Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:47 pm 
Weremensh wrote:
Pete has a corporeal avatar. Live and learn. Anyway...

Ah, poetry. More than good enough for our exalted standards, too. Mind you, that's for certain values of exalted; but still good enough. So please allow me to present you with this slightly used fourth wall breach-o-matic. It might come in useful in case you ever want to make an editorial aside to the audience, or simply need a quick getaway. Use it in good health.

Thank you for the fourth wall breach-o-matic! I've needed one in the past! I shall keep it next to my computer in case a need comes up.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:19 pm 
Zillatain wrote:
Now as for a picture of Pete. I looked and found a YouTube video of him uploaded back in 2013:

https://youtu.be/75cizw5pCbw

Also it seems to be the most recent I could find of him. The next recent was a picture from 2012. Well, I'm assuming it's from 2012.

AH, I remember seeing that video a long time ago! He's no Comic Book Guy :kiki:

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:37 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:
Ah that Chomsky...he has his fingers everywhere...I like functional linguistics and discourse analysis, but I'm all about methodology (teaching methods) over theory.

Hmmmm, can't help myself.
Are you from Europe, or the US West Coast?
(You don't have to answer that, lol.)

edit: Nevermind. If I really wanted to know, I could look at your 'o' vs. 'ou' usage, among other things. I don't know why you make me feel so stalkish. Sorry 'bout that!
*grabs a website text parser*

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:38 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Abusing my Mod powers--which if you got them, why not? Neither of your choices are correct Spirantz. Though I will say that if you use the speed of light (in a vacuum), you two are only about 3.4 ms apart.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:56 pm 
Zillatain wrote:
Abusing my Mod powers--which if you got them, why not? Neither of your choices are correct Spirantz. Though I will say that if you use the speed of light (in a vacuum), you two are only about 3.4 ms apart.

Oh ho ho! An IP Address only says so much. I may be wrong (and often am), but a location of access only says so much! And can often fib, too. Where am I now?

randomlanguage is lucky that I don't want to do the math! He can sleep easy tonight under your watchful eye.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:52 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Spirantz wrote:
Oh ho ho! An IP Address only says so much. I may be wrong (and often am), but a location of access only says so much! And can often fib, too. Where am I now?
True, they can "fib" since they don't tell exactly where you are, but merely where the request came from. Though when the bulk of them including your previous post come from the same area, you tend to assume that is where they are from.

Having just said that... You last post says you are 48.6 ms by light from randomlanguage. Which is pretty good time considering that the posts are about nine hours apart and it should of taken about 16 hours flying by commercial airline nonstop to get there.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:28 pm 
Zillatain wrote:
Spirantz wrote:
True, they can "fib" since they don't tell exactly where you are, but merely where the request came from. Though when the bulk of them including your previous post come from the same area, you tend to assume that is where they are from.

Having just said that... You last post says you are 48.6 ms by light from randomlanguage. Which is pretty good time considering that the posts are about nine hours apart and it should of taken about 16 hours flying by commercial airline nonstop to get there.

16 hours? I WISH. Not that I'm knockign on this modern miracle of man-made flight.

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions