Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post subject: Introduction, sort of
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:22 am 
I've been reading sluggy since forever but only now have been motivated to make an account and possibly make my only comment. Oasis in the second panel today just broke my heart. As someone said, she is a tragic character, except her tragedy extends to so many dimensions. She has no idea who or what she is. Almost everyone just uses her or wants to use her. Her love feels so true but only exists because it was commanded so. And now Torg, the object of that love, is lying to her face to control her again. For the greater good, perhaps, but it's all a lie, and they will never really be able to be together.

There is a smidgeon of hope that she gets a good ending out of all this but it's hard to see how that will happen.

Anyways, thanks to Pete for keeping up with this through all these years. I was just a kid when I started reading and have watched all my other childhood favorites reach their natural ends. To push onward with this after so much time is a ton of work and shows incredible dedication. Major props. I will continue to read until the end.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:46 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
For extra credit, try to get a consensus answer on what trope Oasis represents. Tragic monster, perhaps? But that aside, welcome aboard. Help yourself to one of our complimentary cocktails (freshly plucked from a very irate rooster indeed), and settle down to be pestered for poetry.

Mind you, just because folks may ask for an original couplet, ode, sonnet, blank verse, or other sort of poem in strange ways doesn't mean you actually have to post one. Apparently there's some kind of tradition about asking. But if you do, you'll make them somewhat happier (and slightly less likely to conspire with the mice against the cat again).

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:54 am 
phyvo wrote:
There is a smidgeon of hope that she gets a good ending out of all this but it's hard to see how that will happen.

Anyways, thanks to Pete for keeping up with this through all these years. I was just a kid when I started reading and have watched all my other childhood favorites reach their natural ends. To push onward with this after so much time is a ton of work and shows incredible dedication. Major props. I will continue to read until the end.

I hope at least she (and Torg) has some resolution to this situation.

And yes, thanks to Pete!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:56 am 
phyvo wrote:
I've been reading sluggy since forever but only now have been motivated to make an account and possibly make my only comment.

-I just joined the forums last week too, so welcome!

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions