long ago. Sometimes hair is just hair.

I think this whole time we've been watching the set up for Sasha's death, Riff killing Oasis, and Schlock getting the last piece of scanning he needs for whatever his plan is.

And then there's the possibility/likelihood that one or more of the main cast ends up in Timeless Space (the aforementioned Potential there) as August rolls in.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:38 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
that looks to be just below the breasts, so i'm thinking at least liver, maybe lung, diaphragm probable. If she doesn't bleed out she'll suffocate.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:44 pm 
Saaaasha noooo! Oddly enough I really don't want Sasha to die :( I was hoping for redemption even if I didn't trust her.

So...moment of truth! Does Sasha have weird healing abilities or not!? Guess we'll find out tomorrow!

I've suspected she's had abnormal healing abilities since the minion master arc where she briefly dated Sam and he tried to eat her. It was really cemented for me when Monicruel had her drugged and she went from drugged zombie to ninja trying to assassinate Riff.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:30 pm 
NovemberMists wrote:
So...moment of truth! Does Sasha have weird healing abilities or not!? Guess we'll find out tomorrow!

Heh. When you said 'tomorrow', you obviously forgot that 'tomorrow' was Friday. :-P

Actually with injuries that severe, I doubt that we'll know even by Monday.

So here's a thought. I was wondering if these injuries are too severe for someone with even 'remarkable healing powers' to recover from. After all, (1) even Oasis can 'die' (she just can't stay dead), and (2) Oasis is lethal - particularly on Override B-1.

However, Nash aimed his gun at Katie - Oasis saw that, even when she was dying (dead?). And yet, Nash lives. So maybe Sasha will as well. But then we have more than one question: (1) were those injuries simply very bad, but nonetheless recoverable (like Nash's), or (2) does she - and possibly also Nash - have 'remarkable healing powers'? We know from 6-pack's "death" that medical nannites, at least, can repair the body even near the point of death - just not past the point of death. The rate of repair simply has to be faster than the rate of death. So (3) do 'remarkable healing powers' mean something supernatural (demon?) or does hC (or someone else) have the medical nannite technology already?

So, even if Sasha survives - I'm not sure that we'll have a definitive answer yet.... As close as we supposedly are to the end, Pete is not likely to be that kind...

And I'm stating that last part as spec. Since 99% of my spec is usually wrong, hopefully I've just jinxed us into getting a Sasha explanation sooner rather than later. LOL.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:25 pm 
nanites!

holy poop! I don't think HC is on the same level as 4U city yet but they definitely could have the technology. Schlock has nanites on him himself and knows about Crabtree's work. However HC's lets call it subpar nanites might change when they get the rebirth facility. I also think I figured out exactly how 'rebirths' work O_O to the W.O.H.P.A.O.H thread!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:38 am 
Welp, time to brew up another Kusari. :sasha:

Do you suppose we could look into putting a sense of self preservation into the next batch? Those things are costly, you know.

At least we can have more than one operating at the same time, allowing her to be in multiple places at once.

More seriously, why exactly did Sasha open than window? I smell a rat.

NovemberMists wrote:
I've suspected she's had abnormal healing abilities since the minion master arc where she briefly dated Sam and he tried to eat her. It was really cemented for me when Monicruel had her drugged and she went from drugged zombie to ninja trying to assassinate Riff.

My theory too.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:17 pm 
This still feels like a way for schlock to take riff off the board or extremely reckless. I dunno. Almost seems like 4U was actually time travel rather then dimension hopping.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:41 am 
Dead girl, Sasha

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat