Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post subject: Introducing..DrGPS!
 Post Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:34 pm 
Hi there Sluggites!

Apparently I posted in someone else's thread the first time and it was deleted, so I don't have all of the nifty references I had from it before saved. Ah well.

I first saw this web-comic back in 2012 when I lived in Colorado and have followed it diligently since. I have been through archives a few times already to help tie threads together. I am impressed with how Pete has had all of these things tied together so well, and over a 20 year period! There should be some sort of retirement medal for him at this point.

Anyhoo, I moved out to Indiana a couple years ago and have still followed the web-comic.
I can see everything counting down, with the slow, and deliberate elimination of all of the extraneous characters, and we are currently in Sasha's story. I don't know what will happen to her, except she will fall to the wayside like the others, if Pete stays consistent.

I expect it all to come down to our four intrepid heroes (Riff, Torg, Zoe, and Gwynn), along with the former God of Power, Bun-Bun. For some reason, I even see Kiki and Ailee going by the wayside in the future, but perhaps that is looking a little too far out of scope.

Regardless, I am very interested in how it wraps up and follow the comic whenever it is posted. I finally decided to log in and become a Sluggite myself, so I can post my speculations (within the appropriate thread).

As it is, I look forward to when the God of Power finally takes over in the end!

DrGPS

Post subject: Re: Introducing..DrGPS!
 Post Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 1:36 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Welcome to the forum DrGPS!

No, your original post was not deleted (yet). Not sure why you couldn't see it though. You should be able to see your posts even if they haven't been approved yet... Well, actually I'm not sure now that I think about it. Anyway, here's what DrGPS wrote first (in the wrong place):
DrGPS wrote:
Hi There. My name is DrGPS. I first started reading Sluggy Freelance back..wow..back in 2012 when I was in Colorado. Five years reading the same web-comic is a long time for me. Now I live in Indiana and I'm still fascinated with how Pete has been able to juggle all of the plot lines, and I have my own thoughts on how certain threads will end. I am a service-disabled USAF veteran, and have a bit of free time on my hands, so I enjoy reading through the main plot repeatedly to pick up on little things here and there that I missed the first couple of times.

I can see Pete counting down as he systematically removes extraneous members from the group (not in order):

Sam has gone into another closet, taking all of the vampire threats with him
Drake and Tyler drove off into the sunset
Teresa and Crushestro seem to have been reduced to minor cameos
Feng was shot and killed
Monica was killed by being knifed in the back
The bears have run off
Minion Master was killed as a vampire
Demons of pain vanquished
All of the seasonal creatures sent to the background (except some elves)

Soon Sasha will be gone.

Each and every extraneous member is being eliminated until it comes down to the four main characters (Riff, Torg, Zoe, and Gwynn), and then of course, the God of Power Bun-Bun. I like to analyze the comics, going by the history of the other Riff and the destruction of his world and compare it how things have changed, some even ever so slightly, with Zoe being around making decisions or influencing others, which changes the paths our heroes choose, allowing them to find their way through to a livable future together.

So, since I have gone through the history of the website starting from scratch at least twice, I figured it was time to register and come to the forums and join in on the speculation pages.

So, hi there all you Sluggites!
Now that that is out of the way, I should tell you about the Pesterers that tend to randomly bounce off of the wall around here. If one hits you while you are wandering around these various places, she/he/it may let loose with a scream of "PESTER" in your ear. Not many are sure why they do this, but there is one crazy person locked up in Announcements says that they do this to beg for poetry from you. Furthermore, that if you give them an original poem written by you, they may throw a gift at your feet in return.

Now after that, the person's theory does get a little odd...er. They say that you are also not required to give them poetry to wander through the hallowed halls of the forum. It is some sort of strange ritual that the Pesterers must do, but the newcomer is not obligated to participate in. The newcomer may choose to ignore any more contact without detriment. The Pesterers don't care either way.

Crazy, I know.

Post subject: Re: Introducing..DrGPS!
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:16 pm 
Zillatain,

Heh..that's good to know.

However, I would think that a simple Forgetmelots spell would have the PESTERER wandering along the hallways again, looking for their next victim, forgetting the fact they even saw me.

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions