Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Word Games and Random Silliness

Post subject: Re: !Game Backwards The
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:35 am 
Okay, things are looking bad, I'll admit, but I'm not completely out of the game yet. GH, I'm relying on you to cover my eastern flank; if I concentrate my forces on the south and hold the nuclear silos, I might be able to hold out for long enough for Balthazar's lemming army to come to my rescue. Admittedly, the situation would still be dire at that point, but at least I wouldn't be personally on the brink of annihilation

Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:42 am 
Hold on CCC, I've dispatched the third and fifth legions to reinforce you. You just have to hold out until they arrive.

I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:41 pm 
Darn. Balthazar snuck two entire legions past my electrostatic defenses. It cost him two bishops, the thimble and all his wood, but he did it. My control of the Keep on the Borderlands is critically damaged and I've lost the party thief. I'm in trouble guys. I'm going to have to break out the artillery.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:57 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: drachefly
I see that the chaos magic from the gate has enveloped my orchards.

They are now cheese orchards. Which would normally be useful, but under the circumstances...

And more personally impactful, it has enveloped our present melee. (too many rolls to recount elided - we did that in chat, everyone affected witnessed)

Kitoba, Steave, and I are swirled into the maximo ray and grow by a factor of (2 ^ 1d12 ) = 128.

The resulting explosion hurls us all 7 hexes away. I plow through Jorodryn's sliming agent. I'm stunned for a turn.

All that and I didn't even get to take an action on my own turn.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:59 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
[oog] This is going to take a while. Let's do it in chat. [oog]

Game 2 (Calvinball) well that didn't work and hurt considerably. I'm not going back in that Zone until I'm wearing mech armor.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:36 am 
How appropriate, You fight like a cow.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:33 pm 
*Watches as the rampaging chaos magic turns everything into milk based products*

Ha! You fight like a dairy farmer!

[oog]
There's a reference no one will get.

Steave, it looks like you, Drache and I are going to have to roll 13-sided dies to determine the exact effects.
[/oog]

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:31 am 
Most of the milk powder blowing at me gets eaten by snails. I think that should shield me and everyone downwind from it, though it seems harmless enough... For those complaining snails breed too quickly, though, I have to say I'm not even sure they can keep pace with the demon horde...we confirmed those things were part tribble, right?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:43 am 
Thanks for the help, GH. It's giving me a chance against this demon horde. As per our agreement, I'll now refuel your spaceship and recharge your batteries.

I'll also have the third legion fire at the horde. Rolling 1d20... 1. Again. Oh, dear.

I'm afraid the third legion has been completely overwhelmed, even with GH's help. (It's hard to believe I was winning earlier, isn't it?) I might need some further reinforcement if I'm going to stay in the game, and I'd like to take this opportunity to note that if the demon hordes overrun me, then the rest of you are likely next.

Anyone?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:44 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: jorodryn
Location: Well since the universe expands infinitely in all directions, The center of the universe.
Woohoo, the general is assassinated our Alliance's other plans can move forward unhindered. I'm really surprised that you didn't see that coming. You predicted just about every one of my other moves.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:22 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: drachefly
Nooo! What have you done! Oh consarn it all! Consarn it all to... ummm. Hathsin, or something, I guess?

Well, I loot the remains of my bunker for the surviving odds and ends. Just what I got out is a secret, though.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:40 pm 
Jorodryn, according to the last roll, your secret offensive was a complete success! Drache, looks like you're losing your best man.

I realize that may seem to leave us all a bit underprotected against the rampaging demon hordes, but if there's one thing I feel confident I can count on, it's CCC and his triple legion.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:34 pm 
Given how little sense things have made recently, I suggest we table this game for exactly 143 days. If you'll all forgive the double post, I'll resume exactly where we left off at that time.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:59 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: jorodryn
Location: Well since the universe expands infinitely in all directions, The center of the universe.
I think I need a break from all of this constant bickering. It was one little rules mistake, it happens, move forward. Trying to go back and resolve where the error was made has made me lose focus. I'm a bit confused about what exactly happened now.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:01 am 
Look, the spawning rules aren't the problem. The problem is having to do ragdoll physics for secret encounters by hand. The number of rolls and equations goes up with the square of the articulation points, and right now the heavy hitters have twelve. So yes, kitoba is a good sport and solved the first one really fast, but nobody else can help him if we want the encounter to stay secret, and it's really not fair to ask him to do more than one a day.

Every move in the mean time is going to create more chaos - both out-of-game confusion and in-game time-snap chaos magic. I accept we won't use paprika rules, and so I'll retreat as requested, but then I don't understand how that rolls the other moves back.

Board index » Chat Forums » Word Games and Random Silliness