Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post subject: Re: Rewatching Old Shows
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:21 am 
gregnier wrote:
I also binged Scrubs, and found the secret last season, which wasn't half bad. if it wasn't labeled "scrubs" it could have stood on its own, but brand fatigue kinda killed the reboot.

I found most of the characters rather annoying. I mean, the original Scrubs had characters who were meant to be neurotic or unpleasant, and I think that's what they were going for with new bunch, but they somehow felt more grating.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:43 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
Kea wrote:
gregnier wrote:
I also binged Scrubs, and found the secret last season, which wasn't half bad. if it wasn't labeled "scrubs" it could have stood on its own, but brand fatigue kinda killed the reboot.

I found most of the characters rather annoying. I mean, the original Scrubs had characters who were meant to be neurotic or unpleasant, and I think that's what they were going for with new bunch, but they somehow felt more grating.
I liked mahoney and the new Narrator, but yeah, the rest of the cast was weak. There also wasn't the immediate pairing of the two main characters that Turk and JD had. I think they were relying on the Turk/Mahoney pairing to pick up that role but they didn't have the same chemistry.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:51 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: drachefly
Kajin wrote:
It's not an old show but I found a copy of Starfox 64 while cleaning out my old bedroom at my mother's house for my nephew to use and I've been playing it on and off all day.

For me, Freeciv. It really highlighted to me the rules mods I wanted to make in civ.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:28 am 
I recently enjoyed the first season of Jane the Virgin on Netflix. I liked how it was simultaneously over-the-top parody and genuinely heartfelt, kinda like Terry Pratchett only with Latin American telenovelas instead of Tolkeinesque fantasy. Pure parodies usually leave me cold, because I don't enjoy things when I have no reason to care about any of the characters or the plot. It is the story of a virgin who gets artificially inseminated through a medical mistake. Hijinks ensue.

Unfortunately, the second season isn't on Netflix yet.

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat