Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3138 posts ] 

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:56 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Kajin wrote:
I think something is wrong with me. I've been getting angrier and angrier lately. Would love to see a doctor or psychologist or SOMEONE about it but I'm not sure I can justify the expense considering the medical bills from my heart procedure left a sizable dent in the entire family's wallet.

Have you been loosing time and waking up wearing only a pair of shorts?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:07 am 
My watch broke. :'(

Post Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:57 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
balthazar wrote:
My watch broke. :'(

I'm guessing that this is a nice watch than the kind that I usually buy? I go with the less than $15 ones from Wal*Mart, I'm too likely to break anything else. Those as well, I just don't really care because I don't have anything major invested in them.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:18 am 
Not expencive, just hard to find. It was one of these. The only analog watch I've ever found that has an alarm on it. I've already ordered another one, but I'm going slightly mad in the mean time.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:20 pm 
WLM: SolaraHanover
Yahoo Messenger: LadySolara
AOL: SolaraHanover
Location: Under my desk hiding from the rabid puffin dingoes who are breaking down my door.
Managed to tear my calf muscle trying to climb on a bench. Wearing a boot in July is just cruel

Post Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:40 pm 
Suffered my first flat tire while on a day trip to Cheyenne with some friends. There went most of the day... Also found out that the 'spare' tire was one of those dinky little ones that says 'do not exceed 55 MPH' on it. Thank God I was literally right across the way from an autoparts store when it went.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:06 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Finally got around to checking the TV that went on the fritz.

Tried an odd thing that might of been the problem from a video on Youtube. Cheap part to fix if that is the problem...but no. Looked over the boards and couldn't see anything that was bad. Did some more digging on the internet and found someone with the exact same TV model and he described the exact same things that were happening as mine. He ended up replacing the main board which solved the problem.

Yea! I just have to replace that and it will (probably) be working again.The part only costs about 140.00...oh, um... But, wait for it, there's more!... ... It doesn't matter one bit. Absolutely nobody has it in stock nor does anyone think they will ever get any more.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:42 pm 
I have to take a class I can't stand, in a field that holds absolutely zero interest to me, in order to satisfy some inane cultural studies requirement in order to graduate. I feel like pulling my hair out.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:05 pm 
And I just had to go get a brand new tire repaired for something not covered by the warranty. Fan-freaking-tastic.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:16 pm 
Its snowing.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:44 pm 
I updated to Windows 10 and my touchpad no longer does 2-finger scrolling and I have no idea how to update the drivers. On that note; why do programmers make updating drivers so freaking complicated!?! Why can't there just be a section of settings where you say 'I want to update the drivers for the touchpad'?!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:15 am 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
I make too much for Medicaid. I'll find out later how much it will cost to get my monthly prescription (could be $100).

Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:34 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Galaxy Hunter wrote:
I have to take a class I can't stand, in a field that holds absolutely zero interest to me, in order to satisfy some inane cultural studies requirement in order to graduate. I feel like pulling my hair out.

Mine was called "The Caribbean Mosaic". Most degrees have some form of this. Think of it as a way to make you slightly more well-rounded.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:10 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
My annoying ink-jet printer. Hated this thing ever since I first got it years ago. But I don't print all that often so I put up with it.

It won't feed the paper correctly and you have to push one page at a time into it so it will (eventually) grab it. All because when I first set it up to print a test page, it pulled ALL -maybe 10-15 sheets- of the paper in the tray at once.

Now, the black ink ran out...or something. I didn't think the estimate was off that badly, but it wasn't printing black anymore, so... Finally got around and put in a new one. Printed an alignment page then scanned it. It failed. Redid everything again. Still failed. Said, "Screw it. I'm only printing something black and white. I don't need it aligned to get the text printed."

I have it print. It goes through the motions. And it is completely blank. "What in the...?"

Anyway, after much profanity aimed at the manufacturers of the printer, and trying many things, it finally occurred to me that the alignment pages should have more than black ink on them. Just because I replaced the black cartridge, doesn't mean the color wouldn't need to be aligned with the black. Okay the color cartridge is not clean. Ran a cleaning and printed a test page.

It only printed magenta. No cyan, yellow, nor puzzlingly any black. Multiple cleanings later (machine and manually), it still only prints magenta.So something strange has happened at one point and now the printer refuses to print anything with the black cartridge even when there is no color at all. Dug into the settings and turned off color printing and to only print in grayscale, and found another setting that told it to only use the black cartridge. Now it prints.

Solving the problem was actually not the most annoying thing though. The previous black cartridge was most likely not empty after all and I didn't need to buy a new one.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:23 pm 
Just came home after 5 months away from my folks. Our dog is depressed, arthritic, and not eating enough such that she's becoming dangerously underweight. I have no idea how to help her...

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3138 posts ] 

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat