Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Political Opinions and Opinionated Posts

Post subject: Re: Feeling the Bern?
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:05 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
As I've seen it discussed, the problem with Sanders supporters isn't that they're all reliable voters who might vote wrong; it's that a lot of them are apoliticals who usually don't vote at all. The folks who can't deal with not getting their own way would simply stay home.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:28 am 
The amount of booing that Clinton is getting at the DNC suggests otherwise - you don't get to be a convention delegate unless you're a party regular. Even Bernie Sanders can't seem to convince them to vote for Clinton. And if those people are refusing to support Clinton, who knows what's going on downstream?

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:27 pm 
Or maybe they are letting off steam now, because they know at the actual election they will vote for Clinton.

According to some reports Sanders managed to get some points into the Democrats program, but is that more then an informal promise and wishlist?

From the VP pick it seems that Clinton goes for a conventional "win the middle" strategy. Is hat perception correct and are there further indicators?

If so, that sends the message to Bernie supporters "You'll vote for me anyway, so i don't have to care particulary about your issues".

Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:08 pm 
I did not extensivly follow that, but did i get it right, that Clinton is openly covering Wassermann-Schultzes back? Unless she has some masterplan that involves alienating the Bernie camp, that does not seem like smart machiavellism.

What i would expect a machiavellist to do would be to either throw some scapegoat(s) to the wolfes ("Clearly it is a breach of procedure that this level of the party makes such shenengians and i wished i had gotten my victory without it, especially since i did not need that to win anyway"*), or to go to some save distance for the time being and wait until grass has grown over the affair ("Theese allegations need to be investigatedby a neutral comitee and it would be inappropriate for me, to comment on them at this time. I propose that a work group is installed, that discusses how exactly such a neutral comitee should be installed").

And sofar my impression on her has been that while she is not to be trusted at least she is a skilled machiavellist. Did i miss something, or is the latter now in question too?

*i am not really making a statement about the correctness of the last statement, but it would be smart for Clinton to imply that it would be obviously true

Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:00 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: drachefly
We don't know how significant her position in the Clinton campaign is, but there isn't a position in that campaign as important as her old job (aside from Mrs. Clinton's), and she didn't even get the top position there.

So I think think this was more along the lines of giving her an exit route to make sure she got out smoothly.

Board index » Chat Forums » Political Opinions and Opinionated Posts